• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jupiter's Children

526 posts in this topic

That Jae Lee art wasn't so great for me either. I'm not a fan of his X-factor stuff either. On the other Sentry blew me away. He started drawing people more anatomically correct and I was hooked. Hi run of Wolverine covers are some of my absolute favorite covers in my collection. If you stopped at Namor, I completely get why you're not enamored with him. Especially after following one of the best ever, mr John Byrne. Have I ever mentioned how much I loved Byrne's early Fantastic Four run ? lol

In my old age I understand that art is different for everyone.

Jae Lee replaced Byrne on Namor and I just never got him. It was such a totally different approach.

Jae Lee was a sloppierMark Texiera-lite early on in his career. His Namor and then his Wildcats Trilogy turned me off to him totally. But then his Sentry and Inhumans and then later, his Hulk vs Thing and other books? Dear god were those beautiful books. He came a LONG way, radically changed his art while keeping a distinct style, and then when he eventually moved onto the early Dark Tower book, that's the only reason I even bought it. For his art alone.

Jae Lee, Frank Quitely, Travis Charest... those guys can just draw with some life-like detail.

Well # 2 is out and

Quitely does the best fight sequences period.

He does a lot of things extremely well. I'm consistently amazed by the quality of this run. Millar and Quitely are putting out a story that will be discussed for years after it ends. Greatness. The fight scene and the imagination it took to create it are just incredible. (thumbs u

Well # 2 is out and

He does a lot of things extremely well. I'm consistently amazed by the quality of this run. Millar and Quitely are putting out a story that will be discussed for years after it ends. Greatness. The fight scene and the imagination it took to create it are just incredible. (thumbs u

:gossip:Did you know that,

They have plans for a movie or two?

Well # 2 is out and

:gossip:Did you know that,

They have plans for a movie or two?

Nope, but I'd be happy to watch them. (thumbs u

I like everybody you named. What I love about Quitely are the intricacies. A smirk looks like a smirk. When a character gets the wind knocked out of them, their cheeks expand. His Wolverine looks angry and his Superman is jovial. His body language gives us an oafish looking Clark Kent that looks like a guy you wouldn't notice, even though he's actually a powerhouse known as Superman. Fine lines stand out too. He and Jae Lee understand if a hand moves this way, an arm should look like...people love them or hate them.

As in all art, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (thumbs u

Frank Quitely is the only modern artists whose OA I've seriously researched..... I would love to own the right All Star Superman or Jupiter's Legacy page :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just caught up with issue #4. It is tough to describe how great this book is but its easy to note that Marvel and DC should try to be more like this series. A throwback in that its always interesting and the action feels more like a movie than a comic. This and Black Hammer are the 2 best team books on the market. This is also 2nd only to The Authority as far as the best books that Millar has written to date. Does anyone know if Volume 2 is the end or just a chapter in the series ?

Just caught up with issue #4. It is tough to describe how great this book is but its easy to note that Marvel and DC should try to be more like this series. A throwback in that its always interesting and the action feels more like a movie than a comic. This and Black Hammer are the 2 best team books on the market. This is also 2nd only to The Authority as far as the best books that Millar has written to date. Does anyone know if Volume 2 is the end or just a chapter in the series ?

I think it is 3 seires of 6 issues arks.

Great series with lots of references to old school stuff. I truly hate waiting until 2019 to read the next chapter but this series is special. Millar and Quitely know how to take the money out of pockets without making it hurt.