• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

Excited to have this one! A comission by John Byrne of my favorite scence from the Dark Phoenix Saga!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1330045

Wow!

I'm a huge fan of the cover for the Classic X-men #39 as well, way more than the Uncanny #133 :cloud9:

Ditto. Wolverine taking on the Hellfire Club goons brings back so many fond memories for me...the fight scene greatly expanded Wolvie's popularity/coolness factor and added to the overall New Xmen mythos. To have a Byrne commission to evoke this nostalgic elements is a prize indeed. Congrats!

New in today, Bruce McCorkindale recreation of Ditko's ASM # 33 cover (measuring approx. 13" x 20"):

bruce%20a_1.jpg

I also have Bruce's recreation of the ASM #32 cover (2nd part of the Master-Planner trilogy), along with lots of other Spidey re-dos. Click on to the link for my CAF in my signature line (and go into my Covers Gallery # 4).

Visited & left a comment.

Just gorgeous!

Are the effects done with zip-a-tone or is the art on duo-shade art board?

forgive my ignorance but I have no idea!!! What is a zip-a-tone?

Visited & left a comment.

Just gorgeous!

Are the effects done with zip-a-tone or is the art on duo-shade art board?

forgive my ignorance but I have no idea!!! What is a zip-a-tone?

Yeah, if it's zip-a-tone you can see it or feel it as it's a thin film adhered onto the art board .

The duo-shade art board is achieved with brushing on developer fluid so there's no film "cut-out" feeling or visuals.

Anyways, just curious as to how Frank created that beautiful cover !

It's CRAFTINT board with gray tones according to one site's description of this page.

And that is one amazing cover. Congrats to Doc Joe on adding another classic showcase piece to his collection.

It's a good year for swamp monster covers.

Edited by The Shoveler