• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Detective Show Us Yours!
14 14

2,400 posts in this topic

a couple recent pickups. hoping to add one or two from the clink auction but i may be priced out at the rate things are going. very happy with these for now:

Bats%2016_zpsqrnwcd9g.jpg

Tec%20140_zpsompmeuui.jpg

Congrats on the pickups. I have been looking for a Bats 16 low grade for some time, and they always seem to disappear rather quickly.

thanks! yeah the 16 has been on the radar for a while very happy to have found such a nice presenter of an early bat key. the top staple detached but the eye appeal, colors and pq are strong. its a sneaky key that is undervalued imo but like you say snagging one isnt easy.

The only problem is: having opened it, it appears the book has had serious water damage that was pressed. The paper still has that water damage feel to it. Honestly CGC giving it a 5.0 is insanely over-graded. The book should have been a 3.0.

The only problem is: having opened it, it appears the book has had serious water damage that was pressed. The paper still has that water damage feel to it. Honestly CGC giving it a 5.0 is insanely over-graded. The book should have been a 3.0.

Sorry to hear that. Such is the lottery of cracking slabs. I've experienced outrageous internal page damage before, such as burnt pages which were ignored in the grading process for some reason. I'm sure this kind of thing doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Cracking a book out, and then immediately regretting you've done it, is not a nice feeling.

Jeremy, I'll take a look at it next week.

I traded some of my bigger bat books away and felt too big of a piece missing from the collection so just snagged this guy from mcs this morning. Fair enough ask and based on the action with the clink copies and relative rarity i believe this cover will go the way of tec 69. up up and away!

just got to get it out of that wretched faulty slab.

Tec%2073_zpshz4dm1qo.jpg