• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All future Public & Private Snyder & Capullo signing info for 2016 & 2017
2 2

34 posts in this topic

ComicSketchArt is pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement to add Batman author Scott Snyder & artist Greg Capullo to our team of amazing talent. We will be handling all of their event appearances, and signings (public or private) moving forward for Graded and Raw books.

14074982_1424181440931124_231229041_o_zpsegfuzgbz.jpg

594b4c1e5ca06_unnamed(1).thumb.jpg.7841317a780c2f318e3514cb197f308c.jpg

If you are a dealer or fellow facilitator feel free to message us if you want to set up your own signing. These will operate exactly the same as our Frank Miller signings which everyone seems happy with.

Public signings will work the same with Scott & Greg as they do now. Except we will now be sitting with them at shows and managing their line.

To address a couple quick questions:

1 - They will not be raising prices it will be $15 a book for graded books (the current price for convention books for the last 2 years) and $20 for mail in graded submissions.

2 - You can submit on your own CGC account and we encourage it.

3 - You can submit through the CGC booth with one of their Witnesses.

4 - They will sign 3 raw books for free after that you can line back up for another 5 or pay a fee of $5 per book to have them all done at once.

-edit - 3 books is now the limit for free signatures per trip through the line.

5 - We will have 3 mail in signings per year for raw or graded books, for those fans who cannot make it to a show.

6 - Any graded books submitted without paying the above mentioned fee will be returned by either grading company as raw books.

We are simply here to make Scott & Gregs life easier and the signings flow smoother. There is no added mark up to any of the fans. The pricing structure will remain the same as it has for the last 2 years.

Edited by dscott

Please make sure that if you are a dealer or facilitator that you contract us directly. Do not continue to contact Scott as he is no longer responding to these messages. He is simply forwarding the emails to me.

Doug

Hey Doug,

I'm hoping you can provide me with a bit of clarification. For the past couple of years I've attended several Scott Snyder signings and not once was I asked for any fee for books that were clearly being witnessed for grading. I also know that Scott is very vocal about signing for free as a way of giving back to his fans.

Is it no longer the case that he wants to sign for free to show his gratitude for the support of his fans? I was rather certain he still wanted to sign for free and it didn't matter if the books were to be graded or left raw, so I am just a bit confused.

Will all the appearances he makes at Image booths that have always been free now require $15 per book during the signing if they are going to be submitted for grading?

Hey Doug,

I'm hoping you can provide me with a bit of clarification. For the past couple of years I've attended several Scott Snyder signings and not once was I asked for any fee for books that were clearly being witnessed for grading. I also know that Scott is very vocal about signing for free as a way of giving back to his fans.

Is it no longer the case that he wants to sign for free to show his gratitude for the support of his fans? I was rather certain he still wanted to sign for free and it didn't matter if the books were to be graded or left raw, so I am just a bit confused.

Will all the appearances he makes at Image booths that have always been free now require $15 per book during the signing if they are going to be submitted for grading?

I hope this helps.

If you have not been charged in the past it seems you have been a lucky fan, as Scott had volunteers at the last two shows walking the lines letting folks know he was now asking $15 for cgc.

Moving forward Scott will have either myself or a member of my team with him at all his signings no matter if they on the show floor, at a retailer booth, or at a local comic book store.

Free signatures

Scott is more than happy to sign for free for every fan who is not grading a book. If you read above you will see that he is allowing 5 raw books to be signed per trip through the line for free. There is no limit to the number of times you can queue. (due to agreements with both grading companies any books that are done this way and then passed off to them for grading will be returned)

It should be noted he will not charge the $15 fee for graded books if you are willing to let him personalize your book.

Graded Books

Scott is charging a flat fee of $15 per book for everyone who wishes to have an item graded. This fee will be charged in the line or in private if you have a private signing set up.

Publisher Signings

Appearances at any publisher with a ticketed based system or lottery for signings such as DC or Image will still be free however the book count will be limited to 2-3 items per person. Again Scott will either have myself on site or a member of my team to help him maintain this limit.

Hey Doug,

I hope this helps.

If you have not been charged in the past it seems you have been a lucky fan, as Scott had volunteers at the last two shows walking the lines letting folks know he was now asking $15 for cgc.

Moving forward Scott will have either myself or a member of my team with him at all his signings no matter if they on the show floor, at a retailer booth, or at a local comic book store.

