• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Does Five Below count here?!

IMG_20160724_171321984_zpsyn4savdq.jpg

Killer Croc, nice pick up ;-) just in time for the buzz

I always wonder where closeout stores get this ancient stuff? Was it just sitting in the back of some huge warehouse in a big box for 30+ years and someone moved some boxes and said "hey, what the heck is this?"

Webbers is one of these places in NYC and once I was rummaging around and found [unfortunately, very generic, no disney or dr. seuss whatever] children's books from the late 50s and 60s in pristine shape, like they had just come out of some warehouse. I kept on coming back hoping for something I could work with but no such luck, but why were (at that point) 40 year old books in a place with a bunch of cheap chinese closeouts?

Nice find! Going to have to add 5 Below to my list of places to hit on the weekends

Thanks for sharing and the heads up!

Steve

No problem, I stopped in with my daughter while running around shopping and went through about 30 multipacks when I saw that one. Tuesday Morning is another discount store where you can find some oddball collectibles-usually toys or statues.

Nice find! Going to have to add 5 Below to my list of places to hit on the weekends

Thanks for sharing and the heads up!

Steve

No problem, I stopped in with my daughter while running around shopping and went through about 30 multipacks when I saw that one. Tuesday Morning is another discount store where you can find some oddball collectibles-usually toys or statues.

5 Below has modern comics in one type of package and then they have these older ones with the COMICS top. That should make filtering them out a lot easier than it is looking for a modern Marvel variant.

What was inside this 5 Below pack? The prior issue perhaps?

I picked up these at a show in Milwaukee this weekend

$1 each

F4BB1F4E-A9A4-4CF3-BC1B-3045BD49C6A1_zpsm0vtfqiu.jpg

and these for $20 total

21038F79-9C20-4B04-8F4A-D992FCC0D3BB_zpsmak6ae4a.jpg

Supergirl :luhv::applause:

These are from last month. Probably the best weekend I've had finding books in a long time. One estate sale and the last two pics are from a craigslist ad. The SDCC 2's weren't in the ad. So I was real happy I found them. Funny part is he took the books to a shop who said they weren't interested. Must have not known they are the first appearance of hellboy. I currently have the first Deadpool, Gambit, and SDCC 2's at CGC. Hopefully they'll be done at the end of the month. <a  href=http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh625/STORMSHADOW_80/IMG_3800_zpsqbu80fma.jpg' alt='IMG_3800_zpsqbu80fma.jpg'>IMG_3802_zpsvef46bdc.jpgIMG_3810_zpsk2xmsibo.jpgIMG_3812_zpszsprucg4.jpg[/img]
Got the grades on a few of the books. Still waiting on the second copy of SDCC2. Here is what I got. New Mutants 98 = 9.6, SDCC2 = 9.6, X-men 221 = 9.2, X-men 266 = 8.5

Found these.

35 Iron-On patches from 1979 - all mint with backing paper intact, plus about 25 rings (not all pictured) from 1977.

I believe the rings were in bubble-gum machines in the USA, but does anyone know where the patches came from?

They look like stuff that came in cereal packets etc, but were they free in any comic issues?

I have no idea.

The owner said he got them from a friend in the USA.

Total cost $40 usd

group_zpscqybkqln.png

A few highlights from an unseen 800+ "bronze" collection I bought from Scotland

re-B&B by me

lots of lovely PENCE copies :cloud9:

DSCF0140_zpszt1we3es.jpg

:applause: