• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

They told me that SDCC put them behind quite a bit with orders. Apparently the crew working SDCC left the store (or whatever it is) with a skeleton crew to process all of our orders, hence the delay. And yet I have seen plenty of folks with books in handed, signed copies as well, so I'm not sure how much that "excuse" holds water.

Its too bad that businesses can't anticipate when SDCC is every year. Its a real shame they don't let anyone know in advance when the event is, so they can plan accordingly in order to serve their customers better. I mean, I need to know at least 3 years in advance if SDCC is the 2nd OR 3rd weekend of July, or else my whole schedule goes to ashes.

I also wish it was easier to anticipate that SDCC is the biggest event every year, so that companies can anticipate how to allocate their product and staff resources.

Its really too bad that its such a well kept secret that SDCC is mid July every year and is always the biggest comic/media event of the year.

** It IS reasonable to have some delays for SDCC (or any nearly any reason), but there's NO reason not to post the cutoff date for orders before the inevitable and foreseeable delay, so POTENTIAL customers can get an accurate idea of when they'll be getting their comics. Post it big and bold on the website so people know, otherwise its very unprofessional and borderline unethical.

They told me that SDCC put them behind quite a bit with orders. Apparently the crew working SDCC left the store (or whatever it is) with a skeleton crew to process all of our orders, hence the delay. And yet I have seen plenty of folks with books in handed, signed copies as well, so I'm not sure how much that "excuse" holds water.

Its too bad that businesses can't anticipate when SDCC is every year. Its a real shame they don't let anyone know in advance when the event is, so they can plan accordingly in order to serve their customers better. I mean, I need to know at least 3 years in advance if SDCC is the 2nd OR 3rd weekend of July, or else my whole schedule goes to ashes.

I also wish it was easier to anticipate that SDCC is the biggest event every year, so that companies can anticipate how to allocate their product and staff resources.

Its really too bad that its such a well kept secret that SDCC is mid July every year and is always the biggest comic/media event of the year.

** It IS reasonable to have some delays for SDCC (or any nearly any reason), but there's NO reason not to post the cutoff date for orders before the inevitable and foreseeable delay, so POTENTIAL customers can get an accurate idea of when they'll be getting their comics. Post it big and bold on the website so people know, otherwise its very unprofessional and borderline unethical.

I agree, it's no secret when SDCC is every year so to set unrealistic expectations and make false promises upon which you can not deliver does not make good business practice. I absolutely expect delays this time of year, not only with SDCC but throughout "con season". This is JSCStore's first year with this so they should have known well in advance that they would experience delays such as this.

I wonder who are the ones complaining about the shipping delays?

I'd speculate the "I appreciate JSC for lining my pockets" resellers VS the "I appreciate JSC as a fan of his artwork" in that...

If a person gets their order confirmed, so they're locked and loaded, guaranteed their merchandise at a set price, but with a slight delay to receive, they should be happy... if they're a fan and collector.

If they're a reseller, then in this world of "hot today, cold tomorrow" and competitive nature of having more demand than supply diminish with each passing day, so the opportunity to maximize profits is a shrinking window, or you've pre-sold merchandise at a profit only to not have it ready for customers who are on edge... well... I'd say...

...well, I'm not sure what I'd say but anticipate what a lot of others would say in terms of the difference between the scenario of fan vs reseller...

Unless the JSC Store has a reputation of taking orders and not fulfilling them, I would guess patience is a virtue and what's the difference of a few weeks or even a month to get what you paid for? It's not prescription medication that, if you don't receive it in a timely manner you'll feel the ill effects...

I wonder who are the ones complaining about the shipping delays?

I'd speculate the "I appreciate JSC for lining my pockets" resellers VS the "I appreciate JSC as a fan of his artwork" in that...

In my case, this is wrong. I bought one copy for my personal collection. I complained because I AM a fan and I am excited to get this sooner rather than later.

Anyone here collect Campbell sketches? The sketch bug bit me a while back and I have been trying to acquire some Campbell pieces within the last few years.

Here is my Campbell sketch collection :

image_zpsfnm4mkc1.jpegimage_zps9vpgprnh.jpeg

If anyone has any sketches they want to sell shoot me a PM.

Also, id love to see some OA, sketch covers in your collection.

:)

Anyone here collect Campbell sketches? The sketch bug bit me a while back and I have been trying to acquire some Campbell pieces within the last few years.

Here is my Campbell sketch collection :

image_zpsfnm4mkc1.jpegimage_zps9vpgprnh.jpeg

If anyone has any sketches they want to sell shoot me a PM.

Also, id love to see some OA, sketch covers in your collection.

:)

:o Awesome collection.