• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B.E.K Black Eyed Kids from Aftershock comics

148 posts in this topic

Is there anything planned for Aftershock at SDCC this year??

We won't have a booth at SDCC this year (there's a LONG waiting list to get in). We'll be there, but we won't have a physical presence on the floor. Hopefully next year we can move up the waiting list and get a booth.

My LCS still had 1-3, so I had to pick it up. Super stoked!!! (thumbs u

Hope you enjoy it and come back for issue #4.

I will let you know in the next day or so. I sure do appreciate you sharing with us on the boards. It makes it really easy to want to support artists like yourself. :headbang:

1-3 were great. Everyone should be reading this book. Dark, mysterious, and keeps you wanting more!
1-3 were great. Everyone should be reading this book. Dark, mysterious, and keeps you wanting more!

Another victim...uh...I mean fan of the BEK. :-)

Just heard from Diamond today that our comic titles schedule to ship July 20 have been delayed to the following week. That means that Second Sight #6, Captain Kid #1, and...gasp... Black-Eyed Kid #4 will now be on sale July 27. Sorry, guys! Not our fault The issues are at Diamond, but a computer error caused the delay.

Just heard from Diamond today that our comic titles schedule to ship July 20 have been delayed to the following week. That means that Second Sight #6, Captain Kid #1, and...gasp... Black-Eyed Kid #4 will now be on sale July 27. Sorry, guys! Not our fault The issues are at Diamond, but a computer error caused the delay.

Damn!!! However, Good things come to those that wait.

+1

This book has been right on time. Looking forward to the 27th. :applause:

Delays like that for reasons completely out of your hands just suck. But, I suppose we can wait 7 more days .... !

On a completely off-topic side note, I absolutely LOVED the final issue of Dreaming Eagles. Some great stuff coming from Aftershock, no doubt.

+1

This book has been right on time. Looking forward to the 27th. :applause:

Issue 6 is already drawn. I'll be finishing up the -script to issue 7 over the weekend. We'll stay on schedule. Don't worry.

And thanks for understanding.

Delays like that for reasons completely out of your hands just suck. But, I suppose we can wait 7 more days .... !

On a completely off-topic side note, I absolutely LOVED the final issue of Dreaming Eagles. Some great stuff coming from Aftershock, no doubt.

Well, at least there will be a shorter wait between issue 4 and 5. :-) Got my copies of issue 4 today. Very happy with it.

Have to agree with you on DREAMING EAGLES. Love that series. I'm having drinks with Garth at SDCC so I'll let him know you approved of his final issue. :-)

We're doing a hardcover edition of it to debut at NYCC. Garth will be doing a signing with us at the AfterShock booth there as well, so if you're at the con be sure to stop by and introduce yourself.

Heading out to SDCC Wednesday morning. If any of you see me out there (we won't have a booth, but I'll be walking around) fee free to stop me to chat if you want to talk about BEK or anything AfterShock related. Thanks for all your support to date. Hope we can grow this company with great fans such as yourselves at our side.

Also, as far as speculation goes, you guys should look into the incentive covers we offered with our June titles. A few of those covers have less than 100 copies in current circulation. Very rare.

Heading out to SDCC Wednesday morning. If any of you see me out there (we won't have a booth, but I'll be walking around) fee free to stop me to chat if you want to talk about BEK or anything AfterShock related. Thanks for all your support to date. Hope we can grow this company with great fans such as yourselves at our side.

Also, as far as speculation goes, you guys should look into the incentive covers we offered with our June titles. A few of those covers have less than 100 copies in current circulation. Very rare.

Enjoy SDCC. Thanks for the print run information!

Out tomorrow. BLACK-EYED KIDS #4.

Out Wednesday, August 10, BLACK-EYED KIDS #5. Yep, you read that right. Only two weeks later. We had already planned a short 3 week gap between the two issues, but with Diamond's mistake, delaying issue #4 by a week, the two issues are now only two weeks apart.

Finishing up the -script to issue #7 this week (on sale in October) and there's a particularly creepy scene in the issue that my wife won't let me repeat to her. Must be doing something right. :-)

Well, thank you and thanks again. lol

This book is at the top of the read pile. Black Eyed Kids, Black Hammer, Black Science, and Back in Black. All great stuff.

Let me guess...you're a man in black??? hm

:jokealert:

just saw a theme going... :foryou:

lol

This book is at the top of the read pile. Black Eyed Kids, Black Hammer, Black Science, and Back in Black. All great stuff.

lol [/quote

I also have a rather black pull list with BEK, Black Hammer, Black Science, Black Road. There is also a Black Mask book Black coming out that looks good.

lol [/quote

I also have a rather black pull list with BEK, Black Hammer, Black Science, Black Road. There is also a Black Mask book Black coming out that looks good.

#BlackBooksMatter