• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Rebirth Issues and Thoughts on the Relaunch and Each Title

317 posts in this topic

I'm pissed Red Hood was sold out when I hit my store. Didn't order a copy. Ah well I'll get one this weekend at a different store.

I ended up grabbing:

Titans #1 variant - sweet cover!

Flash #3

Nightwing #1 variant - sweet cover!

Action #960 variant - best cover of the week? Toss up with Titans.

Hal Jordan and the GL Corps #1

Detective #937 variant

Is Flash 3 considered

the first appearance of Godspeed? Not counting the earlier cameo in either Flash Rebirth 1 or Flash 1 (I can't remember which).

Trying not to ruin it for those that haven't read it.

Edited by Elwinmonseyjr

A couple of questions about Dr. Manhattan, and Simon Baz..not sure where else to post this....

Can someone clue me in on what role Simon Baz has in DC Rebirth?

His 1st App. is Green Lantern #0 (New 52)...this seller states he is the new G:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-LANTERN-0-1-25-SKETCH-VARIANT-REBIRTH-ORIGIN-SIMON-BAZ-NEW-GL-OF-EARTH-/172188305954?hash=item2817390a22%3Ag%3AVVkAAOSwVghXEZS4&nma=true&si=VeD7mmFXp0rUf2iGq1cRRq6siew%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I have a raw copy of this book, the 1:25 variant...can't imagine it won't come back at 9.8, will be subbing it @ the Mohegun Sun con.

Looks to move at around $140-$150 in 9.8.....

Also have the 1:25 variant covers of Before Watchmen Dr Manhattan #1-4, plan on subbing them at Mohegun Sun, as well.

Basically, I want to know what the shelf life is on the Dr Manhattan 1:25 variants and the GL 0 1:25 variant.I fast track all my subs anyway but I'd still like to know the importance of these 2 characters.

I know the basics about Dr. Manhattan apparently creating the DC universae,just wanna know if that is panning out to be the truth.

So I was down in Connecticut for a wedding over the weekend and we stopped at Newbury comics in MA on the way back north yesterday. They had a DC 50% off sale all week that ended on Sunday, lucked out on that one. Grabbed my Red Hood, and picked up all the A covers of Detective #935-937 and Wonder Woman #1-3 for $1.49 a piece. Super happy since I don't have those titles on my pull list and they're always sold out of cover A when I go to my LCS after work on Wednesdays.

So I was down in Connecticut for a wedding over the weekend and we stopped at Newbury comics in MA on the way back north yesterday. They had a DC 50% off sale all week that ended on Sunday, lucked out on that one. Grabbed my Red Hood, and picked up all the A covers of Detective #935-937 and Wonder Woman #1-3 for $1.49 a piece. Super happy since I don't have those titles on my pull list and they're always sold out of cover A when I go to my LCS after work on Wednesdays.

Good god that's a great sale. That's dcbs deals in store.

Yeah it was. Great time to stock up if you were planning on speculating on any rebirth titles, they had quite a bit of stock, must have over ordered. Only thing they were short of were all the Rebirth #1 issues and some of the popular #1 titles like Superman. No early Flash at all or Titans B cover, but plenty of Titans A cover. I'm not speculating at all on Rebirth, everything I get is for my PC / reading enjoyment.

I'm still spending $20+ a week and don't see it dropping anytime soon.

This week had some weaker variants unless you were into the Harley power ball lottery going on.

Picked up all the A covers of

Batman #4

Superman #4

Justice League #2

Nightwing #2 <- new villain on the cover, first ap. was #1 though

Harley Quinn #1 - This one has a printing error showing it as a second printing. I'm sure it doesn't matter in terms of spec as it's a high print run

Edited by Couchy81

I second that in a few months that will be an out and out steal.

more pages, more money

Almost twice the amount of pages?

Any of this weeks books or variants recommended or you have stopped reading?

The jock variant for all star batman and the terry Dodson variant for superwoman are my musts this week.