• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

I'm not surprised. That trailer was fantastic!

Wonder Woman Was Most-Discussed Trailer On Twitter During Comic-Con

ListenFirst rated the Twitter activity for the week of July 18th through July 24th, and while Suicide Squad gave a great performance for the number 2 slot, it just couldn't beat Wonder Woman, which took the top honors with ease (via The Wall Street Journal). The trailer received plenty of positive buzz, even above new footage from Warner Bros. big team-up film Justice League.

Coming in at number 3 is Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, while Marvel takes the 4th spot with Doctor Strange. Rounding out the top 5 is Blair Witch, which before Comic-Con was going by the title The Woods. The surprise was well received, and anticipation for that project has skyrocketed.

I'm not surprised. That trailer was fantastic!

Wonder Woman Was Most-Discussed Trailer On Twitter During Comic-Con

ListenFirst rated the Twitter activity for the week of July 18th through July 24th, and while Suicide Squad gave a great performance for the number 2 slot, it just couldn't beat Wonder Woman, which took the top honors with ease (via The Wall Street Journal). The trailer received plenty of positive buzz, even above new footage from Warner Bros. big team-up film Justice League.

Coming in at number 3 is Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, while Marvel takes the 4th spot with Doctor Strange. Rounding out the top 5 is Blair Witch, which before Comic-Con was going by the title The Woods. The surprise was well received, and anticipation for that project has skyrocketed.

So that Justice League trailer wasn't even in the top 5 most discussed trailers on twitter?

That horrid Blair Witch remake that looks exactly like the first one with better cinematography faired better? Oooooofah.

So that Justice League trailer wasn't even in the top 5 most discussed trailers on twitter?

That horrid Blair Witch remake that looks exactly like the first one with better cinematography faired better? Oooooofah.

I was surprised at that as well. That JL trailer, though pieced together rather quickly, told all it needed to about the main heroes and the tone of the film to make it that much more exciting. 2017 can't get here soon enough.

I was surprised at that as well. That JL trailer, though pieced together rather quickly, told all it needed to about the main heroes and the tone of the film to make it that much more exciting. 2017 can't get here soon enough.

Is everyone more or less excited than they were about Dawn of Justice? :fear:

I'm reserving judgement for the final product. I was excited about the announcement of BvS, the disappointed by the casting, then excited once again for the trailer, then disappointed by the theatrical release.....the ultimate edition picked up my spirits and hope a bit....but until they demonstrate that they can do better I'm guarded in my expectations.

I'm reserving judgement for the final product. I was excited about the announcement of BvS, the disappointed by the casting, then excited once again for the trailer, then disappointed by the theatrical release.....the ultimate edition picked up my spirits and hope a bit....but until they demonstrate that they can do better I'm guarded in my expectations.

I'm equally excited. But I'm more excited about Wonder Woman than I was before, and MUCH more excited about the Flash movie. I have very little faith that Zack Snyder can pull off what it appears that he is being FORCED to pull off, in terms of tone.

for BVS, even though the tone was dark, I think more people had problems with the actual storyline and the editing more than the tone. If it was an actual good movie that made sense, the dark tone would have been of much less consequence. But since their were other failings, the dark tone got blasted too, whereas I don't think that was the main reason the movie failed.

If they overcorrect on tone but don't address the actual main issues, like huge plot holes, terrible editing, too much crammed storyline, incoherent sound, ill explained motivations, it won't help ENOUGH.

I'm equally excited. But I'm more excited about Wonder Woman than I was before, and MUCH more excited about the Flash movie. I have very little faith that Zack Snyder can pull off what it appears that he is being FORCED to pull off, in terms of tone.

for BVS, even though the tone was dark, I think more people had problems with the actual storyline and the editing more than the tone. If it was an actual good movie that made sense, the dark tone would have been of much less consequence. But since their were other failings, the dark tone got blasted too, whereas I don't think that was the main reason the movie failed.

If they overcorrect on tone but don't address the actual main issues, like huge plot holes, terrible editing, too much crammed storyline, incoherent sound, ill explained motivations, it won't help ENOUGH.

