• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ZOMBIELAND 2 from Sony

40 posts in this topic

‘Zombieland 2’ to Begin Filming This Summer?!

Zombieland-2-Movie-poster-and-release-date.jpeg

Various casting sites are reporting that Zombieland 2 is targeting to begin filming in Atlanta this coming August.

This by no means confirms production will commence, but it’s another sign (the first being the logo on display at this month’s CinemaCon in Las Vegas) that the studio is moving forward with the long-gestured sequel.

Back in September of 2014 word came via Deadline that Sony Pictures was getting more serious about mounting another installment of Zombieland.

At the time the studio had hired Dave Callaham to write the sequel under the supervision of Ruben Fleischer, who’ll return to direct.

Callaham had been scripting The Expendables films, and he had story credit on Legendary’s revival of Godzilla.

Paul Wernick And Rhett Reese Confirm They Are Currently Working On Zombieland 2

While appearing on AMC's Geeking Out with Kevin Smith and Greg Grunberg, Deadpool writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese provided an update on Zombieland 2.

"That is breaking news that we're on Zombieland 2 right now," said Wernick and Reese. "We're sitting with Woody [Harrelson] tomorrow and are going to sort of walk him through some of the stuff we want to do. All the cast is pretty excited."

:whee:

They also shared how Bill Murray ended up in the first movie.

Wernick and Reese also talked about Bill Murray's scene in Zombieland. They revealed that the part was originally written for Patrick Swayze, but he got sick. Then, they offered the part to around twelve other actors, including Sylvester Stallone, Kevin Bacon, Mark Hamill, and Jean-Claude Van Damme.

However, all the other actors passed, so they turned to Woody Harrelson for ideas. Harrelson suggested either Dustin Hoffman or Bill Murray. However, Hoffman couldn't do it, so they reached out to Murray, who asked to be sent the -script. After a couple changes to the -script to expand Murray's role, he agreed to do it.

Jesse Eisenberg Offers Zombieland 2 Production Update at SXSW [Exclusive]

After years and years of waiting, Zombieland 2, titled Zombieland: Double Tap, is finally in the works. While the studio, for the time being, is keeping a pretty tight lid on things, I recently had the chance to chat with Jesse Eisenberg, who returns as Columbus in the upcoming sequel. Eisenberg was kind enough to provide us with a little bit, in broad terms, of what we can expect from the movie when it arrives later this year.

Jesse Eisenberg was at SXSW in Austin, Texas to promote his new movie The Art of Self Defense, along with the rest of the cast and director Riley Stearns. We'll have the full interview coming down the pipeline at a later date. During the conversation I was able to ask him about Zombieland: Double Tap and, again, while he couldn't reveal too much, in terms of specifics, the actor did promise that they're not going to be content with mediocrity and are doing their best to deliver fans something that will satisfy. Here's what he had to say about it.

"It's going really well. Just resting on our laurels and really cocky [laughs]. No, the opposite. We're working so hard. It's one of these movies that, people loved it for personal reasons. So it's not just a big hit movie. People love it for personal reasons so you want to make sure it's as funny and as personal as the other one."

Zombieland 2: Double Tap. :roflmao:

'Zombieland 2': Woody Harrelson "Really Impressed" With Sequel, Calls the Experience "Unbelievable"

Speaking with EW, Harrelson took a second to praise all of his costars and director Ruben Fleischer, saying that the production of zombie sequel didn't feel much like work.

“What we’ve shot so far, I’m really impressed with,” Harrelson said. “Getting to hang out with these guys — Emma, and Abbie, and Jesse, and Ruben — I feel so lucky, really, really lucky. You know, it’s literally laughing all day long, and that’s your job. Like, my job is, I laugh all day long? It seems unbelievable. So, I feel really lucky right now.”

In addition to Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin are all slated to return to reprise their roles from the first film. Zoey Deutch (Before I Fall) and Rosario Dawson (Daredevil) will join the likes of Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) and Luke Wilson (Idiocracy) as new additions to the cast.

Coincidentally enough, Eisenberg was also at SXSW to promote a different film and he ended up echoing Harrelson's sentiment of the production.

“No, the opposite. We’re working so hard," Eisenberg said. "It’s one of these movies that, people loved it for personal reasons. So it’s not just a big hit movie. People love it for personal reasons so you want to make sure it’s as funny and as personal as the other one.”

:wishluck: