• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

Another lazy shipper - if you take a buyer's money but can't be bothered to ship a book in a timely manner (as repeatedly promised), then don't sell.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9451162&fpart=11

I thought the book you bought was a St John? :D

Yeah, not exactly Quality service. lol

I guess the seller is not Aces with you? :D

Not exactly, too much Fiction in da House!

I Marvel at the ability of some sellers to find customers.

Another lazy shipper - if you take a buyer's money but can't be bothered to ship a book in a timely manner (as repeatedly promised), then don't sell.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9451162&fpart=11

I thought the book you bought was a St John? :D

Yeah, not exactly Quality service. lol

I guess the seller is not Aces with you? :D

Not exactly, too much Fiction in da House!

I Marvel at the ability of some sellers to find customers.

^^(worship)

Sorry to disrupt the fun, but has anyone else noticed this in their listings ?

Are you going to have a problem ? I have small images that link to huge

images on my domain space, seems I'll just have to put bigger pictures

in the description instead of linking ?

noactivecontent.jpg

Has the seller given no explanation whatsoever as to delays? When was the last communication from the seller?

Hi Bob,

He sent a PM that he forgot to ship and would express the package when he got back (Monday). Tuesday and Wednesday went by, nothing. I sent a PM late Wednesday afternoon, he read it, but did not respond.

5 days.

I received my superman page. I hope your book shows up. :wishluck:

Do you ever feel like with the stuff you want to sell, you should just take it out side and create a bon fire. It would be easier and maybe a whole lot more fulfilling :insane:lol

Middling stuff that take more effort than it's worth to sell I just stack up in priority boxes and have a free mystery box sale (just pay the cost of shipping). I know mystery boxes arent allowed, but I'd think free mystery boxes would be ok (right?!?!)

Spreads boardie good will, and gets you plenty of nice comicbook karma in return.

Response to a WTB for old label Bronze keys:

Are you looking for the undergraded old labels you can press several grades higher or the "gift grade" old labels that no-one has ever dared crack out ?

Made me laugh as hard as anything I've read in the last 3 months.

It seems like every day we're getting more and more "Facebook types" attempting to sell here. No references provided. Low post count. Generally doesn't follow the rules. Often times it's a pretty big asking price.

What happened that made this site so popular with these types lately? They used to pop in occasionally over the years, but it seems like the frequency has really increased this year.

I'm all for new people, but newbies should follow the rules and start small until a reputation is established.

It seems like every day we're getting more and more "Facebook types" attempting to sell here. No references provided. Low post count. Generally doesn't follow the rules. Often times it's a pretty big asking price.

What happened that made this site so popular with these types lately? They used to pop in occasionally over the years, but it seems like the frequency has really increased this year.

Google makes it clear that there is a lot of money available here - in every market from Platinum Age to last weeks comics.

Problem is people treat it like a networking center instead of a community. It's a place to get your username seen.

Having social skills goes a long way to building a customer base, but most internet business is conducted on products being seen, Google, and networking.

This place is not set up for networking, it's set up as a community first. The fact that selling is allowed is a freak of nature. These newbies don't understand the concept. It's just another way to take advantage of the internet to sell their books

What happened that made this site so popular with these types lately?

Too much inventory. The modern market has stalled heavily.

Might help if the modern books didn't suck so bad

I feel like late summer is a tough time to sell, people already spent their summer moneys...and everyone is lazy. Time to sip sangria and watch the Olympics...