All I know is I am glad they listened to accessndx about Ezra Miller's helmet hair.

:jokealert:

Although I enjoyed the BvS Theatrical Cut though recognizing the editing was a problem, the BvS Ultimate Cut really does a better job with this film.

But I do agree, if WB overreacts to the negative feedback it received, that could lead to new hurdles. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I do think it was a shame some people in Hall H booed Zack Snyder when he showed up at the short Justice League panel. You don't hear it as loud because reporters are saying people cheered over the negative response to cancel out the booes. He didn't deserve that treatment, as the editing was something probably forced by the studio.

All I know is I am glad they listened to accessndx about Ezra Miller's helmet hair.

:jokealert:

Although I enjoyed the BvS Theatrical Cut though recognizing the editing was a problem, the BvS Ultimate Cut really does a better job with this film.

But I do agree, if WB overreacts to the negative feedback it received, that could lead to new hurdles. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I do think it was a shame some people in Hall H booed Zack Snyder when he showed up at the short Justice League panel. You don't hear it as loud because reporters are saying people cheered over the negative response to cancel out the booes. He didn't deserve that treatment, as the editing was something probably forced by the studio.

The studio had to cut it down, people aren't going to watch movies that are 3 hrs long in the theatre, and certainly young people can't last that long. A LOT of directors can make good films with unlimited funds and unlimited time. One of the key roles of a director is to tell the story in the ALLOTTED time. Snyder didn't do that with BVS. And maybe he couldn't based on the -script (which is a an original screenplay, not an adaption), in which case he should have fought the studio harder for a different -script. Either way, he signed on to do the movie, either knowing it would be too long from the start and taking his chances but being arrogant enough to think he could edit properly, or accidentally making it way too long. Either way, the blame or the glory would have been his.

I'm sure he's confident enough to believe he can redeem himself with JL, but with EVEN MORE CHARACTERS and a seemingly lighter tone he isn't used to....good Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman reviews and box offices will do a lot more for JL than a trailer.

The studio had to cut it down, people aren't going to watch movies that are 3 hrs long in the theatre, and certainly young people can't last that long. A LOT of directors can make good films with unlimited funds and unlimited time. One of the key roles of a director is to tell the story in the ALLOTTED time. Snyder didn't do that with BVS. And maybe he couldn't based on the -script (which is a an original screenplay, not an adaption), in which case he should have fought the studio harder for a different -script. Either way, he signed on to do the movie, either knowing it would be too long from the start and taking his chances but being arrogant enough to think he could edit properly, or accidentally making it way too long. Either way, the blame or the glory would have been his.

I'm sure he's confident enough to believe he can redeem himself with JL, but with EVEN MORE CHARACTERS and a seemingly lighter tone he isn't used to....good Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman reviews and box offices will do a lot more for JL than a trailer.

From what we saw so far, Wonder Woman appears to be going down the right path. Though I did find it interesting the first director that quit said it was over differences with WB in having big battle scenes which the studio didn't want. WW I is quit the big battle scene to me.

Suicide Squad will be interesting to see how that goes over. The last trailer seemed to have its own legs that the other trailers and TV spots seemed locked in on one theme (a whole bunch of bad guys in a crazy situation). With the director on that film, I have high hopes.

Proof then that despite the criticism, BvS is a true roller coaster ride of emotions ;)

Proof then that despite the criticism, BvS is a true roller coaster ride of emotions ;)

It had some decent moments sprinkled throughout, abeit some really terrible ones as well.

It had some decent moments sprinkled throughout, abeit some really terrible ones as well.

My Ultimate Edition should arrive any day now :banana:

Hopefully you find some good in this version.

(:

Not sure hm

I haven't seen this version, so that must mean I hate it already and will have to spend pages and pages telling everyone not to waste their money ;)

Hopefully you find some good in this version.

(:

Not sure hm

I haven't seen this version, so that must mean I hate it already and will have to spend pages and pages telling everyone not to waste their money ;)

foiled-again.jpg