• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Travels of Kraven the Hunter
6 6

1,586 posts in this topic

Let's get caught up on Kraven's tripwith me to San Diego. Kraven didn't want to hang at the convention, so he went off on his own for a bit after we walked around the city for a bit...

Kraven and I getting ready to get on our plane to San Diego...

135.jpg

My frustration at having found a set of keys I thought lost - my frustration stems from me having to drill out a perfectly good gun lock because I could not find the keys...which were embarrassingly in my backpack. Of course I had combed through the backpack and couldn't find them :mad: Kraven snickered.

I sense Gremlins at work...

136.jpg

Kraven and I landed without any problems. I slept the entire flight and am sure the entire plane heard me snoring.

After checking into our room, Kraven wanted to walk around and check out San Diego.

"Good to know where this is," Kraven said gleefully.

137.jpg

I decided to take a cab back to my place and had the good fortune of meeting Juana who had been driving taxi in SD for over twenty-five years! She was a very nice lady with a great sense of humor. She even let Kraven ride in front with her. I got her number and was sure to call her whenever I needed a lift.

Every taxi driver I talked to at SD said business had dropped substantially because of Uber, and that they did not get much more business during SDCC. I only use taxis when in SD and I always tip well. I talked to one taxi driver who told me he had two fares in two days - that's it!

144.jpg

I took Kraven to a local charity to drop off a few comics...

130.jpg

that is awesome Royce.

Thanks! I give away tons of stuff every year to a cosplay group that does pediatric ward visits all over the state. You've got to give back, it can't all be me, me ,me, me. There are a lot of extremely generous people on these boards. (thumbs u

Ten years ago would I have done this? Probably not. I would have tossed them in a fifty cent or dollar box and taken them to shows.

Kraven also decided to call it a night and told me he'd be going solo for the rest of the week. Surprisingly, unlike some of my other friends, I didn't get a call from Kraven asking me to bond him out jail or some other silly jam.

I will say when Kraven and I met back up, he wasn't quite the same...hopefully I'll find out what happened to him during his solo time in SD.

154.jpg