• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lone Ranger

9 posts in this topic

This title was started a few years ago through Dynamite Entertainment.

LONE RANGER #1-John Cassady did covers, Sergio Cariello did interiors and writing was done by Brett Matthews. The run was pretty good and is currently collected in TPB. Same team did the LONE RANGER & TONTO mini-series which was also good.

I stopped after reading the LONE RANGER / ZORRO teamup. The writer was Ande Parks and pencils by Esteve Pols. I was excited about the LONE RANGER / ZORRO teamup comic but it wasn't drawn or written particularly well. Only thing good about it was the amazing Alex Ross covers.

That team wrote Vol. #2 of the series but their last mini-series left a horrible taste in my mouth.f.

Chuck Dixon wrote a mini-series (LONE RANGER: SNAKE OF IRON) I haven't had a chance to read but he's a great writer so you can't go wrong with that.

The next mini-series (LONE RANGER: VINDICATED) was written by Justin Gray (co-writer w/ Jimmy Palmiotti of the amazing JONAH HEX comic from DC COMICS).

The newest is a novel idea but written by a bad writer -- LONE RANGER / GREEN HORNET is written by Michael Uslan w/ art by Giovanni Timpano. Not wasting my money on this one, sadly. I don't have faith in his ability as a writer after I read comic of his from Dynamite.

ZORRO and ZORRO RIDES again are great if you're interested in good stories on the western front. Written by Mark Wagner, it's definitely worth checking out.