• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,442 posts in this topic

This thread is WONDERFUL!! The earliest comic I possess is Atom Age, but I aspire to one day own some Golden Age goodness.

I guess, what I'm trying to say, is .. THANK YOU, everyone for posting your awesome GA comics!

You guys and gals definitely give me something to aspire too

Really happy to get this one. It's my first new cgc holder and I'm impressed with the clarity big time.Much improved. I'll still probably crack it out though... I'm dying to see those white pages!!!

lf_zpsl1hq6sd2.jpg

Atsa Beauty Russ! (thumbs u

There are some books that when I see them, I don't think "whether," I think "how much"?

lf_zpsebvrm5wg.jpg

Love it!!! If you ever see a #3 in the same grade please think "Richard needs that".

There are some books that when I see them, I don't think "whether," I think "how much"?

lf_zpsebvrm5wg.jpg

Love it!!! If you ever see a #3 in the same grade please think "Richard needs that".

Absolutely!

Provided I come across two copies! :D

Not quite "Golden Age", as it’s borderline being from 1948 (and italian "ages" do not coincide with the conventional american classification, as in each "comics-literate" country is tied to that country’s own culture), but this is a favorite of mine (with lots of illustrations from one of my most loved authors of the 1930s-40s) and I have been wanting a nice copy for some time, and finally found one at a price which prompted me to buy!

Just to reply with some animal vibe to Sqeggs, but these are 100% italian ones! :D

P.S. Please note the nice touch of the author's signature "hidden" in the mice tail.

SLXKN29h.jpg

Really happy to get this one. It's my first new cgc holder and I'm impressed with the clarity big time.Much improved. I'll still probably crack it out though... I'm dying to see those white pages!!!

lf_zpsl1hq6sd2.jpg

Atsa Beauty Russ! (thumbs u

Thanks Richard.

The mailman made my day yesterday. I finally got a book I have always loved from afar. I never could find the right copy at the right price at the right time. Now, practically nobody collects this title or character anymore. I do have some of these issues as well as some "stuff" from this character. Never a primary focus. But this cover has always made me drool. I love the colors, the composition and drama and subject matter. To me, it is one of the most beautiful of the Gplden Age covers. Not big bucks or high demand, but just one I HAD to eventually find. Here is is. Hope 'yall love it too.

comtiptop52_zpsqsdimfew.jpg

The mailman made my day yesterday. I finally got a book I have always loved from afar. I never could find the right copy at the right price at the right time. Now, practically nobody collects this title or character anymore. I do have some of these issues as well as some "stuff" from this character. Never a primary focus. But this cover has always made me drool. I love the colors, the composition and drama and subject matter. To me, it is one of the most beautiful of the Gplden Age covers. Not big bucks or high demand, but just one I HAD to eventually find. Here is is. Hope 'yall love it too.

Wow. What a great cover and awesome looking copy too.

Amazing underwater cover there RM, congrats! Sometimes there are just certain 'non fanfare' books that call to us. BTW, the mail man just made my day 10 mins ago with a package straight from a certain west coast 'junk pile'. Stay 'Tuned'. :D

Not quite "Golden Age", as it’s borderline being from 1948 (and italian "ages" do not coincide with the conventional american classification, as in each "comics-literate" country is tied to that country’s own culture), but this is a favorite of mine (with lots of illustrations from one of my most loved authors of the 1930s-40s) and I have been wanting a nice copy for some time, and finally found one at a price which prompted me to buy!

Just to reply with some animal vibe to Sqeggs, but these are 100% italian ones! :D

P.S. Please note the nice touch of the author's signature "hidden" in the mice tail.

SLXKN29h.jpg

Very cool!

SLXKN29h.jpg

Very cool!

Very glad you like it. I totally love this author, which now in Italy is basically forgotten, with all the importance he has had between the 1930s and the 1950s. :)

The dog character with the trombone is actually the police chief of the town. The characters are a uniquely italian Zoo of animals, very different from the Disney ones and at the same time with a common idea behind them.

Amazing underwater cover there RM, congrats! Sometimes there are just certain 'non fanfare' books that call to us. BTW, the mail man just made my day 10 mins ago with a package straight from a certain west coast 'junk pile'. Stay 'Tuned'. :D

Indeed! This Tarzan cover is awesome!