• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Possibly over $2k......

Too many hitting the market at once now. The "9.6", the yellow label and the fact that it is foreign will keep some buyers away. A boardie didn't sell a 9.8 for $1200.

I'm going to say $500-$600.

-J.

I understand your feeling. Each time I see a yellow label I think: 'that's one blue label less...' I like the Scott Campbell signature, but IMHO some of the others just ruin the covers.

But to be honest, I don't understand the preference of many for 9.8's. Sometimes I fall for this too. Hell, there was even a time I could hardly enjoy my ASM667 Del'Otto because it has a fine scratch in the blue at the back, which will probably reduce the grade from 9.8 to quite a bit less. And the stupid thing is that because the book is in a mylar L-sleeve, within a 2 mil mylar sleeve and fullback board, I never see this scratch at all!

But most of the time I look at my early ASM raw copies and I am really happy with them, even though they might only be an 8.5 or something. And besides, I have so often been disappointed with my 9.8's. Often they look worse than many 9.6 books I have. I feel the 9.0 and 9.2 grades should be combined, as well as the 9.4 and 9.6 grades should be eliminated. These days, I crack out the 9.8's I buy below $100, and because I do that I am now one of these people that prefer 9.6 books.

Sorry for this :signofftopic: contribution. To make up, once more my ASM667 Del'Otto. Wander what you think about the grade (although that is also something for another thread? :grin:

vy8m50.jpg

2ibz250.jpg

If memory serves I believe the light scratch is about midway down on the left edge of the back cover extending out vertically at a slight angle. The book is tough in a 9.8 due to that ridiculous dark blue/black back cover.

But that book found in any condition is a major (worship)

-J.

Indeed, major (worship)

If it were me, I'd sub it just to see what it gets. If it does come back a 9.8, GREAT! If not, you can always crack it out and display it like it is now. Or, you could have a big submitter like Joeypost and do a 9.8 prescreen under his account. He was able to let me sub 4 books 9.8 pre screen.

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Possibly over $2k......

Too many hitting the market at once now. The "9.6", the yellow label and the fact that it is foreign will keep some buyers away. A boardie didn't sell a 9.8 for $1200.

-J.

I'll have to respectfully disagree. Demand is very high for this book (still rising, it seems), and I've recently sold raw copies for more. Two recent 9.9 blue label sales have been between $2000 - $3000, and the 9.8 SS that you mentioned sold not far off the mark weeks ago. As Deadleg said, a 9.9 SS is listed for $5000. Then, there's the cover art (I don't think anyone buys this book to read it).

But, stranger things have happened. We'll just have to wait and see what the final price will be.

Possibly over $2k......

-J.

I'll have to respectfully disagree. Demand is very high for this book (still rising, it seems), and I've recently sold raw copies for more. Two recent 9.9 blue label sales have been between $2000 - $3000, and the 9.8 SS that you mentioned sold not far off the mark weeks ago. As Deadleg said, a 9.9 SS is listed for $5000. Then, there's the cover art (I don't think anyone buys this book to read it).

But, stranger things have happened. We'll just have to wait and see what the final price will be.

I see one actually closed public sale for a "high grade" copy at $455 (still a good amount) last week on eBay. (shrug)

But a signature on the book kind of defeats the purpose and appeal of the virgin cover IMO.

-J.

Possibly over $2k......

-J.

I see one actually closed public sale for a "high grade" copy at $455 (still a good amount) last week on eBay. (shrug)

But a signature on the book kind of defeats the purpose and appeal of the virgin cover IMO.

-J.

That was actually the lowest price from recent transactions (there were a few listings that turned into private sales).

The signature/virgin cover issue is all personal preference, just like the signature itself.

By the way... that's one hell of a signature you have. Nice collection!

Possibly over $2k......

-J.

-J.

That was actually the lowest price from recent transactions (there were a few listings that turned into private sales).

The signature/virgin cover issue is all personal preference, just like the signature itself.

By the way... that's one hell of a signature you have. Nice collection!

Thanks man. (thumbs u

-J.

Why are these so "rare". (shrug)

I would imagine because it was a 1:50 on a relatively low print run before X 23 was a thing.

-J.

I thought this cover was a 1:25?

Why are these so "rare". (shrug)

I would imagine because it was a 1:50 on a relatively low print run before X 23 was a thing.

-J.

I thought this cover was a 1:25?

Correct. (thumbs u

@Beamer: Nice copy man. Any idea how CGC labels those ?

-J.