• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Rebirth Issues and Thoughts on the Relaunch and Each Title

317 posts in this topic

Just read Aquaman 1-5. Giving a lot of these titles a chance, just in case they actually go back to the DC of old ( I couldn't stand the New 52 or a lot of stuff right before it ). Arthur and Mera are rocking it. Great intro story and I have never been a big Auqaman fan. Best start since Peter David stuff. Pick this one up.

Aquaman - I really like this book, it has an old school feel to it.

All Star Batman - I cant stand JRJ art & the story was ok. Trade wait this one.

Batman - really, really good read. Nice to see some old villains.

Nightwing - gives me background story to the main bat book, but it is not a supporting book, it stands on its own and expands the bat universe nicly.

Deathstroke - average but going to stick with it.

Supergirl - AAARGH! horrible.

Wonder Woman - they fixed her origin story, it makes sense. Great book.

JLA - hey, its JLA!

Super Woman - liked this a lot.

Hipster batgirl - terrible, just terrible! I hate how they have batgirl texting and speaking 20 something lingo thinking she is all hip and this will open the flood gates and get all females, text peeps and hipsters to flock to this book. lol

Harley Quinn - this book is clearly not aimed at me. it made no sense and seemed to try for the deadpool humor. I hated it.

Hal Jordan - solid GL stories

Hellblazer - NO! I tried to read it, but I do not care for the character. This type of character does not appeal to me.

Going to read: GA, GL, Detective, Action, Flash, SS. Titans

Edited by Master_P

I'm glad DC is doing so well but I like new 52 stories much better, at least when they started. I don't enjoy Rebirth at all.

I have only been collecting Batman and JL for sentimental reasons and may be dropping them for good. I think they are awful.

It seems to me using the perpetual reboot strategy DC will match Marvel in marketing. They will eventually clean up their movie fiascos as well.

I'm contemplating buying the sa/ba material only. The independent titles are the only new reads keeping me interested now.

New 52 had Batman and for a time Justice League (Darkseid War). I guess arguments could be made for some other B titles, but the main lineup weren't all heavy hitters.

Rebirth has some great B titles and the main lineup is there but scattered. Batman is the weakest of them - Detective Comics and Nightwing are great on the other hand.

Superman is great. Wonder Woman is solid, potential to be great.

That plus the main Rebirth plotline that will be a slow burn in Titans and maybe Flash can definitely push Rebirth ahead of N52 in quality number of books.

Wonder Woman 1 - loved the story, have the rest of the run to read.

Suicide Squad - enjoyed issue 1, will continue

Batman 1 - yes, this is good batman.

JLA - on board.

Next up are Nightwing, Deathstroke, Flash, Harley, Batgirl, Supergirl, and AS Batman.

Are aqua man and GL titles good? How about blue beetle?

Aquaman has a lot of fans currently and I can see why, it is a well done book and looks to be going places. I rate it higher than Green Lanterns which I feel is full of problems and a poor way to begin the new Lanterns in continuity, The only cool part was when

that strange Guardian showed up and talked some Rebirth stuff

. Hal Jordan is far better, but I mean, it's Hal Jordan.

Nightwing is fantastic and IMHO the best Rebirth book. As others have as if Batgirl is too hipster for me.

What's hipster about her? She's in Asia trying to get into underground fighting? The story doesn't make all that much sense but it's not like she's sitting around listening to the smiths.

Blue Beetle 1- I have been waiting for the return of the real Ted Kord for quite some time. There have been one offs in Booster Gold and we had teenager Kord in New 52 but this is kinda like the Ted of old. Kinda in that we don't have his full back story yet so we don't know how he fits into the whole Blue Beetle mythos yet.

Jamie Reyes is a problem for me. I would like to have my heroes a little less whiney and a little more into it. I know the plot is calling for this set up between Kord an Reyes to be similar to Batman Beyond but I don't like Jamie.

I really wish Ted had a book by himself that dealt with a hero that somtimes is out of shape, has heart issues, has a crush on ORACLE GRRRRRRRR and still wants to be a hero.

There's going to be a Justice League vs Suicide Squad event in December. #1 & 2 in December, 3-6 in January.. Also Suicide Squad #9&10 and Justice League #12&13 tie into the event. JLA will be born from the event and start in February.

I'm in.

Wonder Woman 1 - loved the story, have the rest of the run to read.

Suicide Squad - enjoyed issue 1, will continue

Batman 1 - yes, this is good batman.

JLA - on board.

Next up are Nightwing, Deathstroke, Flash, Harley, Batgirl, Supergirl, and AS Batman.

Are aqua man and GL titles good? How about blue beetle?

I enjoyed Deathstroke Rebirth, have not read #1, but felt rebirth was a nice introduction for the book. I will continue.

Set up at a one day show in Calgary yesterday. I foolishly did not put out my Rebirth and new #1s until late in the show.

Nightwing #1 is still in the stores but was a quick $6 sale.

Super Girl #1 Hughes were selling for $8 - $10 across the show.

Harley #1 and SS #1 regular covers at $6 apiece.

It was nice to see the interest in the new books despite the fact that most of them are still on sale for cover at the larger LCSs.

I also had a ton of requests for New 52 books, and other dealers that brought them were doing well. People were also asking for the Bombshell covers - I think that these have great long term potential.

Nightwing is fantastic and IMHO the best Rebirth book. As others have as if Batgirl is too hipster for me.

What's hipster about her? She's in Asia trying to get into underground fighting? The story doesn't make all that much sense but it's not like she's sitting around listening to the smiths.

lol