• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Apologies, but you poor hotlinking is the cause. I could not see any Campbell related items in your post and took it as you posting a link to something you wanted to see Campbell do, instead of something already done.

Let me fix that.

poison_ivy_gray_by_j_scott_campbell_d2yp0gi.jpg

There you go.

I win the internets today!

Not to be rude but correct me if I'm wrong but this is the J Scott Campbell Appreciation thread.......no where does it say it has to be a mass produced comic. That was a link to a custom sketch cover of his which I felt warranted appreciation as it is AMAZING.......but carry on

You are good man. Plenty of us appreciate his OA, sketch covers, etc.

If anyone is interested in a remark on a cover by Scott let me know. He told me today that I could mail him 3 books for Cgc signature series to be remarked.

Drop me a PM for pricing and shipping details. A good time to get a book remarked by Scott on one of his older covers. Not to mention a rare chance to get oamething done by Scott at home.

Absolutely no blanks.

FD934A95-1F46-4847-8443-59E60C6120A8_zpswpsx0o7d.jpg

19353B45-1F54-4367-9D58-7DFB7705193D_zpsg7qjqgoz.jpg

I did not have any Elephantmen covers in my collection to this point, so I basically bought everything they had at the booth. I happened upon this set at SDCC:

P1020117_zps4fsgpvjx.jpg

Since I had never seen them before, I did a little research and could not find a real value on 31. 32 had 2 sales over $100 which I thought was crazy. Just how rare are these? Not that I would sell the set, just curious.

I did not have any Elephantmen covers in my collection to this point, so I basically bought everything they had at the booth. I happened upon this set at SDCC:

P1020117_zps4fsgpvjx.jpg

Since I had never seen them before, I did a little research and could not find a real value on 31. 32 had 2 sales over $100 which I thought was crazy. Just how rare are these? Not that I would sell the set, just curious.

Nice set. How much did you pick it up for? I've been looking for 32. Comicbookinvest mentioned it in an article recently. For issue 31 the estimated that it had a print run of 200-300.

Anybody else think this sig. looks suspicious? Usually it's more like two words "CampBell". This just looks like a bad scribble.

Elephantmen #18 Sketch Signed

Not one of his best but it looks okay. I've seen people hand the guy like 50 books all at once, not for CGC authentication and I'm surprised he makes it through it lol. This was probably one of those cases, he seems to rush through the books when there's a stack of them.

P1020117_zps4fsgpvjx.jpg

Nice set. How much did you pick it up for? I've been looking for 32. Comicbookinvest mentioned it in an article recently. For issue 31 the estimated that it had a print run of 200-300.

All of the variant books were $10 at the Elephantmen booth.

Comicbookinvest mentioned it in an article recently. For issue 31 the estimated that it had a print run of 200-300.

If they're still selling copies at their SDCC booth 5 years after the issues were published you should probably throw that 200-300 number out the window.

Comicbookinvest mentioned it in an article recently. For issue 31 the estimated that it had a print run of 200-300.

If they're still selling copies at their SDCC booth 5 years after the issues were published you should probably throw that 200-300 number out the window.

There was only like 1 or 2 of each variant for the Campbell books, plus none of the #18 variant, which I was on the hunt for:(

I got the shipping notification on Sunday & it started moving yesterday. But I was also waiting for my Betty & Veronica & thought that was what was holding up my order. But that still shows unshipped. So I'm a little perplexed as well.

They told me that SDCC put them behind quite a bit with orders. Apparently the crew working SDCC left the store (or whatever it is) with a skeleton crew to process all of our orders, hence the delay. And yet I have seen plenty of folks with books in handed, signed copies as well, so I'm not sure how much that "excuse" holds water.

Edited by JLS Comics