Free signatures

Scott is more than happy to sign for free for every fan who is not grading a book. If you read above you will see that he is allowing 5 raw books to be signed per trip through the line for free. There is no limit to the number of times you can queue. (due to agreements with both grading companies any books that are done this way and then passed off to them for grading will be returned)

It should be noted he will not charge the $15 fee for graded books if you are willing to let him personalize your book.

Graded Books

Scott is charging a flat fee of $15 per book for everyone who wishes to have an item graded. This fee will be charged in the line or in private if you have a private signing set up.

Publisher Signings

Appearances at any publisher with a ticketed based system or lottery for signings such as DC or Image will still be free however the book count will be limited to 2-3 items per person. Again Scott will either have myself on site or a member of my team to help him maintain this limit.

Thank you Doug, that does clarify things for me. (thumbs u

Q: How much is the cost of getting a Scott Snyder RAW Signature via mail away?

A: Scotts fee for raw books is $10 per book via mail away. return shipping is then $5 for 1-3 books or $10 for 3 or more books. Total cost would be be $15 for 1 book. This includes return shipping to you.

On 2016. 8. 22. at 7:13 PM, dscott said:

ComicSketchArt is pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement to add Batman author Scott Snyder to our team of amazing talent. We will be handling all of Scotts event appearances, and his signings (public or private) moving forward for Graded and Raw books.

14074982_1424181440931124_231229041_o_zpsegfuzgbz.jpg

If you are a dealer or fellow facilitator feel free to message us if you want to set up your own signing. These will operate exactly the same as our Frank Miller signings which everyone seems happy with.

Public signings will work the same with Scott as they do now. Except we will now be sitting with him at shows and managing his line.

To address a couple quick questions:

1 - Scott will not be raising prices it will be $15 a book for graded books (the current price for convention books for the last 2 years) and $20 for mail in graded submissions.

2 - You can submit on your own CGC account and we encourage it.

3 - You can submit through the CGC booth with one of their Witnesses.

4 - Scott will sign 5 raw books for free after that you can line back up for another 5 or pay a fee of $5 per book to have them all done at once.

5 - We will have 3 mail in signings per year for raw or graded books, for those fans who cannot make it to a show.

6 - Any graded books submitted without paying the above mentioned fee will be returned by either grading company as raw books.

We are simply here to make Scotts life easier and the signings flow smoother. There is no added mark up to any of the fans. The pricing structure will remain the same as it has for the last 2 years.

Hey guys! Just got back from Awesome Con here in DC. I'm new to the boards and wanted to give you daily reports from the con.

First of all, Scott and Greg were extremely professional and took time with fans individually.

BUT

the comic sketch art guys changed the signing/fee policy. They had Scott and Greg signing only 3 books for free and the rest at $5 each.

Shame on them!

3 hours ago, jbeez909 said:

Hey guys! Just got back from Awesome Con here in DC. I'm new to the boards and wanted to give you daily reports from the con.

First of all, Scott and Greg were extremely professional and took time with fans individually.

BUT

the comic sketch art guys changed the signing/fee policy. They had Scott and Greg signing only 3 books for free and the rest at $5 each.

Shame on them!

This post is from 2016. Starting January 1st the policy was changed and updated on our website as well as Facebook. Signage as well as employees pointed this out at the show all through the signing. While folks were in line well before they reached Scott or even started to queue for any signings. Also folks were more than welcome to reque to obtain 3 more signatures for free after they had passed through the line the 1st time. 

http://www.comicsketchart.com/scott-snyder-show-signings.html

Thank you for the feed back. 

On 2017. 6. 17. at 0:33 AM, dscott said:

This post is from 2016. Starting January 1st the policy was changed and updated on our website as well as Facebook. Signage as well as employees pointed this out at the show all through the signing. While folks were in line well before they reached Scott or even started to queue for any signings. Also folks were more than welcome to reque to obtain 3 more signatures for free after they had passed through the line the 1st time. 

http://www.comicsketchart.com/scott-snyder-show-signings.html

Thank you for the feed back. 

According to the title and post before you edited it to reflect the "new policy" after I made my post, there was no language in there that would indicate a chance of a change in price. In fact, your title stated clearly that prices would be frozen throughout this year. Not a personal opinion or thought, just facts. Your post clearly stated 5 books for free through 2017.

Also, there were no signs and the guys controlling the line made NO mention of being able to go back in line to get more signatures. If the policy of being able to get back in line to get more signatures is true, then you guys choosing to omit this publicly is very unethical and just another case of trying to squeeze every dollar from collectors.