• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

Okay this one had me confused. I picked it up thinking it was the 99 origin issue. No big deal, but I later saw it was 2000. So When you are really confused just look at the indicia.

Its a 3rd print. I didn't know they made it. All other copies are in 99 this one is in July of 2000. I looked all over ebay and finally MCS gave me my 3rd print answer confirmed by indicia.

beyond3.jpg

Edited by Fastballspecial

The problem with that book is it causes me to check copies in my various lcs that I've already checked who knows how many times before.

It just takes that one new collection to walk through one of those doors to make that persistence pay.

The problem with that book is it causes me to check copies in my various lcs that I've already checked who knows how many times before.

It just takes that one new collection to walk through one of those doors to make that persistence pay.

Thanks guys, I have been looking for this for years. I found this one mid-afternoon on the Sunday of a 3 day local convention which I think goes to show that you never know where a find will happen! I grabbed 20 or so $1 books along with it but this book made my weekend.

There are 3 versions.

The most plentiful is the direct edition with the starburst for 25 cents and both "Direct Edition" and 0.25 printed in the upc box.

The next is the newsstand version with no starburst and is priced at 2.25 in the upc box without the term "Direct Edition". This copy is uncommon to say the least.

The last is thought to be an error presuming that there were some issues printed mid stream changing from the direct edition to the newsstand graphics with both the 25 cent starburst and 2.25 printed in the upc box. Exceedingly difficult.

http://mycomicshop.com/search?q=x-men+423&pubid=&PubRng= for reference!

There are 3 versions.

The most plentiful is the direct edition with the starburst for 25 cents and both "Direct Edition" and 0.25 printed in the upc box.

The next is the newsstand version with no starburst and is priced at 2.25 in the upc box without the term "Direct Edition". This copy is uncommon to say the least.

The last is thought to be an error presuming that there were some issues printed mid stream changing from the direct edition to the newsstand graphics with both the 25 cent starburst and 2.25 printed in the upc box. Exceedingly difficult.

http://mycomicshop.com/search?q=x-men+423&pubid=&PubRng= for reference!

Okay that explains it because I have found the newsstand, but not the variant of it which is the very hard one to find.

Found this one last week. Its available on ebay for a pretty price, but regardless you wont see it very often in the wild. Shadowman 5/6 seems harder then this book for me to find overall as I have found this book 3 or 4 times over the years.

unity3f.jpg

Edited by Fastballspecial