• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

SDCC '16: The CW's DCTV Surprises Include BATWOMAN, ORACLE And BATMAN?

According to BleedingCool, The CW is actively working to bring Batman, Batwoman and Oracle to their collective TV universe consisting of The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.

However, where the inclusion of Batwoman and Oracle appears to be a more solid rumor, Batman's inclusion is contingent upon an agreement being worked out with Fox's Gotham. The site reports that Floriana Lima's casting as Maggie Sawyer was just a precursor to a big SDCC reveal that Batwoman is headed to National City and Supergirl. They also add that the show will bring in Barbara Gordon but in her role as the wheelchair bound Oracle, not Batgirl. BC adds that The CW has approached Fox to share the Batman TV rights for a fee but a deal still needs to be worked out.

Other items of interest from BC's report include John Wesley Shipp's Jay Garrick possibly being made a series regular across the whole DC Universe, similar to the deal given to John Barrowman and Wentworth Miller. They also state that a similar deal could be in the works for Matt Ryan's Constantine with the network current contemplating whether to give DC's preeminent magic con man a new Friday night series to replace The Vampire Diaries.

:whee:

No way! I would have never guessed this character showing up any time soon.

Arrow books Blindspot star as Ragman

arrow-ragman-191836.jpg

Blindspot star Joe Dinicol has landed a recurring role on Arrow in season 5, EW has learned exclusively.

Dinicol, who played Patterson’s ill-fated boyfriend David on the NBC series, will portray Rory Regan, the mystical DC Comics vigilante known as Ragman. Fresh from a personal tragedy, Rory hopes to find answers in Star City, where he ultimately crosses paths with Green Arrow (Stephen Amell).

Dinicol, whose credits also include The L.A. Complex and Grey’s Anatomy, will first appear in the second episode of season 5.

Ok... I've just started S3 and I'm hoping one of you Arrowheads can answer a few questions.

1) Why did they introduce Sara/Canary in S2 and not just go with Laurel as Black Canary?

2) How did we get to Oliver falling in love with Felicity?

3) Why does Felicity spend a large proportion of her time crying when S1 was relatively tear-free?

4) S2 was excellent. Does S3 get better?

Ta.

Ok... I've just started S3 and I'm hoping one of you Arrowheads can answer a few questions.

1) Why did they introduce Sara/Canary in S2 and not just go with Laurel as Black Canary?

3) Why does Felicity spend a large proportion of her time crying when S1 was relatively tear-free?

Ta.

What's the matter? You guys spending all of your time moaning about Suicide Squad...? :taptaptap:

Ta.

What's the matter? You guys spending all of your time moaning about Suicide Squad...? :taptaptap:

I'm done with my rant about suicide squad, so ....

1) I think it was to provide a twist, also, I don't think Laurel was testing that well with audiences, which leads to...

2) I'm sure to create tension they were ALWAYS going to pair Felicity at some point, but she's better in nearly every metric both on the show and in terms of likeability to a fan base that it just made more sense to make her into the 'true love' of Oliver. She always had a crush on Oliver, from the beginning.

3) I don't remember, but its probably because the Laurel actress was getting paid more than her still at this point.

4) If you liked season 2, you'll like the next season.

Ta.

I'm done with my rant about suicide squad, so ....

1) I think it was to provide a twist, also, I don't think Laurel was testing that well with audiences, which leads to...

2) I'm sure to create tension they were ALWAYS going to pair Felicity at some point, but she's better in nearly every metric both on the show and in terms of likeability to a fan base that it just made more sense to make her into the 'true love' of Oliver. She always had a crush on Oliver, from the beginning.

3) I don't remember, but its probably because the Laurel actress was getting paid more than her still at this point.

4) If you liked season 2, you'll like the next season.

Many thanks (thumbs u 1) makes sense. I'm not really a Laurel fan but loved Sara. And 3) ... lol

I'm well into S3 now. The flashbacks are getting better and the season is picking up. Arsenal does look a little camp* though...

*(US or UK definition)

SDCC '16: The CW's DCTV Surprises Include BATWOMAN, ORACLE And BATMAN?

