• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age War comics
15 15

1,413 posts in this topic

I thought I'd revisit this thread since I really enjoy Golden Age era War comics and I feel guilty posting them up in the SA War thread all the time.

One of my favorite titles is War Comics / War Stories. I noticed War Comics #1 is the No 2 ranked War book of the Golden Age per the latest Overstreet war guide. 1st comic dedicated to war. I think I provided a group shot of these once, but thought I would share them up individually:

(I have larger scans, but just pulling these from my CollectorZ cloud):

31_6989834_0_WarComics_1.jpg

2f_6989835_0_WarComics_2.jpg

9f_6989836_0_WarComics_3.jpg

8d_6989837_0_WarComics_4.jpg

04_6989838_0_WarStories_5.jpg

be_6989839_0_WarStories_6.jpg

1b_6989840_0_WarStories_7.jpg

e5_6989841_0_WarStories_8.jpg

Dang Robot. You've got some nice ones! Those Atlas books are great and I just love those Farrels. They have great colors as well as great cover art!

Thanks the two you posted are awesome too. Never seen either one. I love the Capt Aero run.

How has this thread managed to not include the EC war titles yet? I think Kurtzman's work never looked better than on these:

FC_07.jpg

Never paid real attention to this one but it's harrowing :thumbsup:

How has this thread managed to not include the EC war titles yet? I think Kurtzman's work never looked better than on these:

FC_07.jpg

Never paid real attention to this one but it's harrowing :thumbsup:

One of his more effective covers. Definitely a classic. :applause: