• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OAFCON -- TBA 2017
2 2

35 posts in this topic

Starts today!

Had a blast at OAFCON this past weekend. Didn't sell many of my own books, but did sell a couple of nice slabs and sold 5 long boxes of old Classics Illustrateds, Dells and Gold Keys on consignment. Got to see a bunch of my fellow comic geeks, both collectors and dealers, and met a few new people too. Anthony Tollin, a colorist for DC back in the 70s and 80s, was gracious enough to sign 5 various DC comics for me that he had worked on. Also picked up a bunch of Adam Hughes cover books, 5 new J Scott Campbell cover books and got to see a lot of nice old Golden Age books including some early Caps. Plus Steve Borock paid us a visit for the weekend. Good times. :)

According to their FaceBook page the 2017 dates should be announced soon. I'm hoping to finally make it. With Alamo City moved out of October this year I like my chances.

Well, it's about frigging time! :sumo::grin:

10 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

Hi Guys,

Can you verify that dates for 2017 are October 21-22?  I need to make plans to fly and find accommodations.  My friends from East Oklahoma also want to come.

Thanks.

It is Oct. 21-22.  I just verified the dates by looking at Bart's OAFCON 2017 Facebook page.

1 minute ago, Shark said:

It is Oct. 21-22.  I just verified the dates by looking at Bart's OAFCON 2017 Facebook page.

Thanks Steve! :hi: I am a troglodyte that does not do Facebook.

I will plan to attend with my friend Jeff and his son William from East Oklahoma.