According to BleedingCool, The CW is actively working to bring Batman, Batwoman and Oracle to their collective TV universe consisting of The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.

However, where the inclusion of Batwoman and Oracle appears to be a more solid rumor, Batman's inclusion is contingent upon an agreement being worked out with Fox's Gotham. The site reports that Floriana Lima's casting as Maggie Sawyer was just a precursor to a big SDCC reveal that Batwoman is headed to National City and Supergirl. They also add that the show will bring in Barbara Gordon but in her role as the wheelchair bound Oracle, not Batgirl. BC adds that The CW has approached Fox to share the Batman TV rights for a fee but a deal still needs to be worked out.

Other items of interest from BC's report include John Wesley Shipp's Jay Garrick possibly being made a series regular across the whole DC Universe, similar to the deal given to John Barrowman and Wentworth Miller. They also state that a similar deal could be in the works for Matt Ryan's Constantine with the network current contemplating whether to give DC's preeminent magic con man a new Friday night series to replace The Vampire Diaries.

:whee:

Please... for the love of puppies... if you're going to do it, DO NOT MESS UP BATMAN!!!!

‘Arrow’ Season 5: Dolph Lundgren to Star as Big Bad in Russian Flashback Sequences

:o

Will Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) finally meet his match when he squares off against a new Big Bad in Season 5 of The CW’s Arrow? Well, probably not considering that this conflict will occur in the show’s flashback sequences in Russia, meaning that Ollie definitely survives to see another day. Still, the news out of the TCAs that Dolph Lundgren will be starring as a major antagonist in those flashback sequences has us very excited.

A related bit of news that has us just as excited is the fact that Season 5 will be the last season that we have to deal with flashback sequences, which have been increasingly frustrating and fairly useless these last couple of seasons. Here’s hoping they go out with a bang as Amell and Lundgren clash.

Fans who have been following the series since the beginning probably know that Oliver is a member of the Bratva, the Russian brotherhood that’s basically their version of the mafia. His ties to the Russian mob have been hinted at over the years but never fully explored. Expect that to change in Season 5, as confirmed by executive producer Wendy Mericle:

“In our flashbacks in Russia — we’re set in Russia this season — we are going to be bringing in Dolph Lundgren as one of our big bads.”

Human Target is Coming to Arrow

human-target-195441.jpg

Another street-level DC hero is coming to Arrow -- and this time, he's got television experience.

Christopher Chance, the super-bodyguard better known to fans as the Human Target, will make his way to Star City this season.

This time around, the character -- who is a master of disguise, and can appear to be just about anybody -- will not have Mark Valley or Rick Springfield as his "true" face, but rather Jessica Jones and Once Upon A Time's Will Traval, KSite reports.

A Human Target TV series starring Valley ran for two seasons in 2010 and 2011 on FOX. The series was a fan favorite but was based only very loosely on the DC Comics character, with the disguise element almost completely omitted. The series also featured Jackie Earle Haley, who had played Rorschach in Watchmen, appearing in his second DC Entertainment property.

Stephen Amell Says DCEU Deathstroke Doesn't Nix A Potential Manu Bennett Return To ARROW

Arrow_Deathstroke_vs_DCEU_Deathstroke.jpg

At Salt Lake Comic -Con, Arrow star Stephen Amell was asked by a fan whether Ben Affleck's reveal that Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke was seemingly set to appear in Justice League/Batman results in Manu Bennett no longer able to reprise the same role on Arrow. Amell responded, "That's actually something that people bring up on a regular basis…that DC has told us you can’t have or you must get rid of [this character]. That’s not how that works. Diane Nelson and Geoff Johns – the people at Warner Bros. on the feature side, the people at Warner Bros. on the television side – are all in the business of making the best products for fans. Just because there may or may not be a Deathstroke in the DC Extended Universe doesn’t mean Manu Bennett can’t exist on our show."

I would love to see Manu Bennett come back to the show, if the creative team will handle the character right. I thought from Season 3 Bennett was not pleased at all what they did with Deathstroke.