• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,403 posts in this topic

that was an incredible looking 8.0 - hey Gator how were the grades of the SC4s you saw though? 6+ stuff?

A 4.5,4.0 and 3.0 sold at Sdcc. One 6.5 and a restored 8.5 did not

There's a CGC 7.5 and a restored CGC 7.5 that'll be in our August Prime auction:

Showcase (1956-1978) 4 CGC 7.5

Showcase (1956-1978) 4 CGC 7.5 Restored

There's a CGC 7.5 and a restored CGC 7.5 that'll be in our August Prime auction:

Showcase (1956-1978) 4 CGC 7.5

Showcase (1956-1978) 4 CGC 7.5 Restored

Congrats on selling the 8.0. Is the 7.5 CGC Universal in the August Prime auction from the same collection of the 8.0 which just sold?

Congrats on selling the 8.0. Is the 7.5 CGC Universal in the August Prime auction from the same collection of the 8.0 which just sold?

Judging by the CGC numbers (and both copies having WP), I'd say most definitely.

Wonder just how many more high grade copies such as these two are out in the wild. hm

Judging by the CGC numbers (and both copies having WP), I'd say most definitely.

Wonder just how many more high grade copies such as these two are out in the wild. hm

hm It's truly amazing to see two copies in HG with WP's. This is another indication that SC4 was printed with better paper than BB28 or SC22. SC22 is the rarest of the top three DC SA in HG. :)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

hm It's truly amazing to see two copies in HG with WP's. This is another indication that SC4 was printed with better paper than BB28 or SC22. SC22 is the rarest of the top three DC SA in HG. :)

17 copies of sc 4 in 8.0 and above and 15 copies of sc 22 in 8.0 and above...pretty comparable...

17 copies of sc 4 in 8.0 and above and 15 copies of sc 22 in 8.0 and above...pretty comparable...

The current CGC census on 8.0+ for those two books. (thumbs u Currently on the CGC census, there are 366 SC4 graded and 724 SC22 graded. SC4 is an older book...about three years older. Definitely a more scarce book during a quiet period for Super-Heroes. Assume if all the SC4 and SC22 got graded...I would bet SC22 is still a more scarce book in 8.0+ and even in 7.5+. For a matter of fact, I have no seen any new SC22 in 8.5+ on the census for about five years. ;)

The 8.0 sc22 that I had that later became a 9.0 came from a source that has a few other nice copies (at least 3 iirc). He doesn't , however have a better than fn sc4

I would say less hg sc4 in the wild than sc22 but that's just from my experience. Your mileage may very.

The 8.0 sc22 that I had that later became a 9.0 came from a source that has a few other nice copies (at least 3 iirc). He doesn't , however have a better than fn sc4

I would say less hg sc4 in the wild than sc22 but that's just from my experience. Your mileage may very.

But isn't the highest graded #22 a 9.0 [haven't seen the census in a few years] while there are a half dozen or so #4 in 9.0 or higher?

Haven't posted in this thread in a while but it's great to see how far this book has come. Who would have imagined so many tv & movie appearances, and popularity the character would have. It's about time!

But isn't the highest graded #22 a 9.0 [haven't seen the census in a few years] while there are a half dozen or so #4 in 9.0 or higher?

Highest is a 9.2 (was my old 8.5 that thomas wilson bought, double up'd and then sold right away on Clink) - maybe 3 years ago.

There is a 9.6 sc4 and a 9.4 sc4, but they're both really tough above 8.5, period. SC4 is tougher in aggregate (less copies).

sc4 is also easier to get a high page quality on. sc22 next and bb 28 is most difficult of the 3. my dataset is a few dozen to several dozen copies of each.

JD

Highest is a 9.2 (was my old 8.5 that thomas wilson bought, double up'd and then sold right away on Clink) - maybe 3 years ago.

There is a 9.6 sc4 and a 9.4 sc4, but they're both really tough above 8.5, period. SC4 is tougher in aggregate (less copies).

sc4 is also easier to get a high page quality on. sc22 next and bb 28 is most difficult of the 3. my dataset is a few dozen to several dozen copies of each.

JD

I disagree. Currently on the CGC there are:

SC 4 Sc22 BB 28

9.6 1 9.6 0 9.6 0

9.4. 2 9.4 0 9.4 2

9.2. 2 9.2 1 9.2 3

9.0 2 9.0 3 9.0 7

8.5 3 8.5 4 8.5 7

8.0 7 8.0 7 8.0 23

7.5 7 7.5 10 7.5 15

The data shows that SC22 is the rarest in 8.0+ grade, next would be SC4 and then BB28.

The softer price for BB28 in 8.0 is due to so many copies in 8.0. I agree that SC4 is printed in better paper with three copies with WP's in 7.5+ compare to one SC22 in 7.5+ with WP and one BB28 in 7.5+ with WP. There has been as many as 8 copies Showcase 4 and 15 Brave and the Bold 8.0 added to the census the last five years and compare to only 2 Showcase 22 8.0+ added the last five years. I love all three books, but SC22 is a the rarest to find in high grade (yes, I have position on all three books). :)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

JD

I disagree. Currently on the CGC there are:

SC 4 Sc22 BB 28

9.6 1 9.6 0 9.6 0

9.4. 2 9.4 0 9.4 2

9.2. 2 9.2 1 9.2 3

9.0 2 9.0 3 9.0 7

8.5 3 8.5 4 8.5 7

8.0 7 8.0 7 8.0 23

7.5 7 7.5 10 7.5 15

The data shows that SC22 is the rarest in 8.0+ grade, next would be SC4 and then BB28.

The softer price for BB28 in 8.0 is due to so many copies in 8.0. I agree that SC4 is printed in better paper with three copies with WP's in 7.5+ compare to one SC22 in 7.5+ with WP and one BB28 in 7.5+ with WP. There has been as many as 8 copies Showcase 4 and 15 Brave and the Bold 8.0 added to the census the last five years and compare to only 2 Showcase 22 8.0+ added the last five years. I love all three books, but SC22 is the rarest to find in high grade (yes, I have position on all three books). :)

No question.