• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

Well IDW has spooned the pooch.

CANCELING Transformers:More than meets the Eye, and replacing it with this ongoing....

lostlight1.jpg

Also, Optimus Prime will be getting an Ongoing Series?!?!?!? (Hasbro is now reaching really hard)

John Barber, former editor of all Hasbro titles for IDW has stepped down, and is now going to be writing this series.

optimusprime1.jpg

This whole "Shared universe" with M.A.S.K. and G.I. Joe is just the hand of Hasbro once again forcing stuff into stories that have no place really. As unhappy as I am I will give these a shot, but if they don't pull it together and make it not seem like a toy advertisement I may finally be out of the Transformers collecting game and put up my whole run for sale. (that's how much I cannot stand the Hand of Hasbro messing with what IDW has worked very hard to establish).

I am sure there are other books that are going to get the Axe, like I think Formerly Robots In Disguise (Current Self Title) may be getting the axe in Favor of the Optimus Ongoing.

We shall see what else comes through the news.

Can I call dibs on your Orion Pax RI and #9 Auto Assembly variant?

We'll see how it goes with the new direction. Usually when the Good Idea Fairy shows up, stupid things follow.

As much as I HATE that they are stopping the Transformers numbering run we had (I wanted a true #100!), I think they are going to basically be the same story continuing. MTMTE is based on the Lost Light, so being named such doesn't bother me (but why is Rodimus colored that way? ugh...) The formerly R.I.D being named Optimus Prime is basically the same to me also. R.I.D. was starting to focus on Optimus more, so why not...? Plus we will still have Till All Are One focusing on Cybertron.

I am with you in that I hope we aren't forced into too many crossovers with the other franchises. I'm interested in how they merge everything together. I'm kinda liking Micronauts, and really liked the ROM FCBD issue, so I hope those don't get messed up as well.

I hope the paint job means Rodimus goes Shattered Glass on us and becomes ruthless. This is also a MAJOR SPOILER for those reading......you've been warned........

Megatron is on Rodimus' left side on what will likely be a gatefold cover RI, and 5 covers just like MTMTE launched.

Matrix is Half shattered, no wonder.

Some people are OK with renaming the titles because yes, Formerly RID has been all about Prime since Dark Cybertron basically, with the little Prowl plot while Prime went and handled business in Combiner Wars so that is an Easy transition to a new series and kinda needed with some of the hasbro forced stuff lately.

MTMTE should have been left alone, and sadly Alex Milne will not be doing the art on Issue #1 of Lost Light.

I hope IDW doesn't screw up Transformers with these new on-goings. I would have preferred they left MOTME/exRID in their own universe and just created a new Transformers title for the shared universe. I will give it 6 issues or so and see how it goes.

Edited by FutureFlash

Well......

Another really hard to find MTMTE #12 RI just popped up on eBay

It's been a while since I have seen one for sale, but this one looks like a 8.5/9.0 copy. There are a few beat up copies of RID #12 RI out there right now too with the Ziggy Stardust swipe. I sold one for $50 a few moths back that was a 9.4/9.6 copy.

Well......

Another really hard to find MTMTE #12 RI just popped up on eBay

It's been a while since I have seen one for sale, but this one looks like a 8.5/9.0 copy. There are a few beat up copies of RID #12 RI out there right now too with the Ziggy Stardust swipe. I sold one for $50 a few moths back that was a 9.4/9.6 copy.

I feel like I was fortunate to find one in the back issue bin of a local shop for $6. It graded to a CGC 9.8. Kinda nuts to see what those are going for.

Hello everybody, I just wanted to share/show off this slab I submitted back during it's release, I'm into error versions of certain books, and when I heard about this one I went out of my way to secure a few copies, it's few and far between to see any show up anywhere on the net, so back to the regular scheduled program.

IMG_3062.JPG_zpsjpm0dvh7.jpg

The error is incorrect text on page 5? I really avoid all the TF movie books like this. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice book and I know there is a small following of the movie stuff, but that isn't part of the IDW G1 continuty.

The IDW G1 continuity EXCLUDES all the following Transformers lines:

Marvel

Dreamwave

Marvel UK

Regenration One

and Movie Universe

All of these are seen to be somewhat outdated storywise,

Also, any of the previous crossovers of G.I. Joe and Transformers are excluded from the huge continuity IDW has worked very hard to build with the approval of fans and Hasbro alike.

