• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped me Action Comics #1 Superman page, FedEx lost it, Help appreciated!
1 1

452 posts in this topic

Anyone stealing packages outgoing from CGC would have to wade through a lot of 9.2 moderns, or not valuable books to get one good one.

I've never subbed to CGC. I doubt it says anything on the label related to "CGC Comics". Maybe just CGC. Then again all the driver has to do is google the address and then he knows whats being picked up from that location.

Point of origin theft would be easily identified and discovered

I doubt many mid five to six fig salary fedex drivers or sorters would risk their employment, benefits,etc on a chance.

If CGC lost my Action 1, Id be hopping the first freight train to Sarasota for the biggest belt whipping parade that fine town had ever seen :sumo: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I doubt many mid five to six fig salary fedex drivers or sorters would risk their employment, benefits,etc on a chance.

+1. Item would never show as being scanned/accepted at any point if a CGC emp stole an item.

Completely off base with respect to the OPs situation since it made it through to the destination sort facility.

I don't think HENRYSPENCER is inferring that CGC employees are stealing boxes going out. Seems he is referring more to the fact that the shipping company employees can look up the address the box was shipped from and conclude that there might be valuable comics in the box and swipe them.

This is one scenario that has been mentioned about the Action #1 page missing.

As far as the 5 to 6 figure FedEx employees risking employment, people do stupid things. I wouldn't put it past them. I've known of someone, making well into 6 figures, get fired for petty theft.

@bomber-bob Why would you make a comment like that and then insinuate that I "have [some kind] of an agenda"?

Is that how you treat people off the message boards?

Welcome to the boards. Go ahead and introduce yourself then hop in the hot tub we call CGC

My name is John. I like to watch movies and read comics. I'm from the northeastern part of the the United States. My collection now consists of only a few very high grade CGC silver and golden age issues (approx eight comics).

WTTB John! Take some time out this afternoon and count those books so you won't have to guess!

I don't think HENRYSPENCER is inferring that CGC employees are stealing boxes going out. Seems he is referring more to the fact that the shipping company employees can look up the address the box was shipped from and conclude that there might be valuable comics in the box and swipe them.

As far as the 5 to 6 figure FedEx employees risking employment, people do stupid things. I wouldn't put it past them. I've known of someone, making well into 6 figures, get fired for petty theft.

But if FedEx employees stealing boxes from CGC were at all common, you would think we would have heard of a lot more instances these past 15 years.

Mid five fig salary for a FedEx driver sounds right, but six fig for a driver??? Probably six for their pilots.

I had a box going missing at FedEx a couple of years ago, the box arrived taped up but with only 1 of the 4 books inside. They originally claimed there was only 1 book inside and they slapped an altered label on it. When I showed them the original label and weight, it raised some red flags. They then claimed it wasn't properly taped and didn't know where it went. After a huge lengthy process. It was proven that the side that was opened, was not the side taped, but the side that was sealed. It looked like someone used a box cutter to open it. They eventually found the books smashed in their facility, but it was only after I raised a stink, posted the serial numbers on this forum and several other places and told them I reported the theft and serial numbers everywhere and it would be hard for someone to sell without them being identified. It was very suspicious and I do feel it was attempted theft. The book just doesn't go from missing, to oh it was in the lost department the whole time, when they said they already looked there.

I had another book that was not as fortunate, through tracking it showed reaching its destination, when it didn't arrive, the tracking then said it went back to main hub and then other places, but never to be found again. Unfortunately it was a couple hundred dollar right off. At least with post you can pay extra for full insurance, which would be my choice instead of the $100 offered by FedEx. I always believed if you wanted something guaranteed to arrive, go with FedEx, but sadly that is not the case, there is no perfect or close to it service.

Have you posted pictures and the new serial number around, so people know what to look for

Edited by Captain Canuck

thats why I said I doubt "many" would

Clearly some steal. I just believe it is or would be or will ever be "easy" or potentially rampant as the other person implied (thumbs u

Mid five fig salary for a FedEx driver sounds right, but six fig for a driver??? Probably six for their pilots.

multiple drivers I know make 6 figures

Yes, working for the company I can personally vouch for this. As usual #FF0000]G.A.tor is right (tsk)

Now, about theft within our ranks. It is extremely rare for a theft to occur probably attributed to what #FF0000]G.A.tor had said, as we are compensated very well.

That being said, usually theft can occur in the holiday months when they hire part time help and and then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what can happen even with the best of vetting. I still say his book page will eventually show up.

Lastly, we have cameras in every nook and cranny here as you can imagine.

I have a package go missing USPS between Tampa and Sarasota. Tracked then nothing

Thieves abound....

Even rich thieves

Hope you get your page ..

Dang, I need to consider a career change...

Dang, I need to consider a career change...

I think we all do. I also know subway and bus drivers where I live make over 6 figures and awesome benefits packages, but sadly have to deal with a lot of abuse from management and customers.

@bomber-bob Why would you make a comment like that and then insinuate that I "have [some kind] of an agenda"?

John, it is not uncommon for a problematic Board member get a new, alternate ID to promote an agenda. The telltale sign is when the new member comes on without introduction, just guns blazing. Your posts fit the profile. If I was wrong, please consider it hazing and accept my apology.

I would really love to see pics of your 8 high grade books. It sounds like a very focused collection.

Edited by bomber-bob

Welcome to the boards. Go ahead and introduce yourself then hop in the hot tub we call CGC

It's a little smelly in here. Needs more chlorine.

(That's just a dirty hot tub joke, not a comment about anyone. ;) Have you ever been a hot tub that had had "too many people" in it before its next cleaning? :sick: It's like people soup.)