• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Mile High books always seem to cost significantly more than non-Mile High books. What kind of premium do you usually add for a Pedigree other than Mile High?
sometimes 1.5-4x....sometimes 10% ....sometimes nothing. Depends on ped

Where would you say Rockford fits into that?

not much these days

:sorry:

Rick,

I know you are a dealer, a friend to many here on the Boards, and an all-round good guy, so I am so happy your box "found" it's way back to you. But I have a question, with all the key books you obtain and help people fill their want lists with, I can't remember seeing any of your personal collection displayed here ...

Do you have a special Gator-only stash of key books for you and you only that never changes hands ?

curious FISH

he has an impressive run of funny stuff he's willed to be in the casket with him.

Thread is now "Ask Straw-Man" ? (shrug)

Edited by fishbone

Rick,

I know you are a dealer, a friend to many here on the Boards, and an all-round good guy, so I am so happy your box "found" it's way back to you. But I have a question, with all the key books you obtain and help people fill their want lists with, I can't remember seeing any of your personal collection displayed here ...

Do you have a special Gator-only stash of key books for you and you only that never changes hands ?

curious FISH

he has an impressive run of funny stuff he's willed to be in the casket with him.

over the years I have accumulated some nice examples of all the superhero books I love, that haven't changed hands since acquiring (many for 10+ years)...

the one book (s) I own, that I've never sold a copy of , is Whiz 22...

and I have 232 of the 233 centaurs that I only sell (this go around) if I upgrade

Rick,

curious FISH

Shovels do, or you think we'll need a Bobcat? hm

Rick,

curious FISH

over the years I have accumulated some nice examples of all the superhero books I love, that haven't changed hands since acquiring (many for 10+ years)...

the one book (s) I own, that I've never sold a copy of , is Whiz 22...

and I have 232 of the 233 centaurs that I only sell (this go around) if I upgrade

WHIZ 22 :banana:

Rick,

curious FISH

Yes. Yes it is.

There is no good reason for posting this here but...

c493600517256bd1990cc51cb4d35830f9815269.jpeg

That innocent drawing of CM by Beck reminded me of another "what if?" CC had been allowed to do more ERB work?

I'm not sure if this looks like what a violent version of Captain Marvel might appear as or what John Carter played by Fred Macmurray would have been.

Wonderful piece though.

Hey Rick,

After all the older collectors are gone, are there new crops of people going to show up to buy collections.

I ask, because I have been dabbling...again...in pre-codes and ,though I like them, when it is time to sell will there be anyone around who will buy them?

I have been in and out of collecting a few times because I wonder if most of the books I buy will end up having to be buried with me because I am not sure the next generation will see value/nostalgia in obtaining the books.

Are there younger generations coming to your store and buying older stuff?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.