This is why I like IDW G1 the most. Complexly woven plots, long story lines that all tie together. Even with changes in writers, the newer people can always pull from continuity.

The error is incorrect text on page 5? I really avoid all the TF movie books like this. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice book and I know there is a small following of the movie stuff, but that isn't part of the IDW G1 continuty.

The IDW G1 continuity EXCLUDES all the following Transformers lines:

Marvel

Dreamwave

Marvel UK

Regenration One

and Movie Universe

All of these are seen to be somewhat outdated storywise,

Also, any of the previous crossovers of G.I. Joe and Transformers are excluded from the huge continuity IDW has worked very hard to build with the approval of fans and Hasbro alike.

This is why I like IDW G1 the most. Complexly woven plots, long story lines that all tie together. Even with changes in writers, the newer people can always pull from continuity.

What the!? really, this was your response to my post.

I know what the thread is named, but I really didn't think that you would respond like this, what with the simple share of my slab, shesh didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I liked this thread and read it alot, but now I like it alot less.

The DYING OF THE LIGHT PART 5! (Waiting on my RI cover still) but WOW was this a great read.

Remain in Light (MTMTE #17-21) and Dying of the light (#50-55(6)? seem to be the 2 stand out arcs of this series (Now in its twilight thanks to Revolution.) So many reveals in this one, we find out who Tarn is, and we also get to see a couple of reveals, and a classic TF characters death.

And of course, in typical James Roberts writing fashion, more questions than answers!!!!!

RECOMMEND this one! Even if you don't read any other Transformers books, ever, this arc is awesome.

Regular cover A says it all.

scan0039.jpg

Hello everybody, I just wanted to share/show off this slab I submitted back during it's release, I'm into error versions of certain books, and when I heard about this one I went out of my way to secure a few copies, it's few and far between to see any show up anywhere on the net

I'm sorry if you felt offended, This ^ is why. Coming in here to "share" the fact you have multiple copies of an error book that nobody wants, seems like you are trying to pump and dump in my thread. The movie universe suff is the worst IDW and Transformers ever had their logos on, I hope you can at least get your grading fees back on that scrap paper you got graded.

I don't know if they sell for big $ graded, nor do I care at this point.

I may not have cared so much about the RegenOne stuff becasue the people posting it actually have tried to contribute to this thread. So please either stay on topic, or create your own thread about the movie books, or find an error book thread as those are the only appropriate places to post your book in.

It doesn't sound like you are a Transformers fan at all, but chase error books. Well, this is where we appreciate the well written stories of IDW, not the .

so back to the regular scheduled program.

Yes.....like stuff related to the topic. Thanks for playing!

SINS OF THE WRECKERS 1-5 RI covers!

scan0027.jpg

scan0028.jpg

scan0029.jpg

scan0030.jpg

scan0031.jpg

I think it's important for the community to know I tried to place an order for a Transformers book

Dimebag_D had for sale on his eBay store, linked in his profile, and because I scolded him for his off topic post and possible pump and dump in a Transformers related thread I have in the modern section, he just canceled the order, refunded my $12.21 cents and blocked from being able to purchase from him. Which, may be a blessing.

I am a fair person. It's not like I was going to leave bad feedback for his post, that is a childish move. I just wanted to buy a Transformers book because I collect them.

For someone on these boards for 10 years, and an eBay seller, that is a really scum-bag thing to do.

Way to be a player!

Edited by UltraMaximus

You assume alot un-needlessly in that first reply, a simple please stay on topic would have been easier, and would have been nice.

You are right I have been here for 10yrs so I know which thread is the correct place to sell my $#!%, had I been trying to sell in this thread I would have just said so, why beat around the bush? I'm really perplexed that out of my original post that's what you took from it.

again I have been here for 10yrs so I seen a lot people act in bizarre manners, pretty much almost seen it all basically, almost like they are on meds, if that's the case just say so, then I will stop right here.

If not the case... Then you are ^*$&*#$^&(^$ . do you treat people in the street like that? Diluted is one word to describe you so far.

