• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

No reply from hitmonchan1

Sorry to hear of your pain.

Perhaps Paypal would reopen your claim if you provided a copy of all communications between you and the seller.

Clearly all communications show that the seller is at fault and that you closed your claim only to cooperate with him. They also show a pattern of delays and stalling. And you have tracking showing the book was returned and your money has not been returned. And if paypal says 'no' escalate the claim and ask to talk to a higher level of customer service.

No reply from hitmonchan1

Sorry to hear of your pain.

Perhaps Paypal would reopen your claim if you provided a copy of all communications between you and the seller.

Clearly all communications show that the seller is at fault and that you closed your claim only to cooperate with him. They also show a pattern of delays and stalling. And you have tracking showing the book was returned and your money has not been returned. And if paypal says 'no' escalate the claim and ask to talk to a higher level of customer service.

This is good advice. PayPal as per policy expects parties to attempt to resolve problems without PayPal's intervention, and you made a good faith attempt, based on the seller's explicit word, to resolve it without escalation. There would be grounds for PayPal to review and reopen. 2c

Thanks all! PayPal account was flush so no CC help. I will try talking to PP to see if they can assist. I'm not crying in my Cheerios. I chalk it up to a lesson learned. Just hope the PL addition helps the next boardie that comes across this doosh. Wonder whether this is HOS worthy.

@columbia comics - happy festivus! It's the summer of George!

Thanks for all of the advice and comments everyone.

When I looked at it, briefly, his post had about 10 spooned words in it, which is a great way to insure you'll have your post pulled and since all the responses attached go with it, that's probably what happened.

I didn't check, but I believe they were all the same spooned word, which says quite a bit for his vocabulary;)

Hopefully the new board software will work better.

I'm actually shocked no one dreamt up this brilliant scheme before. doh! the double/triple covers, not the spooned words so your post will get pulled thingy. I doubt he thought that far ahead.

The software we heard about late last year?

:whistle:

-slym

What if he came around and finally responded saying "sorry, I was going through a rough patch there. Here's the money I owe you. I'd also like to give you $x (or donate $x) because of my actions. I really apologize and hope you'll accept my apology." And after some time, you felt OK about the situation. You couldn't just say "please remove him from the HOS" because it's a community vote.

HOS should be a place for individuals with multiple instances of wrongdoing. Not just a one time issue.

Him being on the PL has the same affect as being in the HOS. You just have control over the PL nomination whereas you wouldn't in the HOS.

DennisRodmanofSS has reached out to me, and we have achieved a mutually agreeable solution. For my part in his inclusion on the PL, he may be removed.

Edited by seanfingh

When I looked at it, briefly, his post had about 10 spooned words in it, which is a great way to insure you'll have your post pulled and since all the responses attached go with it, that's probably what happened.

I didn't check, but I believe they were all the same spooned word, which says quite a bit for his vocabulary;)

Hopefully the new board software will work better.

I'm actually shocked no one dreamt up this brilliant scheme before. doh! the double/triple covers, not the spooned words so your post will get pulled thingy. I doubt he thought that far ahead.

The software we heard about late last year?

:whistle:

-slym

I hear it's scheduled to be released in conjunction with Matt Nelson's pedigree book.