• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

EBAY Seller To Be Wary Of: I didn't get burned by this guy, but I found this seller who has sold a few questionable/faked items:

snugglebug2009 (408 )

99.1% Positive feedback

RECENT QUESTIONABLE SALES:

[Clearly faked Stan Lee signature]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Spider-Man-1-Oct-2000-Unread-GEM-Amazing-fantasy-15-signed-Stan-lee-/182199828579?nma=true&si=aKsQrWZqA5VYUQbM%252F0xlLKeIWlc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

[Highly questionable "Prince signature" guitar - looks nothing like any other authenticated Prince signature - and no COA pictured though one stated in title]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prince-Hand-Signed-Electric-Guitar-Autographed-W-coa-/182102537231?nma=true&si=aKsQrWZqA5VYUQbM%252F0xlLKeIWlc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Other fakes from feedback that he was caught by buyers on in the past:

Book was altered by the seller. It is a counterfeit 35 cent book. Never again _***o

During past year

Star Wars #1 1977 Marvel Comic Book First Print PGX 9.2 Movie Soon!!! (#181832135605) US $898.00

WARNING *** THIS DEALER WILL SCREW YOU !!!! p***n

More than a year ago

Star Wars #1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 comic lot plus more 1977 High Grade (#181236525954) US $508.88

Comic in stated condition. Quick shipping. Highly recommended!!! n***n

More than a year ago

Follow-up by n***n (Apr-13-11 19:09):

BEWARE, comic is a FAKE. Sent comic to CGC & it came back as comic ALTERED

Star Wars #1 1977 Marvel Comic Book Collectable (#180637991635) US $1,325.00

Normally I would never post to this thread because I believe there's always the possibility that someone is just angry at someone else and wants revenge. In this case, I haven't bought anything from this seller but he is clearly abusing the system.

This is tib-1 (formerly loneranger001) who keeps selling the same Spawn comics with private bidding and then relisting them when presumably through shill bidding he doesn't get the price he wants. Take for example Spawn #9 Newsstand PGX 9.8 #501171853. He has sold the same exact comic at least 5 times, here are the ones I can find:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spawn-9-PGX-9-8-Newsstand-RARE-like-Spawn-1-newsstand-Spawn-Black-White-ANGELA-/331917729103?hash=item4d47d69d4f:g:47kAAOSwubRXLfKn

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spawn-9-PGX-9-8-Newsstand-RARE-like-Spawn-1-newsstand-Spawn-Black-White-/331903101024?hash=item4d46f76860:g:47kAAOSwubRXLfKn

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spawn-9-PGX-9-8-Newsstand-RARE-like-Spawn-1-newsstand-Spawn-Black-White-/331899211795?hash=item4d46bc1013:g:47kAAOSwubRXLfKn

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spawn9-PGX-9-8-Newsstand-RARE-like-Spawn-1-newsstand-B-W-S-M-Platinum-Gold-UPC-/331895241459?hash=item4d467f7af3:g:47kAAOSwubRXLfKn

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spawn-9-PGX-9-8-Newsstand-Edition-very-rare-like-SM-Platinum-Chromium-Gold-UPC-/331850380564?hash=item4d43d2f514:g:47kAAOSwubRXLfKn

It appears he bought the comic back on 3/24/16 for $175 + $12 shipping (listing # 371362548248 now unavailable to view). I keep track of these sales because I follow Spawn listings closely and ebay won't clamp down on this practice from what I've experienced.

Should message him and ask how rare is this book if he has so many of them.

It is a rare book in high grade, but he's listing the same graded book over and over. These aren't legitimate sales that are just falling through.

It is a rare book in high grade, but he's listing the same graded book over and over. These aren't legitimate sales that are just falling through.

I get it, but by asking him he will know that people are onto his shady practice. In the end E-Bay should cut this person_without_enough_empathy loose.

Sometimes no. There is a particular modern Star Wars figure that commands an easy $75-$100 loose every time. I know for a fact a lot of people want it that did not have it. I also know for a fact that the seller is sitting on a couple hundred of them.

He releases one a week and gets a chunk of change for it.

BTW... How did he get them. Discussion groups believe that he stole the factor samples or just walked a tub of loose samples that were meant for production out of the factory one day, the same as he does with all the other stuff.

Gotta love the sellers from China. It's how I've gotten a couple things that were in production, created and then cancelled.

I get it, but by asking him he will know that people are onto his shady practice. In the end E-Bay should cut this person_without_enough_empathy loose.

I have communicated with him during one of the sales and he has one copy of this. Apparently he isn't aware of the ability to search for previous listings or just doesn't care.

