• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite model kits based on comic book characters
2 2

129 posts in this topic

Wonder Woman - Batman v. Superman 1:8 RESIN kit

This is a PREORDER RESERVATION and it is expected in mid to late 2016. Please see the Preorder instructions on the Preorder tab..

Retail price $149.95.

YOUR PRICE $124.95

Resin kit of Wonder Woman from Batman v. Superman. This model is about 10 inches tall when assembled. Designed to be displayed with Batman and Superman. Based on the digital effects files from the movie.

PQ5DP9f.png

:cloud9:

Batman v. Superman Batmobile DISPLAY model - SDCC exclusive from Moebius Models

San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive. Moeibus Models produced this prebuilt display model of the Batmobile from Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. This model comes in an exclusive display package. Limited numbers

Your Price: $89.95

Retail Price:$99.95

Your Savings:$10.00(10%)

nNu5bKb.png

Krypto the Superdog - 60th Anniversary Display model from Moebius Models

This will be shipping the week of Sept 1.

Moebius Models exclusive for the San Diego Comic Con 2015. This is a prepainted display model in a special commemorative packaging. The model stands about 5 inches tall on the base. The packaging is 9 inches tall. Includes a Krypto shopping bag and dog tag! Limited edition.

Your Price: $59.95

Part Number:Moeb-2478

mIQe7RG.png

8tp0MXI.png

Couldn't help but order this once I saw it.

SDCC Catwoman Display Model 1:18 from Moebius Models

This is a beautiful prepainted display model with deluxe packaging. It was a limited edition, available at the 2014 San Diego Comic Con. Limited to 1000 pieces. 1:18 scale.

our Price:

On sale$39.00

Retail Price:$59.95

Your Savings:$20.95(35%)

IrAEuYw.png

4gujJPT.png

I was up in mom's garage a few months ago (that sounds so cliche), and came across an old Horizon Dr Doom kit that I had probably forgot I had shortly after buying it.

I remember building the old Horizon Thing (FF) kit and painting it about 5 times trying to get it just right.

I was up in mom's garage a few months ago (that sounds so cliche), and came across an old Horizon Dr Doom kit that I had probably forgot I had shortly after buying it.

I remember building the old Horizon Thing (FF) kit and painting it about 5 times trying to get it just right.

I'm not seeing pictures.

:baiting:

Couldn't help but order this once I saw it.

SDCC Catwoman Display Model 1:18 from Moebius Models

This is a beautiful prepainted display model with deluxe packaging. It was a limited edition, available at the 2014 San Diego Comic Con. Limited to 1000 pieces. 1:18 scale.

our Price:

On sale$39.00

Retail Price:$59.95

Your Savings:$20.95(35%)

IrAEuYw.png

4gujJPT.png

Catwoman arrived today. It is definitely a very details pre-assembled kit.

JH93Nlj.png

They did a snow effect on the surrounding plastic screen like the scenes in the movie. And the Dark Knight Trilogy emblem looks really nice on the display stand. Though it is cardboard, and slightly bent. I wouldn't mind learning how to make a wooden base myself to make it really sharp.

Bumping another old thread here...

Anyone know if these couple figures are from the 1960's Phantom Revell model kit? A local shop got a miscellaneous box of parts in and I am trying to help him figure out if this is old or a reproduction. It is painted very well but I cannot seem to find any photos of this old model kit where the voodoo doctor has a dagger in his left hand. There are also some like background or extra jungle type scenery pieces with it. Any help or thoughts or knowledge is much appreciated :)

PhantomFig.jpeg

27 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Bumping another old thread here...

Anyone know if these couple figures are from the 1960's Phantom Revell model kit? A local shop got a miscellaneous box of parts in and I am trying to help him figure out if this is old or a reproduction. It is painted very well but I cannot seem to find any photos of this old model kit where the voodoo doctor has a dagger in his left hand. There are also some like background or extra jungle type scenery pieces with it. Any help or thoughts or knowledge is much appreciated :)

PhantomFig.jpeg

I don’t have info on that specific kit but I know that those Aurora figure kits usually had a base piece that would have the copyright statement on the underside. That would tell you if it’s a Monogram/Polar Lights reissue. If it’s missing the base piece then it would take expertises beyond my knowledge to determine if it was a reissue. 

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I don’t have info on that specific kit but I know that those Aurora figure kits usually had a base piece that would have the copyright statement on the underside. That would tell you if it’s a Monogram/Polar Lights reissue. If it’s missing the base piece then it would take expertises beyond my knowledge to determine if it was a reissue. 

Thanks, I will take a look. The pieces came in a box with other older kits from the mid 60s into the 70s but that def helps, I will see if the base pieces are in there.

11 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Thanks, I will take a look. The pieces came in a box with other older kits from the mid 60s into the 70s but that def helps, I will see if the base pieces are in there.

I just wanted to add that someone did a very nice job painting that kit up. Even if it was a reissue it would make a nice display piece. 

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

I'll page @Bosco685 as you seem like someone who has the potential info.

Also, no dagger in hand that is just the plastic bag it is in that makes it appear that way. Photo trickery!

The Phantom. Wow! That is a cool kit.

Let me check Cult TV Man's model website as he maintains an inventory of older kits in addition to selling new kits.

45 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The Phantom. Wow! That is a cool kit.

Let me check Cult TV Man's model website as he maintains an inventory of older kits in addition to selling new kits.

I bought it.

It says 1965 on the base plates for the figures. And those extra pieces in the bag were from the 1963 Hunchback Aurora figure. It’s all there in pieces without the base which is too bad but the Phantom figure is original paint and all there.

I will post pics later.