• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

They are screening 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' near me in a park this Friday night . SO glad a new generation will see this ground braking film on large screen and with an audience. Chock full of moments of who's who in the animation world, many regard the scene where titans Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny share the screen for the first (and so far only)time as THE moment in the film.

Mickey-mouse-bugs-bunny-113_zpsoefbkdop.jpg

Of Course, runner ups are the Jessica Rabbit stage entrance scene, and the dueling Duck battle between Daffy and Donald (the only time these two have shared the screen also). Daffy pushed Donald's hair trigger temper in this one.

964534-draft_lens1960363module9273829photo_1209145008daffy_duck_donald_duck_zps39jj2u00.jpg

Edited by Sagii

Spent more than I wanted, but that's what you have to do when books like this come up for sale. And I've been on the hunt for a nice one for about 10 years.

BugsLF8.jpg

Spent more than I wanted, but that's what you have to do when books like this come up for sale. And I've been on the hunt for a nice one for about 10 years.

BugsLF8.jpg

WOW! Let the Church say Amen! :golfclap:(worship)

Yes, that is a tough book. As you have probably seen earlier in the thread I have 3.0 copy, and that took me years and cost a slight premium, but I had to have it. I believe Yellow Kid has a copy also. What a stunner yours is! Congrats over and over again. Thanks for posting!

Won this Wednesday on CC, picked it up today. Oh the perks of working just a few blocks down from Vinny and the boys. Been on the hunt for a nice one of these for a while. Missed a higher graded 'other slab co.' copy on HA recently, jumped on this one.

This certainly qualifies for a classic cover: Could you see a major cartoon mascot like Bugs in a piece smoking produced today? I could see this image on a t shirt being extremely popular with a certain crowd, though Bugs isn't smoking that :D ! Certainly deserves a break out in Overstreet, as well as a few other LTMM covers. The only image i would say one ups it is....yes....WDCS #13 because not only is Donald smoking, so are his nephews!!! and the word 'Midget' is on the cover to boot! One of my 'Duck guys' (ADJ, Robot-Man or Sqeegs)if you have a copy please post for contrast (even if it is a Looney Tunes thread :baiting: )

Looney%20Tunes%20amp%20Merrie%20Melodies%2049_zpsxtsgfkzx.jpg

Won this Wednesday on CC, picked it up today. Oh the perks of working just a few blocks down from Vinny and the boys. Been on the hunt for a nice one of these for a while. Missed a higher graded 'other slab co.' copy on HA recently, jumped on this one.

This certainly qualifies for a classic cover: Could you see a major cartoon mascot like Bugs in a piece smoking produced today? I could see this image on a t shirt being extremely popular with a certain crowd, though Bugs isn't smoking that :D ! Certainly deserves a break out in Overstreet, as well as a few other LTMM covers. The only image i would say one ups it is....yes....WDCS #13 because not only is Donald smoking, so are his nephews!!! and the word 'Midget' is on the cover to boot! One of my 'Duck guys' (ADJ, Robot-Man or Sqeegs)if you have a copy please post for contrast (even if it is a Looney Tunes thread :baiting: )

Great book Corey!

Who is this ADJ of whom you speak? As it happens, I have one too... ;)

wdcs_013.jpg

Great book Corey!

Who is this ADJ of whom you speak? As it happens, I have one too... ;)

wdcs_013.jpg

lol Sorry Andrew buddy, (typo). :foryou: Thanks for the compliment and posting said Duck book (think i gotta have that one too one day) hm

Straight from the storied 'Junk Pile' in California and into my personal collection are these 1940's and 50's Bugs Bunny/ Looney Tunes Pieces. What started out as a transaction for one subscription pin turned into a bigger haul. Iv'e relegated only group shots for this Thread, but will post more pics and decriptions of whats what for those interested in my Sagii Tapes Journal, because hey, it's my Joural! :D

Robot Man, thanks a million, these are so at home among my other 'Looney Toonary' (yeah, i just coined that). I also learned a thing or two about some of the pieces. You rule (thumbs u

IMG_2435_zpsptxe0a9j.jpg

IMG_2419_zpslytkwjjp.jpg

It's about time Robot Man contributed something around here...

Congrats on the new cool stuff!

Straight from the storied 'Junk Pile' in California and into my personal collection are these 1940's and 50's Bugs Bunny/ Looney Tunes Pieces. What started out as a transaction for one subscription pin turned into a bigger haul. Iv'e relegated only group shots for this Thread, but will post more pics and decriptions of whats what for those interested in my Sagii Tapes Journal, because hey, it's my Joural! :D

Robot Man, thanks a million, these are so at home among my other 'Looney Toonary' (yeah, i just coined that). I also learned a thing or two about some of the pieces. You rule (thumbs u

IMG_2435_zpsptxe0a9j.jpg

IMG_2419_zpslytkwjjp.jpg

Thanks for your purchase Corey. It's a real business doing pleasure with you!

OK Corey. Some you have, some you dont...

bugsbunnypremiums_zpsphsn7k9w.jpg

WOW These are GEMS! :applause::applause: sensational! I'm about to snag an example of the watch soon. The variant Crippled Children pin is killer! And if/when the day comes, the stuff I don't have.... :takeit:

Background info on the early LT pin, the Bugs Kiddie Kartoon Klub, and Porky pieces please... :popcorn:

The Looney Tnes club is from the late 1920's and features Bosco an early animation character. The Bugs Kartoon Club is probably a movie theatre giveaway button from the 1950's. I bought it in Portland Antique Expo in OR. Only one I've seen. The Porky pins are from late 1940's / early 1950's. He was used as a mascot for the LA County Fair. I run into this stuff once in a while because it is local to here.

Found at a local bookstore today. The 2nd all-Comic Bugs Bunny BLB I have, not sure exactly where the comics are from but I strongly suspect from BB four-colors.

BB_BLB_1440_zpsk69odrbd.jpg

Always a good day when you wake up to find one of your favorite Threads :bump:

Good one Eric. These sport some great covers too. :applause: