• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
18 18

2,250 posts in this topic

The batman 1 1:200 even in sig series 9.8 has been dropping and the last one went for 800. That's a good bit down from just a few months ago.

DC rebirth has killed the new52's

And how. Those damn foil variants, shoulda grabbed some on the cheap lol

Jerome

The batman 1 1:200 even in sig series 9.8 has been dropping and the last one went for 800. That's a good bit down from just a few months ago.

Jerome

I was wondering what would become of the new 52s. Batman 1 is still putting up good numbers. Rebirth will go the same way after DCs next reboot.

Jerome

I was wondering what would become of the new 52s. Batman 1 is still putting up good numbers. Rebirth will go the same way after DCs next reboot.

I'm usually anti-variant for investment, but that Snyder run (particularly Court of Owls) will go down as a classic. Might be a good book to pick up if it drops too far.

My Crystall Balls say once the WD shows are done, so are the value to most of the books. Time will tell I guess.

And the Wolverine #145 IMO is the most underrated book in that list. I get PMs about that book the most.

I do wish they footed the bill for a GPA for that article though, too many N/As.

I've never even seen a Spawn #185 Sketch :sorry:

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

My Crystall Balls say once the WD shows are done, so are the value to most of the books. Time will tell I guess.

And the Wolverine #145 IMO is the most underrated book in that list. I get PMs about that book the most.

I do wish they footed the bill for a GPA for that article though, too many N/As.

Jerome

Walking Dead is a great story by itself, regardless of the show. The 1st appearances may drop, but #1 will always be sought after.

Jerome

Walking Dead is a great story by itself, regardless of the show. The 1st appearances may drop, but #1 will always be sought after.

Yes, that is better said. #1 will always be a monster, it may drop a little, but not much.

The ruby red Campbell should be higher as well as the batman rrp. Don't agree with the rankings.

Yea, as I'm reading it over more and more, many are out of place, those two included!

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

The ruby red Campbell should be higher as well as the batman rrp. Don't agree with the rankings.

Yes I've obviously been plagiarized. doh!

Their methodology is rather bone-headed though which is why you have books ranked way too low (like the Bats 608RRP which should be about 3rd now) and way, way too high (Siege 3) second + print books and foreign reprints and books that aren't even variants that are not comparable and don't belong on the same list together.

The main problem is, as Lethal_collector said, no one over there seems to want to spring for a GPA account so nearly the entire list is disproportinately weighted with (basically only the most recent) raw sales from eBay, which doesn't even give you an even playing field amonst books that actually are "like" and rightfully compared.

Plus putting any every book that just came out makes the list impossible to maintain in any relevant manner as basically anything after the first 12 (maybe 20) books is highly susceptible to the wild fancies that make up the vast bulk of the variant market, which then essentially defeats the purpose of the list.

I really just need to update the "OG" list here on the boards.... lol

-J.

With that many signatures , I would say that's maybe 10-15% below what I would have expected a CGC copy to have brought.

I'm also trying to figure out how some of those signatures were "verified" by them, since I didn't think they were doing that yet when some of those sigs were supposedly done...

-J.

Obvious sig pump n dump :tonofbricks: What is Herb's sig doin on there, sure he was the first Wolvie artist but-.....*le sigh* like I said, SS pump n dump : /

I do wonder that it's low because the CBCS verified sigs aren't fully understood by people yet, or that CBCS overall just sells for a little less?

Jerome