• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

I would rather have this one.

Amazing Death of X Variant Cover by Frison.

antman_zpswmka61fj.jpg

Interesting pose and one would think some blood would be involved with that many wounds.

Nobody makes psylocke bleed her own blood NOBODY... :ohnoez:

antman_zpswmka61fj.jpg

Interesting pose and one would think some blood would be involved with that many wounds.

Nobody makes psylocke bleed her own blood NOBODY... :ohnoez:

lol

They're metaphorical wounds...

:insane:

antman_zpswmka61fj.jpg

The arrows and such look like they were added after the fact. Maybe they are just stick ons? (shrug) They definitely don't look like they are part of the original image.

Any thoughts on the Dark Tower series since movie is in production and release date is Jan. 2017. prespec?

I'm hoping it does well and heats up... I have a group of Dark Tower Gunslinger series that I've saved... original purchases. This was the series that got me back into comic collecting again. :)

9 Cover A has pretty much everything going for it.

except for being a second appearance, sure.

You can keep arguing semantics or pay attention to the market.

7 = cameo

9 = full

And 9 is still selling for less.

9 Cover A has pretty much everything going for it.

except for being a second appearance, sure.

You can keep arguing semantics or pay attention to the market.

7 = cameo

9 = full

And 9 is still selling for less.

Some just refuse to acknowledge the change in the market. It will come back eventually, but not for at least a few years.

Is it worth buying a cgc 9.8 of walking dead 108 for $150 or is that probably where the value will max out at once Ezekiel makes his appearance? I'm debating on getting a cgc 9.8 or a few raw

Edited by rckstr1253

How about Reborn #1 coming from Image in October? It is written by Mark Millar and drawn by Greg Capullo. There are covers by Capullo, Jock, Frank Cho, John Cassaday and a blank. There is also a 1:100 sketch cover by Capullo and a 1:25 Todd McFarlane retailer variant.

That's a lot of big names and Image seems to be on a roll. I'm going to take a stab at it. I ordered three of each of the non-limited covers. Hoping I can get the Capullo sketch and the McFarlane.

How about Reborn #1 coming from Image in October? It is written by Mark Millar and drawn by Greg Capullo. There are covers by Capullo, Jock, Frank Cho, John Cassaday and a blank. There is also a 1:100 sketch cover by Capullo and a 1:25 Todd McFarlane retailer variant.

That's a lot of big names and Image seems to be on a roll. I'm going to take a stab at it. I ordered three of each of the non-limited covers. Hoping I can get the Capullo sketch and the McFarlane.

It is funny because the publisher of Image went on a rant at ComicsPRO saying how they were doing away with ratio variants because it is bad for business and bad for shops because they had to order a ton of books that would just sit in the back issue bins.

This post linked below came out when the solicitations for this book first came out talking about the issue:

https://comicsheatingup.net/2016/07/21/image-comics-to-release-ratio-variant-for-new-book-reborn/

Animosity #2 Kyle Strahm variants released by Frankie's comics.

The cover images has not been released yet, but there will be two covers. A regular cover, limited to 150 copies and a black and white variant limited to 50 copies.

Sold out in about 12 hours. Thoughts?

50 sets and 100 single color books sold in 12 hours vs 10,000 Turner HQ#1 variants sold in hours. 1 person could easily have bought the entire print run of this book in 1 minute. Will they be worth the price you paid in a year, maybe, worth hundreds in a year maybe. But I am not so sure micro printings for retailers are tremendous speculative plays. They are however great additions to a personal collection. IMHO