• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

WolfCop lol

It's been on Film Four a few times. Decent B-movie.

I'll take your word for it, Ken... and keep a look out for it on Film Four.

It was one one of those movies you watch only once. The opening scenes were the best, but by the end you'll need a crane to maintain your suspension of disbelief.

This is from someone who would give four stars to the werewolf movie "Ginger Snaps," and three and a half out of four to "Dog Soldiers."

WolfCop lol

It'll be a fairly effective way to switch your brain off, late one night.

WolfCop lol

It'll be a fairly effective way to switch your brain off, late one night.

You sold it (thumbs u

Gal Gadot Reveals New Behind-The-Scenes Photo From Batman v Superman

Gal Gadot has released a "Throwback Thursday" photo today, and it's a behind-the-scenes snap of her, grinning ear-to-ear, on the set of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

This is from the scene in which the Batwing crash-landed and Batman, who is struggling to get out of the cockpit, is about to be vaporized by Doomsday. Wonder Woman makes her first appearance in her superhero costume and rescues The Dark Knight by deflecting Doomsday's heat-vision with her shield.

YNyYwUS.png

I just saw this one this week. Overall, I enjoyed it. Definitely went in thinking it would be terrible based on the reviews that were absolutely everywhere. The probably helped temper my expectations.

I loved the Batman combat sequences, especially the warehouse sequence near the end. It was like a live-action version of some of the challenge maps from the Arkham games (Asylum/City/Origins). Like when he blasted his way through the floor...he grappled so quickly that he was above everyone when they were looking down into the hole in the floor looking for him. He disabled their guns and did at least one through-the-wall takedown. Like it was ripped straight from the games. Fun to see.

I had no problems with Affleck as Batman. My biggest Batman-related question revolved around how well-documented are Batman's activities in this movie? Several things indicate that Batman has be doing his thing for many years by this point, but it seemed like the general public was pretty unaware of who or what Batman was. I believe he's only called "Batman" once and that's by Perry who seems to just be coming up with a name on the fly. In other incarnations, the existence of Batman is well-known by the public after his first few heroic excursions. Is he still just a rumor to the public at large in this universe?

I had no strong opinions about Gal's Wonder Woman. She was fine. The performance didn't detract at all from the movie, but given her limited exposure in the movie, it seems like the role could have been played by any number of actresses and it would have been largely the same. I hope she can really make the role her own in her solo movie.

Me and the wife just saw this today. Wow...bad beyond belief.

Liked the new Wonder Woman...thought Affleck was decent enough as Batman. The plot / story was a big bunch of poop.

As many problems as I had with Civil War...at least that movie was fun.

Liked the new Wonder Woman...thought Affleck was decent enough as Batman. The plot / story was a big bunch of poop.

I loved BvS

I loved BvS

Why? (shrug)

Was it the fight scenes?

It can't have been the paper thin plot, poor motivations and poor characterizations...right?

I rated the theatrical a 2/5 but the UE is easily a 4/5 for me. I felt it was almost an entirely different film. I really hope Suicide Squad gets a UE.

I find this practice in general to be really lame and a rip off to the people paying good money to see this stuff in the theater. 2c

I loved BvS

Why? (shrug)

Was it the fight scenes?

It can't have been the paper thin plot, poor motivations and poor characterizations...right?

It all boils down to personal opinion. Some loved it, some hated it, some thought it wasn't bad but could've been better. Looking at the varied opinions in this thread, it would be difficult to create a benchmark for why people love or hate this movie.

For example...

The viewers who found the plot too difficult to follow probably wouldn't describe it as paper thin.

Batman's motivation was basic human overreaction. Superman's motivation was to do the right thing. When compared to what motivates a guy to put on a robotic goblin suit and fly around on a hover board, it doesn't seem quite so poor.

The characterisations fit with the tone of the movie. There's deviation from the comic books, however this isn't a true comic book adaptation. The Nolan trilogy was awesome but I doubt anyone would see Bale's Batman as the definitive comic book version.

As I said, it's all just down to personal opinion...

Oh and the warehouse fight scene was superb (thumbs u

I loved BvS

Why? (shrug)

Was it the fight scenes?

It all boils down to personal opinion. Some loved it, some hated it, some thought it wasn't bad but could've been better. Looking at the varied opinions in this thread, it would be difficult to create a benchmark for why people love or hate this movie.

For example...

The viewers who found the plot too difficult to follow probably wouldn't describe it as paper thin.

Batman's motivation was basic human overreaction. Superman's motivation was to do the right thing. When compared to what motivates a guy to put on a robotic goblin suit and fly around on a hover board, it doesn't seem quite so poor.

The characterisations fit with the tone of the movie. There's deviation from the comic books, however this isn't a true comic book adaptation. The Nolan trilogy was awesome but I doubt anyone would see Bale's Batman as the definitive comic book version.

As I said, it's all just down to personal opinion...

Oh and the warehouse fight scene was superb (thumbs u

Actually...

:)

With the BvS poll, part of what was asked is what worked and didn't work for folks. Though that was based on the Theatrical Cut. Opinions may differ after viewing the Ultimate Cut.

99EKYzx.png

And when it comes to the general reaction to the film across 195 forumites, the more frequent score was 8.0/10.0 overall.

Up to 195 votes, with a new 1.0, 5.0 and 7.0 score.

1MBV7WT.png

lol

Thanks but I'll stick to my guns (thumbs u:foryou:

Looking at those results, the majority opinion on Batfleck (for example) was positive. However we know his portrayal of Batman has divided opinion more than "137 to 15".

However, maybe I'd agree that we can benchmark Lex Luthor's portrayal ;)

I rated the theatrical a 2/5 but the UE is easily a 4/5 for me. I felt it was almost an entirely different film. I really hope Suicide Squad gets a UE.

I find this practice in general to be really lame and a rip off to the people paying good money to see this stuff in the theater. 2c

I totally agree. I hope it doesn't become a trend but if it actually improves the film, which I thought it did in the case of BvS, then I can see DC doing it more with the films they release that get bad reviews from critics.