• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Such a distinctive cover :applause:

It's a weird one. They took panels from Wolverton's story Nightmare World in the previous issue, and some other artist drew the woman in the foreground.

I remember that but the winning ticket is the way the sky is handled for me. That's much different than most cover circa that time period.

It's a weird one. They took panels from Wolverton's story Nightmare World in the previous issue, and some other artist drew the woman in the foreground.

I remember that but the winning ticket is the way the sky is handled for me. That's much different than most cover circa that time period.

The line work? I really like that too, it's on the third issue as well.

A Wolverton trade mark. He created so much atmosphere with those background lines.

A Wolverton trade mark. He created so much atmosphere with those background lines.

His OA is really something to see. A lot of fine, fine lines on those pages.

Too bad there's none of his PCH original stuff around! (At least that I've ever seen.) I have seen a couple Spacehawk pages and they were mind-blowing.

Almost like a wood cut engraving... (thumbs u

Too bad there's none of his PCH original stuff around! (At least that I've ever seen.) I have seen a couple Spacehawk pages and they were mind-blowing.

He also used it on 2 for the sky, as well as for the sides of the buildings. Such a great style. I like the way he uses an almost cross hatching style to create texture on his creatures, especially on the 5, which is my favourite cover in the run.

WTOF2cgc7%200BedR_zpsnfzyodjt.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

He also used it on 2 for the sky, as well as for the sides of the buildings. Such a great style. I like the way he uses an almost cross hatching style to create texture on his creatures, especially on the 5, which is my favourite cover in the run.

WTOF2cgc7%200BedR_zpsnfzyodjt.jpg

awesome book!

Almost like a wood cut engraving... (thumbs u

Actually, the "wood cut" style is attributed more to Matt Fox.