• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,275 posts in this topic

Just picked up these two recently....

Beautiful covers. (thumbs u I never realized how similar Basil Wolverton's Robert Crumb's style is to Robert Crumb Basil Wolverton .

FTFY.

Wolverton was much admired but some of the founders of the Underground movement.

My bad. :blush: Basil came first. He was clearly a huge influence.

I love Hartley's work on Dotty and really like some of his Atlas stuff, especially the romance covers. His Archie work is execrable :sick:

Some of Al's splash pages are pretty nice too...

img275.jpg

:luhv:

Edited by Mr. Lady Luck

I just upgraded my ragged copy of this book. Not high grade but better than what I had. I think it's one of the funnier cover jokes.

willie19053%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zpshbtixx1o.jpg

This is one of my favorite Willie covers:

willie15054%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zps5nhufvva.jpg

Willie 15 is an old purchase from one of the Heritage Sunday comics auctions.. It was with a group of teen books all in the VG/Fine range. I've missed out on the Crippen copy twice but at least this copy is in pretty good shape.

Willie 15 is an old purchase from one of the Heritage Sunday comics auctions.. It was with a group of teen books all in the VG/Fine range. I've missed out on the Crippen copy twice but at least this copy is in pretty good shape.

Well, you just created a new Willie 15 competitor. hm

A lot of these books have been under the radar for years. Even the Gerber books didn't waste much space on the Timely teen books. It's nice they're finally getting some appreciation.

Well, you just created a new Willie 15 competitor. hm

Willie 15 is the new Cindy 37.

:D

Good to know its possible! I've found one ragged copy in about four years.