• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,018 posts in this topic

I tell ya, I'm really liking these Don & Maggie books. They are so fresh in hand. I assumed the books were bought 2nd hand because of the 'collection' designation but I wonder if they bought some of these directly off the stands ?

lf2-1.jpg

lfCA77FHGY.jpg

Just seeing this thread as well as Bob's comment and agree big time! I picked up the 9, 12, 32, 37, 50 & 51 and they are all really sharp. Look at this one for example:

17vej5.jpg

Here are scans of a half dozen Justice League of America comics from my collection that I may not yet have posted in this thread:

JLA0002_zpsb417ae24.jpg

:cool:

Nice copy - one of two JLA issues I am missing. Three if you count B&B 28....

I tell ya, I'm really liking these Don & Maggie books. They are so fresh in hand. I assumed the books were bought 2nd hand because of the 'collection' designation but I wonder if they bought some of these directly off the stands ?

lf2-1.jpg

lfCA77FHGY.jpg

I would say Don and Maggie brought them from the rack .

...that's right. The term "collection" is just part of the name of the Pedigree, which it is. There were a few bought second hand...... but piles and piles and piles of them were bought off the rack and lovingly stored. I believe there was a decent write up in the Heritage catalog in which the books first began appearing in earnest. I've got it laying around somewhere. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...that's right. The term "collection" is just part of the name of the Pedigree, which it is. There were a few bought second hand...... but piles and piles and piles of them were bought off the rack and lovingly stored.

What year did Don and Maggie get heavily into collecting? Only comics released before that date would likely have been bought second hand.

:)

Did the Don and Maggie collection have a lot of esoteric titles - e.g. Charlton, Archie, Harvey, Dell, funny animal, war, western, romance - or was it largely Marvel and DC superhero comics like all too many other pedigrees?

???

I seem to recall Maggie's first comic being an early issue of Mad, when it was still a comic. They both had collections when they met. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Here are scans of a half dozen Justice League of America comics from my collection that I may not yet have posted in this thread:

JLA0002_zpsb417ae24.jpg

:cool:

Nice copy - one of two JLA issues I am missing. Three if you count B&B 28....

Beautiful copy. I've always found that issue 5 has been tougher than the others early issues to find in HG. Love your copy!

Edited by Stevenrams

Yeah, the last time I can recall a JLA 29 in 9.4 or above coming to auction was back in 2012...when it sold for $1,335!!!!!

It is a key JLA issue...apparently someone else wanted it almost as bad as I did and bid me up way more than I thought was going to be necessary.

To think I missed out on the 9.6 copy 5 years ago when it sold for under $4K! :makepoint: