• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 134 club

181 posts in this topic

Yeah a little :). And thanks, Darkseid is by far my favorite villain so I love this book!!

As I've preached on here an number of times: Darkseid is imho the singular severest bad aZZZZ across the MCU as well as the DCU. No competition.

End of rant.

It seems high grade 9.2+, well wrapped copies are being held onto by collectors. I haven't seen many copies at auction or even on ebay lately.

I agree. I think part of the problem is not many HG copies actually exist. SPJM was not the most popular title and I don't think it saw the same speculative interest that other bronze titles did.

The census (while only a poor proxy) is interesting in this case. Only 558 graded copies total! Only six in 9.8. and We haven't seen a substantial rise in those numbers since the book's price started to climb. So my feeling is the census won't ever explode.

As a comparison IM 55 has 1969 copies with 53 in 9.8 and ASM 129 has 6320 copies on census with 89 in 9.8.

Edited by The-Collector

It seems high grade 9.2+, well wrapped copies are being held onto by collectors. I haven't seen many copies at auction or even on ebay lately.

I agree. I think part of the problem is not many HG copies actually exist. SPJM was not the most popular title and I don't think it saw the same speculative interest that other bronze titles did.

The census (while only a poor proxy) is interesting in this case. Only 558 graded copies total! Only six in 9.8. and We haven't seen a substantial rise in those numbers since the book's price started to climb. So my feeling is the census won't ever explode.

As a comparison IM 55 has 1969 copies with 53 in 9.8 and ASM 129 has 6320 copies on census with 89 in 9.8.

The white cover and availability of copies with a slightly offset spine to mask color breaking spine creases that can be pressed flat make IM 55 an easier book in high grade. The darker cover is an issue with Jimmy Olsen #134.

The white cover and availability of copies with a slightly offset spine to mask color breaking spine creases that can be pressed flat make IM 55 an easier book in high grade. The darker cover is an issue with Jimmy Olsen #134.

I agree. There is a confluence of factors which make this a difficult book in HG.

I agree. There is a confluence of factors which make this a difficult book in HG.

You can add in IM #55 getting softer grading as well. The last copy I subbed for my LCS owner was an 8.0 with a number of color breaking spine creases/ticks (it was a properly centered copy) that came back as a 9.6. He flipped it and went away laughing with the huge upside win from the gift grade.

Thought provoking figs ...

I might just go get my HG copy soon ....

I just need to flip my beater first.

Edited by Mr. 10%

I'm definitely holding onto mine. Kind of waiting for the Justice League movies I guess. <a  href=DS%209.4_zpskqbqj7te.jpg' alt='DS%209.4_