• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

Very nice!

Keeping with that post code SciFi theme, here's a recent addition that fits!

The Everett cover and interior story were great, but I really liked the last story "The Hypnotist!" by Bernie Krigstein the best.

Astonishing%20%2047_zpsnq0syp1w.jpg

Haven't posted a post code Atlas in a while, this is one of my favorites:

Jim25_zps26xaltz3.jpg

Nice companion book to Mystery Tales 40 (which I've noticed has come down a lot in price recently)

I guess technically out of the golden age category, but close enough and its an atlas. I love this cover, which unfortunately has absolutely nothing to do with the story inside, which is just about a frozen caveman not an ice monster.

022.jpg

..I love this issue.... got a Williamson in it.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I guess technically out of the golden age category, but close enough and its an atlas. I love this cover, which unfortunately has absolutely nothing to do with the story inside, which is just about a frozen caveman not an ice monster.

022.jpg

I had that book and sold it...Stories were lame, as they were with so many post code issues.

That's where you and I differ.... the shift to fantasy didn't bother me that much.... but it certainly isn't the PCH chillers from a few years prior. GOD BLESS...

RM,

for that combo, your choices are actually fairly limited. I could only find the following books for which Russ did both cover & interior for the Horror books:

JiUW 36 a.k.a. # 1 for which he drew 3 interior stories so that would be great choice but it's not really horror

AiTerror 43 a.k.a. # 1

Marvel Tales 104

Astonishing 8

Suspense 14

Strange Tales 6

Spellbound 4

Mystery Tales 3

Mystic 10

Marvel Tales 110

Spellbound 12

JiM 11

Spellbound 16

I like the splash to the story in Spellbound # 2 https://www.atlastales.com/story/6812 but he didn't do the cover. At any rate, you only have 12 books to pull to narrow down your choice. Have fun! :thumbsup:

My favorite Heath horror cover would be the spellbound with tentacled aliens coming up out of the graveyard to menace our hero and "healthy" gal (as only Russ could draw them!)

A close second might be a later issue of astonishing where a skeletal fellow has dug a grave on a construction site, with his victim plummeting to earth - "I died too often!"

But I'm not sure what Heath art, if any, lies inside these.

Agreed. I love this issue and cover as well (thumbs u

022.jpg

Along with your horror, I would also bring a war comic ... 2 of my favorites, Men's Adventures #20 or War #11 (which almost counts as a horror with that flamethrower cover).

Question for you Atlas guys. I'm going to see Russ Heath in a few weeks. What horror books would be good candidates? I would prefer one he did the cover as well as a good interior story. I would want him to sign inside. Any suggestions?

My favorite Heath horror cover would be the spellbound with tentacled aliens coming up out of the graveyard to menace our hero and "healthy" gal (as only Russ could draw them!)

A close second might be a later issue of astonishing where a skeletal fellow has dug a grave on a construction site, with his victim plummeting to earth - "I died too often!"

But I'm not sure what Heath art, if any, lies inside these.

Can't argue with Spellbound 20, best hooters on any Atlas, AFAIAC. No interior work by Heath, however.

2evvxis.jpg