• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

Great seeing him deal with his new abilities.

29022748620_86fd4db704_b.jpg

Funny panel. Really shows you what it's like for him. Makes it feel believable.

29310653575_61a5cc5b10_b.jpg

Oh the irony.

29276740556_96516ec7f1_b.jpg

Very cool. But why does he see only some events in slow motion?

28688054944_15a8eb5449_b.jpg

Very noble as opposed to Peter Parker...

29202508582_97b694e1b5_b.jpg

Kinda silly, but it looks cool.

28689861583_3efd88912c_b.jpg

I love this one.

29022743620_0be90c2e1f_b.jpg

I'm glad the original owner didn't use the coupon.

29202511472_94c48ed556_b.jpg

Expired almost 60 years ago!

29310653475_da29bf1d0a_b.jpg

Turtle man was a really lame villain. Cool to see flash running on water. He does a lot in one issue.

29310650135_37fe8cca35_b.jpg

Does she ever find out?

28688054734_4977a52b52_b.jpg

This villain looks more interesting.

28688194734_36336dc293_b.jpg

Sending criminals back in time.... Somebody got fired for that one.

28688194174_cd8e8a5a0b_b.jpg

I love Flash's ear wings. Very cool design.

28690013753_743507e6be_b.jpg

Flash seems insanely powerful......

29232138011_c060432af1_b.jpg

29276947806_82286993fd_b.jpg

I bet readers were mad they had to wait almost 8 months for the next Flash story.

Maybe they thought it was just a neat one shot.

I can see how people could have easily missed this first issue.

I picked this up a couple months ago, about 700 pages big. 2nd omnibus comes out November 15th

D4F859A1-1B3C-4661-AB4F-5447ABAFC80A_zpshrbnslmt.jpg

Got one myself. :headbang:

These archives Omnibuses are the best way to relive these great old stories and art.

Thanks - I snagged the #139...but with a couple other purchases last night I couldn't push any harder on the #106, so I was the underbidder on that one.

There were some nice Flash books in that auction - hard to ignore!

Thanks - I snagged the #139...but with a couple other purchases last night I couldn't push any harder on the #106, so I was the underbidder on that one.

No problem. Too bad you couldn't get both. doh! Flash #106 is extremely HTF in high grade. It took me several years to finally snag my copy. :wishluck:(thumbs u

Flash #139 is a very underrated key, but with results like this collectors are truly noticing it's significance and the bitter rivalry between the Flash & Professor Zoom. hm(thumbs u

Poster: jaja-mon12

Subject: Re: Flash collectors thread

Originally Posted By: JLA Brad

No problem. Too bad you couldn't get both. doh! Flash #106 is extremely HTF in high grade. It took me several years to finally snag my copy. (thumbs u

Flash #139 is a very underrated key, but with results like this collectors are truly noticing it's significance and the bitter rivalry between the Flash & Professor Zoom. hm(thumbs u

Yeah, I was in a number of the Flash auctions which were all going extended time and I had just secured the #105. :banana: That meant I was only going to go after either the #106 or the #139. I realize that #106 was a very favorable grade, but I just wanted the #139 more.

Hopefully, somewhere down the line I can secure a HG copy of #106 as well. When you have a strong auction with many desirable issues, it can be very tough to get them all!

Poster: jaja-mon12

Subject: Re: Flash collectors thread

Originally Posted By: JLA Brad

No problem. Too bad you couldn't get both. doh! Flash #106 is extremely HTF in high grade. It took me several years to finally snag my copy. (thumbs u

Yeah, I was in a number of the Flash auctions which were all going extended time and I had just secured the #105. :banana: That meant I was only going to go after either the #106 or the #139. I realize that #106 was a very favorable grade, but I just wanted the #139 more.

Hopefully, somewhere down the line I can secure a HG copy of #106 as well. When you have a strong auction with many desirable issues, it can be very tough to get them all!

Cool, you got a Flash #105 too! (thumbs u What grade was that copy? I have ~4 more issues to complete my Flash key villains run personally. :wishluck::headbang:

I like both of them #106 & #139 very much, but since #106 has the origin and 1st appearances of both Gorilla Grodd & the Pied Piper I had to have it. ;) As you may know almost all the early SA Flash books are very scarce/rare in high grade compared to most Marvel keys. hm(thumbs u

No problem. Too bad you couldn't get both. doh! Flash #106 is extremely HTF in high grade. It took me several years to finally snag my copy. :wishluck:(thumbs u

You still think 139 is underrated, I love the tv show flash and I think Tom cavs naught did a fantastic job playing reverse flash in season 1, but I know the book had a huge price spike. I bought my 139 4.0 and sold it to upgrade to a 7.5/8.5 but looks like that's out of my range now. Still eye balling that 8.0 on eBay now though

Cool, you got a Flash #105 too! (thumbs u What grade was that copy? I have ~4 more issues to complete my Flash key villains run personally.

The #105 was a 7.5 - probably all I could afford right now, given the other purchases I managed.

I like both of them #106 & #139 very much, but since #106 has the origin and 1st appearances of both Gorilla Grodd & the Pied Piper I had to have it. ;) As you may know almost all the early SA Flash books are very scarce/rare in high grade compared to most Marvel keys. hm(thumbs u

Did you get the #106 from this auction or from before?

Are you sure there are lots of Marvel keys out there? I just looked at my collection and I didn't see any! lol

You still think 139 is underrated, I love the tv show flash and I think Tom cavs naught did a fantastic job playing reverse flash in season 1, but I know the book had a huge price spike. I bought my 139 4.0 and sold it to upgrade to a 7.5/8.5 but looks like that's out of my range now. Still eye balling that 8.0 on eBay now though

Yeah I do, especially when compared to other SA DC keys. Unless you have a 9.0 & up copy, I feel Flash #139 is grossly undervalued. (shrug) I feel prices such as the recent CC sale will become more prevalent for this book and all Flash keys as we get closer to the movie release. That is if more of them hit the market. hm(thumbs u

Cool, you got a Flash #105 too! (thumbs u What grade was that copy? I have ~4 more issues to complete my Flash key villains run personally.

The #105 was a 7.5 - probably all I could afford right now, given the other purchases I managed.

Great PU! (thumbs u

Did you get the #106 from this auction or from before?

Are you sure there are lots of Marvel keys out there? I just looked at my collection and I didn't see any! lol

I obtained my #106 through a private sale earlier this year. :grin:

lol Compared to DC keys, there are an abundance of Marvel keys. ;)