I think that you do treat peeps with disrespect and get away with it, that's why you have crocodile tears that I canceled your order and blocked you, cause you didn't get your way...childish, and to further illustrate your cognitive dissonance to reality, you even admit to scolding me, which was not needed, and go out of your way to buy from me on eBay immediately after!?!? what with all the harsh finger pointing and i'll temper there's no way in the world I will sell to anybody who acts like that on these boards.

I'm done with this (DROPS THE MIC).

Let me pick up that mic and slap you around a little bit.

It was an OBVIOUS PUMP AND DUMP. You got caught. GET OUT and DON'T COME BACK.

Buying from you was supposed to show that I had no serious ill will, I collect Transformers books, so yeah, when I see a Transformers book I want, I buy it. It's probably best as you use stock pictures and the book probably wasn't even the one shown, or in condition as you described, and in that case I would have negative feedbacked a bad seller who deserved it.

So I looked into things, and can see you have been on probation here for being a scum bag, so I was right that it translates to real life. I never forget a scum bags face, especially one with such a "Stellar" reputation:

blueflamer.jpg

You have a PR nightmare on your hands. Don't come back.

Edited by UltraMaximus

Let me pick up that mic and slap you around a little bit.

It was an OBVIOUS PUMP AND DUMP. You got caught. GET OUT and DON'T COME BACK.

Buying from you was supposed to show that I had no serious ill will, I collect Transformers books, so yeah, when I see a Transformers book I want, I buy it. It's probably best as you use stock pictures and the book probably wasn't even the one shown, or in condition as you described, and in that case I would have negative feedbacked a bad seller who deserved it.

So I looked into things, and can see you have been on probation here for being a scum bag, so I was right that it translates to real life. I never forget a scum bags face, especially one with such a "Stellar" reputation:

blueflamer.jpg

You have a PR nightmare on your hands. Don't come back.

OWNED

I'm not going to pick up any of the Revolution books that aren't specifically in the TF line. I can't justify it. MASK was cool when I had some of the toys in the 80s. I like GI Joe but haven't gone out of my way to read it since Image/DDP had the license in the early to mid 2000s. I very much enjoy reading the IDW G1 books, but it's hard to enjoy when Hasbro runs interference because they have some toy scheme in mind. I just want to get past this little merged continuity and get back to reading good stories that hopefully won't involve Snake Eyes teaming with Cobra Commander to take out Predaking or something.

Transformers #55 was leaked last week on Comixology Canada, and there were some spoilers on some Transformers based boards, beware, they are blatant spoilers! It has since been taken down, and will be available on Wednesday. I spoiled myself, but still looking forward to the reading experience.

I also have to say that Titans Return was a great bridge, and even though Livio Ramondelli was on art, I could make out the pages this time! lol

Livio's artwork is good most of the time, but if it weren't for reading a digital copy on my tablet, I probably couldn't tell what happens in some panels. I can see why people have gripes.

Story-wise, the set up for Titans Return seems to come out of the last 2 issues of Former RID (53-54 mostly, but the whole All Hail Optimus story is great, recommend it). The new threat facing the IDWverse's Transformers?

The Return of Sentinel Prime who was killed by Megatron in Megatron Origin mini series in the very early IDW days

The one shot touches on the Lost Light crew, and tries to tie everything in.

I'm not going to pick up any of the Revolution books that aren't specifically in the TF line. I can't justify it. MASK was cool when I had some of the toys in the 80s. I like GI Joe but haven't gone out of my way to read it since Image/DDP had the license in the early to mid 2000s. I very much enjoy reading the IDW G1 books, but it's hard to enjoy when Hasbro runs interference because they have some toy scheme in mind. I just want to get past this little merged continuity and get back to reading good stories that hopefully won't involve Snake Eyes teaming with Cobra Commander to take out Predaking or something.

REVOLUTION!!! They have the main mini series, and then the specific #1 one-shots with the current title names (MTMTE, and Formerly RID).These one-shots are the "DC Rebirth of IDW Transformers" I believe due to solicits for September, I see #57 solicited for both titles, but not sure whether or not October we get the relaunches.

All we know is the Cybertronian race is responsible for creating M.A.S.K.from all the events that create whoever else is from Earth, tie into G.I. Joe, and somehow ROM will be linked in there too. Willing to bet the Galactic Council will show up in other books too. I saw a Revolution #0 from SDCC, that is the story in the back of Titans Return #1 I believe showing the interconnections.