• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

dont see enough of this one.

Yep. It's kind of one of the under-rated JC covers. Some great stories in it inc. this classic JD story. I think EC were really hitting their stride at this time, story-wise.

I agree. I've always felt that most PCH titles really reached their high water mark right before the code, and this is right in that sweet spot.

After a mishap with my mailbox, I opened up this beauty, a recent purchase from a boardie:

image.jpg

The Strange Mysteries was a good pickup, but the last story in this issue (which is actually #2), "Give me back my head", is what PCH is all about! ;)

One giant skull, four skeletons, and a graveyard= Yummy PCH goodness!

image.jpg

You have to crack that book out. My notes say this issue has some of the best and weirdest precode horror stories that were published. Its a favorite!

image.jpg

You have to crack that book out. My notes say this issue has some of the best and weirdest precode horror stories that were published. Its a favorite!

Correctamundo!

1.jpg

7.jpg

18.jpg

image.jpg

Correctamundo!

1.jpg

7.jpg

18.jpg

Brilliant! People who don't read the books don't know what they're missing IMO. 2c

I finally upgraded my old 4.5 I sold a couple years back. It was then sold on heritage as part of the riverdale collection a year later. I had a hard time finding a nice bright copy and that was affordable... Also, no yellowy ink spots on the girl like you sometimes see on other copies.

aa302ad3-8ea3-4df5-b1d0-8aaaf628764f_zpsbyic0yd4.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

I finally upgraded my old 4.5 I sold a couple years back. It was then sold on heritage as part of the riverdale collection a year later. I had a hard time finding a nice bright copy and that was affordable...

50A1C6B6-3E24-44C7-B3E5-CAAA34D745E5_zps4wsfzun5.jpg

Very nice.

I finally upgraded my old 4.5 I sold a couple years back. It was then sold on heritage as part of the riverdale collection a year later. I had a hard time finding a nice bright copy and that was affordable... Also, no yellowy ink spots on the girl like you sometimes see on other copies.

50A1C6B6-3E24-44C7-B3E5-CAAA34D745E5_zps4wsfzun5.jpg

Very sweet book-congrats! Killer sig line too.

image.jpg

Correctamundo!

1.jpg

7.jpg

18.jpg

Love those splahes fifties. Classic stuff. How many people are named Enoch, Ellias or Matilda anymore? I gotta go look through my Superiors again.