• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 24-27, 2017
2 2

371 posts in this topic

Wizard World and Baltimore back to back weeks - they trying to kill us? People's livers can only handle so much!

This is part of the problem, scheduling the shows for the dealers, as I can't imagine that people will be excited about doing these two giant shows in back to back weeks.

Personally, my issue is that I usually get to end my summer on a week(ish) long trip to Chicago. I'm born and raised there, but haven't lived there in basically 20 years. I get to visit friends, eat wonderful food, and that week around the con is usually the only time of the year that I get this. Moving the con a week later takes it out of my last week of break and into my first week of teaching, which means having to miss class to fly to Chicago to do a quick hit and run for three days of the show. Flying instead of driving also means I can't carry as much stuff, and it costs much more. I'll still be there, but it kills all the extras that I so look forward to with WW Chicago. I'll live, but I'm not at all happy about it.

If they are really going to do it back to back next year, I'll either decide to do one or the other or I just may stay in Chicago for a few days before I head off to Baltimore.

No way I'm going to fly back and forth.

That's a decision that a lot of people will have to make. And it gets expensive to put all those days back to back if you have to stay in a hotel...

Plus since I like to pay by cash, do I really want to bring that much money at once?

That too. I know I couldn't afford to do both, I rarely leave WW with any money in my budget.

If they are really going to do it back to back next year, I'll either decide to do one or the other or I just may stay in Chicago for a few days before I head off to Baltimore

Chicago will never survive more than 5 days of greggy :eek:

How would the dealers fare without four days of greggy? :tonofbricks: Or any other higher rollers who would pick which show to do?

Wizard World and Baltimore back to back weeks - they trying to kill us? People's livers can only handle so much!

This is part of the problem, scheduling the shows for the dealers, as I can't imagine that people will be excited about doing these two giant shows in back to back weeks.

Personally, my issue is that I usually get to end my summer on a week(ish) long trip to Chicago. I'm born and raised there, but haven't lived there in basically 20 years. I get to visit friends, eat wonderful food, and that week around the con is usually the only time of the year that I get this. Moving the con a week later takes it out of my last week of break and into my first week of teaching, which means having to miss class to fly to Chicago to do a quick hit and run for three days of the show. Flying instead of driving also means I can't carry as much stuff, and it costs much more. I'll still be there, but it kills all the extras that I so look forward to with WW Chicago. I'll live, but I'm not at all happy about it.

If they are really going to do it back to back next year, I'll either decide to do one or the other or I just may stay in Chicago for a few days before I head off to Baltimore.

I'll get the shed guest room ready :whee:

Something out of 50 shades of grey I imagine.

Better than 50 shades of greggy...

...and these dates actually work out better for me. I had plans for the 21st next year and was going to have to gallop away from breakdown Sunday to get there, so now I can take care of things leisurely and head to the show.

Better than 50 shades of greggy...

Now that I think about it, more like Misery.

Flight booked with miles. :headbang:

The irony is that these dates really screw up my usual trip to Chicago, but I will likely get to spend more time at the actual show (and do the Gibson's dinner) because I have to fly instead of drive.