• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

quick sort continues - through ~ 12 of the boxes - lots of decent low end filler - but some cool ones.

B8F090D1-69FB-42EA-AB8E-2777EF659C14.jpg

not high value - but entertaining

B1ECAD4E-4FDB-49BB-8FF5-A9669060779E.jpg

some ok bronze in there -

Nothing special since the NM 98 - but lots of small $2-10 books.

Never saw one with a tape before...

IMG_6108.jpg

That's really cool - I see its a series, know anything more about them?

I assume it adds to the story when you read the comic, or is it a separate tale?

I'm pretty sure it's just issue 1's audio portion, don't have a tape player so can't say for sure. I've never seen them with cassettes. But seen the MPI version by itself many times.

I have all 6 MPI issues sealed with audio tapes. They definitely did them for each of the 6 issues.

SupesMOS_MPI_set_zpsgcc4ydby.jpg

Never saw one with a tape before...

IMG_6108.jpg

That's really cool - I see its a series, know anything more about them?

I assume it adds to the story when you read the comic, or is it a separate tale?

I'm pretty sure it's just issue 1's audio portion, don't have a tape player so can't say for sure. I've never seen them with cassettes. But seen the MPI version by itself many times.

I have all 6 MPI issues sealed with audio tapes. They definitely did them for each of the 6 issues.

SupesMOS_MPI_set_zpsgcc4ydby.jpg

Interesting to see them in a different packaging than the one I got. Wonder how many were made and how many different variations hm

Haven't seen many of these so I really don't know. Yours looks like a vacuum formed plastic packaging - might have had a hangers tab but a bit of the top is gone. I would say there is strong possibility these were retailed on peg hook displays in specialty shops. Mine are in more of a cellophane grade bag with hanging tab perforation at the top of the bag. In case you can't tell from the photos, I have them in a poly bag with backing board to keep the weight of the audio tape from bending the comic.

Haven't seen many of these so I really don't know. Yours looks like a vacuum formed plastic packaging - might have had a hangers tab but a bit of the top is gone. I would say there is strong possibility these were retailed on peg hook displays in specialty shops. Mine are in more of a cellophane grade bag with hanging tab perforation at the top of the bag. In case you can't tell from the photos, I have them in a poly bag with backing board to keep the weight of the audio tape from bending the comic.

I had a couple of those ones in the vacuum formed packaging, I remember a KB Toy store by me had tons of those things well into mid 90s. I don't think they could give them away, they were always there collecting dust.

I've never had any luck when looking for comics or collectibles at antique stores. It's all old clothing, old furniture, and just plain old stuff. The few times I've even found comics they're 1990s junk piled haphazardly (without bags or boards) and in lousy condition. Occasionally I see trading cards or action figures but nothing I'm interested in buying.

I suppose I should start hitting garage sales and flea markets rather than antique stores.

Finally something interesting to post after a lot of empty searches. Still not comics but I am not complaining!

Saw an ad on Craigslist for agarage sale listing some video games, toys and other items. In one pic I saw a few g1 and in the back, a little blurry, a large zip lock bag with at least a few GI Joe's in it.

Bag weighs a bit over 3 lbs. Most of the rubber bands are toast so only half are still together. Have some work ahead of me. Really pleased to get some of these for the collection. I am heading out of town so I can't catalog but a couple snake eyes, cobra commander and others. No destro and only a few accessories.

20160827_080617_zpserekv1lg.jpg

20160827_100349_zpswswqokez.jpg

The bag was not out at first and i was first one there so i asked. The guys dad chimes in how it was inside since they looked one up on ebay and saw it had a few bids up to 35 bucks. Still... they brought it out and sold it. Altogether it was less than a buck each.

At an estate sale I got these. They were not cheap but happy to have them. Two of the pamphlet ones are later printings. The rest are first. Likely overpaid or a least paid the going rate but when am I finding these locally?

20160827_100713_zpssnf2qcg6.jpg

Edited by yecul