• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

I finally got around to slabbing some at WW Chicago this weekend. Like any submission I expected some to come back higher but also some to come back lower so overall I was pretty happy with the results.

th_scan0009_zpshpzhj6uh.jpgth_scan0011_zpsv8srdmpf.jpgth_scan0007_zps153tawd4.jpgth_scan0001_zpsosfogbe1.jpgth_scan0010_zpsfpcb1i0k.jpg

Some sweet copies.

I finally got around to slabbing some at WW Chicago this weekend. Like any submission I expected some to come back higher but also some to come back lower so overall I was pretty happy with the results.

th_scan0009_zpshpzhj6uh.jpgth_scan0011_zpsv8srdmpf.jpgth_scan0007_zps153tawd4.jpgth_scan0001_zpsosfogbe1.jpgth_scan0010_zpsfpcb1i0k.jpg

Some sweet copies.

Thanks for the kind words and the great work you did on these with short notice! The 2 Howard the Ducks were previously slabbed 8.0's that Joey fixed up along with the rest.

Some sweet copies.

Thanks for the kind words and the great work you did on these with short notice! The 2 Howard the Ducks were previously slabbed 8.0's that Joey fixed up along with the rest.

Joey definitely does great work. (thumbs u

He's got a slabbed 5.5 in a new CGC label up now a month later, so I'm thinking someone gave him a heads up and the sale didn't go through.

Yep he took a negative and refunded the buyer the 300 to get out of the sale.

Edited by jbud73

Nope, seller apparently reneged.

In other news....

This is a classic example of why you should not end an auction early.

Left a lot of money on the table

He's got a slabbed 5.5 in a new CGC label up now a month later, so I'm thinking someone gave him a heads up and the sale didn't go through.

Yep he took a negative and refunded the buyer the 300 to get out of the sale.

I agree and really its just bad deal.

The person that tipped him is really the person the buyer should be mad at.

Why? The buyer paid and completed their end of the transaction. The seller didn't complete his. Lack of research on his part isn't the buyer's fault I would have hit the BIN as well and I am quite sure a boardie here did.

Nope, seller apparently reneged.

In other news....

This is a classic example of why you should not end an auction early.

Left a lot of money on the table

uhm....that's what didn't honor the sale means

Why? The buyer paid and completed their end of the transaction. The seller didn't complete his. Lack of research on his part isn't the buyer's fault I would have hit the BIN as well and I am quite sure a boardie here did.

Hoping to scoop something for nothing on eBay is only half the battle.

Waiting to see if actually transpires is the real b_itch.

In this case, it was too good to be true for the buyer and didn't pan out.