• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the best Marvel/DC animated series/movies?
1 1

367 posts in this topic

Two stars but still higher than four Justice League movies lol

Am I right in saying it's a little bit Barbie...? It does look like they're aiming DC Superhero girls at the same audience.

Am I right in saying it's a little bit Barbie...? It does look like they're aiming DC Superhero girls at the same audience.

Yeah after sleeping on it, I might knock it below Doom.

Those JL movies felt too much like those rushed Marvel Animation Ultimate Avengers movies.

But, admit it was trying to give us something different. It just forced too many characters on you at once. The Beast Boy parts were as painful to watch as the Shazam ones in the JL movies. As always Supergirl was the best character. Although the plot gives us a generic ending a third grader could predict, the animation was pretty solid.

Be prepared to fast forward parts.

Those JL movies felt too much like those rushed Marvel Animation Ultimate Avengers movies.

But, admit it was trying to give us something different. It just forced too many characters on you at once. The Beast Boy parts were as painful to watch as the Shazam ones in the JL movies. As always Supergirl was the best character. Although the plot gives us a generic ending a third grader could predict, the animation was pretty solid.

Since the DC Super Hero Girls line was created to attract young girls to the DC female superhero franchise, which includes action figures and dolls...

DCsuperHeroGirls.jpg

...the theme and stories are most probably geared toward a much younger audience so as not to overwhelm them with massive fight scenes or even potential threats of death. At least it provided a soundtrack to get them off the couch though.

It is shows like Teen Titans GO where kids and adults can find something to enjoy. One heck of a funny show!

It is shows like Teen Titans GO where kids and adults can find something to enjoy. One heck of a funny show!

Don't forget the wonderful Gotham Girls series.

Yeah, on a binge of the girly import show Miraculous, it showed it could connect to an adult audience as well. So after your thread in CG, I was reasonably curious if DC could pull it off as well. Marvel Superhero Squad actually sprinkled a lot of adult humor and movie homages (Castaway, The Crucible, etc) in their show to give the adults a decent chuckle now and then, to make the kiddie stuff tolerable. I knew going in the action was going to be light, but I was hoping for at least some funny moments. Watching some of the shorts included on the disc, makes me wonder how this stuff sells at Target. Kids must be buying the general "character" and not the one on the show.

Since the DC Super Hero Girls line was created to attract young girls to the DC female superhero franchise, which includes action figures and dolls...

DCsuperHeroGirls.jpg

...the theme and stories are most probably geared toward a much younger audience so as not to overwhelm them with massive fight scenes or even potential threats of death. At least it provided a soundtrack to get them off the couch though.

I've seen the dolls in Toys R Us... that's what made me think it's a little bit Barbie.

Now... the episode where Supergirl tries to fit in at school is showing right now! Is this the same episode as on the DVD? Starts with Wonder Woman fighting Killer Croc.

Now... the episode where Supergirl tries to fit in at school is showing right now! Is this the same episode as on the DVD? Starts with Wonder Woman fighting Killer Croc.

There was the 45-48 minute special which I believe is probably what is released on disc. Then there were the 2 minute episodes released beforehand to introduce the young characters that were posted in the CG thread (I think there were 14 I posted).

My 4 year old daughter and I are currently enjoying this episode of DC Superhero Girls (thumbs u
There are a lot of decent moments in the movie to not totally classify it as juvenile dribble. I felt the Supergirl parts were great involving the loss of her parents, Bumblebee was a nicely created character (new to me,) Wonder Woman was good for take charge action and the Dean Cain/Helen Slater voice combo as the Kents was inspired.

DCsuperHeroGirls.jpg

I've seen the dolls in Toys R Us... that's what made me think it's a little bit Barbie.

That version of Supergirl is going to be released as a Hallmark Keepsake Christmas ornament in October, so I'll probably pick one up.

DCsuperHeroGirls.jpg

That version of Supergirl is going to be released as a Hallmark Keepsake Christmas ornament in October, so I'll probably pick one up.

I'm considering buying my daughter the 12" doll... the only problem is persuading myself to let her take it out the box ;)

"No Sweetie, just leave her in the box and look at her on your bookshelf. She may be worth something one day..."

"Principal Waller" lol

Does she deal with loose ends in the same way as the Suicide Squad Waller...? ;)

The misbehaving and truent students are dealt with off-screen. :eek:

So that's why she has Boom tubes... hm

It's astounding how much of the DC universe they crammed into that High School! My daughter asked "where's Batman & Superman?" ... They must be the only things missing from it!

Possible Upcoming DC Animated Universe Movies

Warner Bros. has stuck pretty much solely to Batman and Justice League related animated features in recent years, but it seems as if the success of Batman: The Killing Joke and the recently released Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders may have opened the door to some slightly riskier ventures from the studio. That's according to WGTC as they're reporting that moviegoers who paid to see the studio's latest animated release earlier this week were handed a very interesting survey.

On that, they were presented with a list of possible upcoming releases and asked how interested they would be in each of them. That's clearly a way of guaging interest in the movies by Warner Bros.

Among those mentioned were a Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover, a Wonder Woman '77 movie (presumably with Lynda Carter voicing the titular hero), and Swamp-Thing, a character who will soon get the spotlight in the Justice League Dark animated feature.

Some interesting options for animated movies. Especially since Batman Return of the Caped Crusader opened the door for the old Woman Woman show.

:wishluck:

iTunes has "almost" the entire D.C. Universe animated movies on sale for $99.99

DCU: Batman and Harley Quinn

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

Justice League: Dark

Batman: The Killing Joke

Justice League vs. Teen Titans

Batman: Bad Blood

Justice League: Gods and Monsters

Batman vs. Robin

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis

Batman: Assault On Arkham

Son of Batman

Justice League: War

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

Superman: Unbound

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Deluxe Edition)

Superman vs. The Elite

Justice League: Doom

Batman: Year One

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

All-Star Superman

Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Batman: Under the Red Hood

Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

The Green Lantern: First Flight

Wonder Women