• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
22 22

4,788 posts in this topic

Further evidence of my Picture Frame addiction. All were were purchased raw except the old label book. Though I'll be down to one copy soon.

J9HQ2F.jpgmiaJVj.jpg

Hmmmm....which 9.4 is going to be on the auction block?

The indomitable joeypost will be getting one of the 9.4s. Once I decide which book is the keeper, that is.

Further evidence of my Picture Frame addiction. All were were purchased raw except the old label book. Though I'll be down to one copy soon.

J9HQ2F.jpgmiaJVj.jpg

Hmmmm....which 9.4 is going to be on the auction block?

The indomitable joeypost will be getting one of the 9.4s. Once I decide which book is the keeper, that is.

:whee:

I'm not really sure what's going on, but I've been tripping over some pretty nice pf covers the last view weeks.

From Chicago.

In a 2 dollar box (and I don't care about the date, it's a Marvel, and it's a picture frame, even though it came out later):

mylove33_zps9gjbov84.jpg

Courtesy of 143ksk ( I think he found this dirt cheap).

ff121_zpsiczxsj08.jpg

And I traded for this (damn nut-sack crease really shows up in the scan-almost invisible in normal lighting)

defenders1_zps5htffztx.jpg

Edited by underthebigw

An update from the Department of Useless Information:

Since November 11, 2015, just a handful of extra tough Picture Frames have been added to the census – 7 books in about 10 months.

There are still 15 books without a single 9.4 (or better) in the census. Millie The Model is still playing very hard to get.

New additions:

Li'l Pals #1: 1 CGC 9.4

Marvel's Greatest Comics #39: 1 CGC 9.4

Marvel Triple Action #6: 1 CGC 9.6

Two-Gun Kid #103: 1 CGC 9.4

Avengers #103: 2 CGC 9.6s

X-Men #76: 1 CGC 9.6

No copies in CGC 9.4 or better:

Harvey #3, 5

Li'l Kids #4, 7, 9

Millie The Model #194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199

My Love #20

Our Love Story #20

Ringo Kid #17

Special Marvel Edition #4

One copy in CGC 9.4 or better:

Chili #18 19, 20

Harvey #6

Li’l Kids #5, 6

Li'l Pals #1 (now 2 9.4s)

Li'l Pals #2

Marvel's Greatest Comics #34

Marvel's Greatest Comics #39 (1 9.6, 1 new 9.4)

Marvel Triple Action #6 (1 new 9.6, still 1 9.4)

Mighty Marvel Western #17

My Love #14, 16, 18, 19

Our Love Story #17, 18, 19

Rawhide Kid #103

Ringo Kid #13, 14, 15

Special Marvel Edition #6

Two-Gun Kid #101, 102

Two-Gun Kid #103 (1 new 9.4)

Western Gunfighters #8, 10

Western Kid #3, 5

Wyatt Earp #31

Tough hero books in CGC 9.6 or better:

Astonishing Tales #12 (1 in 9.8, 5 in 9.6)

Avengers #103[ (6 in 9.6) (now 8 in 9.6)

Avengers #105 (8 in 9.6)

Captain Marvel #22 (4 in 9.6)

Daredevil #86 (1 9.8, 4 in 9.6)

Incredible Hulk #158 (6 in 9.6)

Iron Man #44 (6 in 9.6)

Sub-Mariner #43 (6 in 9.6)

X-Men #76 (4 in 9.6) (now 5 in 9.6)

X-Men #79 (1 in 9.8, 1 in 9.6)

Edited by Ghost Town

Iron Man #44 and Sub-Mariner #43 sure are buggers to find in high grade. :pullhair:

I'm like you with the Iron Man #54s for those two books.

I upgraded my Subby #43 three times. Thanks to Jim M, I finally got a keeper with the Oakland copy.

Just one upgrade on the Iron Man #44. It was an eBay Buy-It-Now that was probably the fastest trackpad click of my life.

FUFNOk.jpgGxfaZf.jpg

fIVaGb.jpgzCeUkc.jpg

s9WOe6.jpgkW7XQl.jpg

Iron Man #44 and Sub-Mariner #43 sure are buggers to find in high grade. :pullhair:

I'm like you with the Iron Man #54s for those two books.

I upgraded my Subby #43 three times. Thanks to Jim M, I finally got a keeper with the Oakland copy.

Just one upgrade on the Iron Man #44. It was an eBay Buy-It-Now that was probably the fastest trackpad click of my life.

GxfaZf.jpg

There's my copy. While I'm always happy to acquire one of your under copies, that Oakland copy is really sweet.

Barton other books that taunt me are Thor #206, Subby annual #2 (a 9.8 just sold in the marketplace :cry:) and FF#120 I am convinced will not produce a new 9.8 again.

I slept through that Subby Annual too. Argh. It's a great copy. That thread had all sorts of goodies. I'd be happy with a well-centered 9.6 FF #120. My copy isn't the prettiest book in my collection.

Astonishing Tales #12 and Fear #11 have been elusive for me in 9.6 even though there are some out there. And I've never been able to find a 9.4 Where Monsters Dwell #14.

Beyond that, it's mostly kids, humor, romance, and reprint titles that fill up my want list. When I'm on my death bed, I'm going to curse Millie the Model.

Barton other books that taunt me are Thor #206, Subby annual #2 (a 9.8 just sold in the marketplace :cry:) and FF#120 I am convinced will not produce a new 9.8 again.

I slept through that Subby Annual too. Argh. It's a great copy. That thread had all sorts of goodies. I'd be happy with a well-centered 9.6 FF #120. My copy isn't the prettiest book in my collection.

Astonishing Tales #12 and Fear #11 have been elusive for me in 9.6 even though there are some out there. And I've never been able to find a 9.4 Where Monsters Dwell #14.

Beyond that, it's mostly kids, humor, romance, and reprint titles that fill up my want list. When I'm on my death bed, I'm going to curse Millie the Model.

Amazing how that Subby Annual 2 slipped by everyone here. A book that presents a challenge for a superhero title. Best I could manage so far is a 9.0 copy of this book. DD Annual 3 is another one that I never see in 9.0 or higher grades. Was happy to find the Western Penn Copy after missing the Christies Copy on Worldwide Comics years ago. Barton, you are the only one I know that has 2 incredible copies of these extremely tough books.