• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a classic rock concert at Wizard World Chicago?
1 1

386 posts in this topic

We've got a new angle to make the show a bit more exciting. Wizard has been trying to get musical acts to spice up their shows, which let's face it have become multi media events.

You may have remembered a discussion in another thread about us playing a live show. Wizard was unable to find a venue for us in time so we had cancelled the gig. Well, this weekend we managed to find a venue to host our show so we're putting on a show on August 19th at the Adobe Gilas Mexican Cantina.

Adobe Gilas is in the MB Financial entertainment complex just a few minutes walking distance from the Donald Stephens convention center where the show is held.

MB Financial Park Rosemont

The venue is a dinner place with dance floor after 10:30. they have capacity for up to 400 people so space should be fine. We're going on at 9:15 (ish - hopefully nobody pulls an Axl Rose) and doing a roughly 1 hour cover gig with some classic rock songs that you all should know.

I'll be singing. :blush:

John Dolmayan (from System Of A Down) is on drums.

Matt Nelson is on guitar.

Simon Bisley, famed artist from the UK is supposed to play a song or two on bass. John has a bassist (still unknown to me) who will do the rest of the songs.

Todd Kerns, whose Canadian band called Age of Electric had popularity and radio play in the 1990's and who currently plays bass for Slash in The Conspirators with Myles Kennedy was supposed to fill in on the bass chores but his AOE band and recently reunited and unfortunately he has a gig in British Columbia the following day so was unable to make it to Chicago on short notice.

So if you can make it to WW Chicago, try to see if you can make the event and join us for a celebration of classic rock mingled with comics. :D

Now I have some songs to learn....

If anything it should be entertaining! :headbang:

Our flyer.

press-show-flyer_zps6quvs40r.png

Leather pants :wishluck:

John offered me $100 to perform topless. I'm still workin' on my fitness for that C note. :insane:

.....multi media 'event' :facepalm:

Hey, let's face the music. There are very few comic book shows that are exclusively comic book shows anymore. May as well make the best of it! :whee:

Does 'classic' rock mean 1980s bands like the Cars, Echo and the Bunnymen, Talking Heads, Blondie, :popcorn: or the 1970s Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Heart?

Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Sabbath.

That sort of classic rock. :banana: