• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rich's JULY s/s op pre-sale; SDCC exclusives, Hughes, JSC, HARLEY ongoing thread
3 3

291 posts in this topic

Everyone who DID NOT receive an invoice yet for

HILLBILLY #1 (either standard cover or SDCC exclusive), please PM me.

I'm very tired, I'm still sorting the carnage, and I still have a couple other books to list in this thread.

That being said, if you're taking MULTIPLE COPIES of HILLBILLY, please don't be surprised if I have to start allocating your orders. I need to make sure that there is enough for everyone (these were limited at the show, FYI) and I need to make sure that everyone get's their 9.8 as promised.

This book unexpectedly BLEW UP and everyone wants multiple copies.

Both via this thread AND via PMs.

If you have ANY issues with me not being able to accommodate multiple copies of the same book, by all means, let me know. And by multiple, I mean if you ordered more than TWO copies of this book. I will try to take care of everyone the best I can, but anything beyond 2 or 3 copies per person, just isn't going t happen.

your the man!

Completely unrelated, but I know most of my guys continue to watch this thread----

One of you had contacted me about a HARLEY QUINN ANNUAL #1 s/s Conner & Palmiotti and someone else, I believe, about 4KIDS WALK INTO A BANK #1 C2E2 variant.

I found both books, PM me if you're still interested.

LADYKILLERS 2 #1 s/s Joelle Jones - $135

Only 5 spots on this book

This one was an exclusive early release via Dark Horse at their booth, the actually book doesn't ship until later in August!

ladykillers.jpg

Tomorrow's Ashes SDCC exclusive from Black Mask - $175 each

Only 66 cps in this print run

No signature series available on this one, but I can still offer up 4 spots for 9.8 universal blue

ashes.jpg

Having some problems uploading an image of this next one---and while not a signature series, it was pretty scarce, limited to 250.

Signed and numbered by Jim Davis (his first ever SDCC).

I can't say to how often Jim signs or makes appearances, but I have to guess it's rare.

I'll also have available 2 Garfield comics in 9.8 s/s Jim Davis

For now, 2 copies of his

ART OF JIM DAVIS' GARFIELD SDCC exclusive

$225 shipped anywhere USA (only two available)

Soon as I can get my image to upload, I'll post.

Edited by Rich_Henn

I'll be very limited on this next one, and for the moment I'll only promise either blue label universal 9.8 or s/s Conner & Palmiotti. I don't have a bead for Antgerm yet, but I know I am getting 9.8 candidates on the book.

Harley Quinn #1 ArtGerm variant cover

- $95 blue label

- $145 s/s Conner & Palmiotti

If I can get Art Germ, I will!

harley-quinn-01-stanley-lau-9b8c3.jpg

:takeit:

$145 s/s Conner, Palmiotti, and Art Germ please! Thank you.

Locking down the ArtGerm variant to Harley Quinn Rebirth #1 at this point.

NO MORE SPOTS, the gentleman prior to this post gets the final spot so I can make sure everyone gets the 9.8 that they want.

With the exception of the new items posted today, THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!

This means the only books still up for grabs are the following:

Ladykillers, Tomorrow's Ashes and Garfield.

Thanks everyone for a great July s/s pre-sale thread.

This weekend, we'll get started on the August pre-sale thread, beginning with a new Black Mask title which Third Eye Comics in Annapolis, MD is doing a launch party signing next weekend.

Edited by Rich_Henn

This one was an exclusive early release via Dark Horse at their booth, the actually book doesn't ship until later in August!

ladykillers.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks!

ladykillers.jpg

:takeit: X1 Rich

To EVERYONE who ordered multiple copies of certain SDCC variants, PLEASE don't be surprised or upset if I have to allocate your orders to make sure that EVERYONE who wanted a copy of something gets a copy, and that everyone gets their 9.8

I will absolutely do my best to make sure that all pre-orders are filled to their 9.8 potential.

Many SDCC exclusives were limited, and my business model dictates that you get your 9.8 but I also need to make sure that it's FAIR for EVERYONE. I try to get a few extras of everything for two reasons:

A) To insure there's enough 9.8.....not every book sub'd gets 9.8

So I try to put through a few extra to be sure that I cover everyone's orders.

B) A few for inventory. Looking at these orders, I may have just enough to cover what people asked for.

I'm going through all the SDCC variants this week to make sure I have enough for everyone.

If your order needs to be allocated, I implore you, please be understanding that I need to take care of everyone, and that you don't need five or six copies of one book, so that someone else is shorted. This doesn't mean that you won't get anything, it means you probably won't get more than two of something.

If anyone has any questions or issues to this policy, please feel free to contact me.

If anyone prior to this past weekend still needs to be invoiced, please contact me so I can wrap that up for you.

Edited by Rich_Henn

To EVERYONE who ordered multiple copies of certain SDCC variants, PLEASE don't be surprised or upset if I have to allocate your orders to make sure that EVERYONE who wanted a copy of something gets a copy, and that everyone gets their 9.8

I will absolutely do my best to make sure that all pre-orders are filled to their 9.8 potential.

Many SDCC exclusives were limited, and my business model dictates that you get your 9.8 but I also need to make sure that it's FAIR for EVERYONE. I try to get a few extras of everything for two reasons:

A) To insure there's enough 9.8.....not every book sub'd gets 9.8

So I try to put through a few extra to be sure that I cover everyone's orders.

B) A few for inventory. Looking at these orders, I may have just enough to cover what people asked for.

I'm going through all the SDCC variants this week to make sure I have enough for everyone.

If your order needs to be allocated, I implore you, please be understanding that I need to take care of everyone, and that you don't need five or six copies of one book, so that someone else is shorted. This doesn't mean that you won't get anything, it means you probably won't get more than two of something.

If anyone has any questions or issues to this policy, please feel free to contact me.

If anyone prior to this past weekend still needs to be invoiced, please contact me so I can wrap that up for you.

Dont mind the stupidity of this question Rich but what happens to the books that dont come back 9.8? I imagine you still sell them but where?

Im just curious as so many facilitators like yourself promise and typically deliver as such but there surely must be a 9.6 or less in the group.

Edited by Dwitkin82

Dont mind the stupidity of this question Rich but what happens to the books that dont come back 9.8? I imagine you still sell them but where?

Im just curious as so many facilitators like yourself promise and typically deliver as such but there surely must be a 9.6 or less in the group.

For sake of argument, it falls into play like this.

Let's say there were 10 people who ordered a 9.8 copy of a book, and I sub'd 12 copies of said title.

Out of those 12, lets pretend that only 8 copies did 9.8 and the others did 9.6

The first 8 people who pre-ordered get the 9.8 (obviously).

The last two who ordered get first right of refusal on the 9.6 at a discount (or they're money back). Nobody is obligated to anything less than a 9.8.

So the only fair thing to do is give the first 8 who hit :takeit: their copies and then coordinate with the last two which way they want to roll.

All that being said, I've only had to make that phone call once, maybe twice in all the years I've been doing this. So there's that.

Edited by Rich_Henn

For sake of argument, it falls into play like this.

Let's say there were 10 people who ordered a 9.8 copy of a book, and I sub'd 12 copies of said title.

Out of those 12, lets pretend that only 8 copies did 9.8 and the others did 9.6

The first 8 people who pre-ordered get the 9.8 (obviously).

The last two who ordered get first right of refusal on the 9.6 at a discount (or they're money back). Nobody is obligated to anything less than a 9.8.

So the only fair thing to do is give the first 8 who hit :takeit: their copies and then coordinate with the last two which way they want to roll.

All that being said, I've only had to make that phone call once, maybe twice in all the years I've been doing this. So there's that.

Well that all certainly makes sense. So needless to say there arent many books less the 9.8.

That being explained what then happens to the 9.6's if the people pass on them?

Where/how are they then sold to the gen. public who perhaps arent as grade conscious?

LADY KILLERS 2 #1 s/s Joelle Jones---

Three claimed:

1) NYC13

2) ebixter

3) HartmanHughes

Two spots left.

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE WHO CLAIMED A HILLBILLY #1 (either SDCC or standard cover)

Did a final head count of all copies this afternoon, and ALL PRE- ORDERS WILL BE FILLED with no problems.

LADY KILLERS 2 #1 s/s Joelle Jones---

Three claimed:

1) NYC13

2) ebixter

3) HartmanHughes

Two spots left.

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE WHO CLAIMED A HILLBILLY #1 (either SDCC or standard cover)

Did a final head count of all copies this afternoon, and ALL PRE- ORDERS WILL BE FILLED with no problems.

Thanks Rich! Just sent you a PM re: Invoice!

(thumbs u

UPDATES!

The following are shipping next week (and all are 9.8 as promised) :thumbsup:

Betty & Veronica #1 SDCC, standard & J. Scott Campbell variant

Ladykiller 2

Wonder Woman #1 double signed Cho & Liam Sharp (variant)

Wonder Woman #2 s/s Cho (variant)

Harley Quinn #30 (I think that one may have been in the August thread)

Hillbilly books shouldn't be much longer, or the Batman #1 foil variants---I know everyone is excited for those books.

I'll continue to update as the information comes in.

And from earlier this summer, the double signed Cox & Yung Daredevil 6 & 7, Elektra Assassin #1 s/s Yung

SHIPPING THIS WEEK:

Wonder Woman #1 cho variant s/s Cho & Sharp

Wonder Woman #2 cho variant s/s Cho

Ladykiller 2 #1 s/s Joelle Jones

Betty & Veronica #1 J. Scott Campbell variant

Betty & Veronica #1 SDCC variant

Betty & Veronica #1 standard cover

SHIPPING NEXT WEEK:

Daredevil #6 s/s Cox & Yung (from an earlier thread, but they're rolling out)

Hillbilly and Snotgirl books should be shipping out in just another few weeks.

Thank you all for your patience as we barrel through the balance of the June-Aug threads!

BTW----all of the Harley Quinn #1 ArtGerm variants are being signed by Artgerm this week.

Jimmy & Amanda signed at Boston. :thumbsup:

wonder1.jpg

wonder2.jpg

ladykiller.jpg