EBAY Seller To Be Wary Of: I didn't get burned by this guy, but I found this seller who has sold a few questionable/faked items:

snugglebug2009 (408 )

99.1% Positive feedback

RECENT QUESTIONABLE SALES:

[Clearly faked Stan Lee signature]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Spider-Man-1-Oct-2000-Unread-GEM-Amazing-fantasy-15-signed-Stan-lee-/182199828579?nma=true&si=aKsQrWZqA5VYUQbM%252F0xlLKeIWlc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

[Highly questionable "Prince signature" guitar - looks nothing like any other authenticated Prince signature - and no COA pictured though one stated in title]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prince-Hand-Signed-Electric-Guitar-Autographed-W-coa-/182102537231?nma=true&si=aKsQrWZqA5VYUQbM%252F0xlLKeIWlc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Other fakes from feedback that he was caught by buyers on in the past:

Book was altered by the seller. It is a counterfeit 35 cent book. Never again _***o

During past year

Star Wars #1 1977 Marvel Comic Book First Print PGX 9.2 Movie Soon!!! (#181832135605) US $898.00

WARNING *** THIS DEALER WILL SCREW YOU !!!! p***n

More than a year ago

Star Wars #1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 comic lot plus more 1977 High Grade (#181236525954) US $508.88

Comic in stated condition. Quick shipping. Highly recommended!!! n***n

More than a year ago

Follow-up by n***n (Apr-13-11 19:09):

BEWARE, comic is a FAKE. Sent comic to CGC & it came back as comic ALTERED

Star Wars #1 1977 Marvel Comic Book Collectable (#180637991635) US $1,325.00

After comparing two authentic signatures with other "signatures", both are genuine fake signatures. I really don't understand how they can fall for that.

Normally I would never post to this thread because I believe there's always the possibility that someone is just angry at someone else and wants revenge. In this case, I haven't bought anything from this seller but he is clearly abusing the system.

BTW... while I would always take things with a grain of salt... sometimes there are people who are simply individual_without_enough_empathys.

As I stated a little whiles back... someone bought something from me that was 'used' and decided to mark it up and sell it as 'new' which it clearly wasn't.

Apparently the seller has a habit of doing that. He was upset because I discovered it after he tried picking something else up and cancelled the sale and blocked him. I won't be a part of or source for someone's dishonesty.

That guy? He can trip, fall, and break a leg. I wish him death on Christmas.

Here’s another: 925swordfish30

He wins an auction for $10 on a Sunday night and messages in the morning asking to cancel since his wallet was stolen at SDCC and he’s waiting on replacement cards. Right. So, I file for cancellation that morning and he never responds. A week goes by as he ignores it and makes purchases from other sellers while I wait on sending a second chance offer to the underbidder. What a tool.

There is a guy on Facebook that posted a video to YouTube about a ebay seller. On the listing it shows a 5 day handing time, it just hit day 5 today and he's already filed a claim and posted a video. I'm adding him to my blocked buyers list.

Buyer Ebay ID = dannyturnage

Ebay item = http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-344-CGC-9-0-White-Pages-/302003775342?hash=item4650d3e76e%3Ag%3AhUcAAOSwOVpXeTTP&_trkparms=pageci%253Aae23de75-58e5-11e6-91cf-74dbd1805e83%257Cparentrq%253A4caffd8c1560a2b0241ac6e9fff93315%257Ciid%253A1&redirect=mobile

YouTube video =

Aaaaaaaaand blocked.

My youtube account is still tied to my real first and last name. I am not comfortable with this guy having information like that.

Could someone else link him to this thread please.

EDIT: Dooshie McGee seems to post in the comic selling facebook forums under his eBay name, Daniel Turnage. Just giving y'all a heads up for that as well.

In the wake of being called out on his nonsense he has changed his eBay handle to: carnage_bs-22

Edited by Buzzetta

On the listing it shows a 5 day handing time, it just hit day 5 today and he's already filed a claim and posted a video. I'm adding him to my blocked buyers list.

Not only that, but he also initiated the transaction by sending the seller an offer (which the seller accepted) because he thought $12 to ship a CGC slab was 'too high'. But now wants instantaneous shipping.

Blocked

There is a guy on Facebook that posted a video to YouTube about a ebay seller. On the listing it shows a 5 day handing time, it just hit day 5 today and he's already filed a claim and posted a video. I'm adding him to my blocked buyers list.

Ebay item = http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-344-CGC-9-0-White-Pages-/302003775342?hash=item4650d3e76e%3Ag%3AhUcAAOSwOVpXeTTP&_trkparms=pageci%253Aae23de75-58e5-11e6-91cf-74dbd1805e83%257Cparentrq%253A4caffd8c1560a2b0241ac6e9fff93315%257Ciid%253A1&redirect=mobile

YouTube video =

Damn. What a psycho buyer! :insane:

He B-Locked!