• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battle Chasers...huh?
1 1

23 posts in this topic

Why are there issues of this selling for hundreds? I had the full set of this back in the day with all the stupid variants, and eventually sold it all for peanuts when the series went nowhere.

boobs_zpse3hv2e4h.gif

Ahhh, this title.

The 1st time I ever ventured into the taboo 2nd prints. I just loved that #1 with the black frame.

Another 1st - The Chrome #1 was the most I'd paid for a modern by far. Even by today's standards, that was a lot.

If it can be decent, I'll pick it up.

Patrick

It's coming back in both comic & video game format. Apparently Joe Mad has been Kickstarter-ing it for a little while now.

I remember reading something about that....but that was at least one year ago...... zzz

I have seen at multiple cons that Joe and Battle Chasers are still a big draw. In NYCC the last several years he has sold several thousand prints at between $10 to $20 a pop easily, and his singing line is usually long.

Ahhh, this title.

The 1st time I ever ventured into the taboo 2nd prints. I just loved that #1 with the black frame.

Another 1st - The Chrome #1 was the most I'd paid for a modern by far. Even by today's standards, that was a lot.

If it can be decent, I'll pick it up.

Patrick

Yes, I remember that chromium cover well, it was one of my favourite covers of the 90's. But the series was such a big let-down, nothing will make me return to it.

I know there was a video game coming out (or already came out?), but I haven't noticed any big jump lately... still haven't picked up a regular 1st issue. I have noticed that the Campbell cover for 7 sells for a little bit, and the prelude with the shiny logo sells okay.

Frank Frazetta Illustrated #2 Joe Mad BattleChasers variant cover not an easy find in NM condition in the wild too.it together with the prelude from AOU serves as the 1st app of BC since they came out around the same time and the prelude is a mail in offer only.