• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

Alright, to make a long story short. A guy wins my Out of the Shadows Auction last Sunday night. He doesn't pay until late Tuesday, which is very reasonable. The next day I have to go for a heart biopsy/catharization. When I get home and log on to the internet, this is the message I see:

New message from: bowen-barry (65Blue Star)

>>Why is the eBay website showing economy shipping?already talked to eBay and they said if you told me priority mail in your communication with me then it had better be shipped priority mail. If I don't have the book by Monday I am going to raise total hell with EBay<<

I respond thusly:

I sent it priority mail! If you would have bothered to look on the USPS website, you would see the following:

Tracking Number: 9505514378166231010034

Image of a progress bar displaying in-transit status

in-transit

Expected Delivery Day: Saturday, August 20, 2016

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

Priority Mail 2-Day™

Features:

Insured

USPS Tracking®

Date & Time

Status of Item

August 18, 2016 , 6:48 pm

Departed Post Office

AMBLER, PA 19002

Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on August 18, 2016 at 6:48 pm in AMBLER, PA 19002.

August 18, 2016 , 1:54 pm

Acceptance

AMBLER, PA 19002 <<

His response(and he did not pay early Tuesday, it was evening):

bowen-barry

I paid early Tuesday morning get the book shipped like you said I paid $432 you expect payment within 3 days then I expect shipment as soon as payment is made

My response:

New message to: bowen-barry

If you look at my auctions, I list a 3 day handling fee. That's because I'm not a professional dealer and sometimes my health makes it impossible for me to ship something the moment I get paid. But I always get the book out within a reasonable time. You'll have the book Saturday. That's more than reasonable. I've never had any other complaints from anyone. I'll let my excellent feedback speak for itself. 17 years with not one negative.

No response to that. Today I get this:

Sorry everything is fine I just jind of expect for that price of a book for it to be shipped immediately the other books i got lately i got two days after payment and that was coming from California the book is here I just know the post office wont answer their side door so I will have to wait untjl Monday for it

So, all's well that ends well. But I'm inclined to leave him on my banned user list because who needs the grief?

bowen-barry - blocked 'em, no one has time for that nonsensical, hyper-critical behavior. Sounds like he even bothers the postal workers.

:lol:

This stood out to me:

I just know the post office wont answer their side door so I will have to wait untjl Monday for it

The postal workers were probably hiding!

>>Why is the eBay website showing economy shipping?already talked to eBay and they said if you told me priority mail in your communication with me then it had better be shipped priority mail. If I don't have the book by Monday I am going to raise total hell with EBay<<

bowen-barry

I paid early Tuesday morning get the book shipped like you said I paid $432 you expect payment within 3 days then I expect shipment as soon as payment is made

My 8,000 Post :headbang:

Anyway, This might be a first

I get a phone call from someone who I have blocked and left me a Negative Feedback (It was removed by Ebay)

Asked me "Why Am I Restricted from buying?"

I do have my notes and found out why? I didn't beat around the bush and told him you left me a negative feedback and I simply blocked you

As I am going on explaining why I shouldn't deal with him, He kept apologizing for doing that, It did sound sincere.

So I forgave him and unblocked him

Just curious, what would all of you do? (shrug)

Sorry everything is fine I just jind of expect for that price of a book for it to be shipped immediately the other books i got lately i got two days after payment and that was coming from California the book is here I just know the post office wont answer their side door so I will have to wait untjl Monday for it

So, all's well that ends well. But I'm inclined to leave him on my banned user list because who needs the grief?

Wait, you sell comics, but don't actually live in a Post Office? Well, that's your problem right there.

Wait, you sell comics, but don't actually live in a Post Office? Well, that's your problem right there.

that's an absolute superblock. If people follow the terms of the agreement, there should be no complaints, or even communication really, other than maybe a polite note to pack securely.

That buyer is completely bent.....not worth the hassle at all....

My 8,000 Post :headbang:

Anyway, This might be a first

I get a phone call from someone who I have blocked and left me a Negative Feedback (It was removed by Ebay)

Asked me "Why Am I Restricted from buying?"

I do have my notes and found out why? I didn't beat around the bush and told him you left me a negative feedback and I simply blocked you

As I am going on explaining why I shouldn't deal with him, He kept apologizing for doing that, It did sound sincere.

So I forgave him and unblocked him

Just curious, what would all of you do? (shrug)

Depends on what he originally did to get blocked.

That buyer is completely bent.....not worth the hassle at all....

Yeah, but now he left me good feedback and I feel sort of bad. But maybe he'll think twice before he harasses someone else like that. Needless to say, I won't be giving him any feedback since eBay allows only positives for sellers.

Wonder if I overreacted on this one. Had a high bidder on a CGC 9.8 WD weekly 2. Not a big dollar book. He messages me a few days ago asking if I ship in a box for protection. I reply in the affirmative adding with lots of bubble wrap. No harm and appreciate those questions.

Tonight I get another message from him simply stating:

"Read or unread?"

At first I was just going to reply unknown as it's not from my collection. Then I was thinking its a CGC 9.8 WP does it really matter? Something just didn't sit right with me with a question like this.

I simply cancelled his bids and blocked him. I feel a little bad but will get over it.

Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

(Not going to list his ID at this point)

It may be that he has a preference for unread copies and a) had it been a copy from your personal collection and b) you could then say for a certainty that it was in fact unread he may have bid more aggressively for it.

In a way, it could be analogous to someone asking if a book has been pressed.