• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,230 posts in this topic

My small Planet family to date;

000_0003_zps5pieiovb.jpg

Beautiful group shot. I also appreciate you posting interiors of you acquisitions. Sometimes people forget the insides are just as cool as covers (thumbs u

My small Planet family to date;

000_0003_zps5pieiovb.jpg

Beautiful group shot. I also appreciate you posting interiors of you acquisitions. Sometimes people forget the insides are just as cool as covers (thumbs u

Thank you.

I try to do that because I think the same as you. The insides are what make the book for those of us that read them, also I know some people may just be 'slabsters' and never have an interest in reading them. This at least reminds them what the books are really about, or were about when they were first published and collecting for investment was never even heard of.

The only issue of planet I own. Though the cover and insides don't match, I got the cover around the wrong insides at some flea market 20 years ago and then the insides in a stack of coverless books years later, so I am not sure what issue the insides are from.

planet1.jpg

planet2.jpg

planet3.jpg

planet4.jpg

Got this in my hands yesterday so thought I would throw up a few more pics. So happy to finally get this book.

IMG_20160825_1917492_zpsjxsnfxsw.jpg

IMG_20160825_1917562_zpsigf7xplv.jpg

IMG_20160825_1918102_zpst4eurs3q.jpg

Congrats on that. Don't see that come up often. (thumbs u

Congrats Jason. Nice presenting 3.0

It is a very hard book to find, and if you do find it for sale it almost always has a form of brittle pages.

I have only seen 2 copies of this book for sale in the last 5 years that didn't have brittleness: the CGC 7.5 that sold earlier this year and my 1.5 off white pages. I still debate/ ponder whether I should have the book leaf cast and attached to my book or even fully restore. I think if I did get it restored it would result in a rather visually appealing copy as the central mass of the cover is very good. Since it is already a married cover and a green qualified label, it isn't like I am taking a blue label book and changing it to a purple.

The advice I get is predominately "leave it in a mylar and enjoy it" and so far that is what I have done.

PlanetComics15cgc15_zpsdf32b738.jpg

Cover%20Split_zpsotrxtlbf.jpg

The only issue of planet I own. Though the cover and insides don't match, I got the cover around the wrong insides at some flea market 20 years ago and then the insides in a stack of coverless books years later, so I am not sure what issue the insides are from.

planet1.jpg

planet2.jpg

The interior is from Planet 39.

image_zpshqvu3ib5.jpeg

image_zpsqqmlovqx.jpeg

These two from a fellow boardie, who is fairly active on this thread. They fill a few of the rare missing numbers in the later books for me.

I love 'em :luhv:

They are canny books Rick.