• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
11 11

2,178 posts in this topic

I'll go into the movie the same way I watch the tv show- I pull cool bits and pieces that I like and try to focus on those.

:applause:

A wise philosophy so as to achieve some level of appreciation for any live production.

why does the Flash have Elf ears....not sure how that suit would fit into a ring.

I wish these costume designers would take into consideration realistic requirements like this where a suit can shrink down so it fits into a ring. Unbelieveable!

hm

Wait a minute! Comic book physics. I forgot.

(:

6QGn3xu.jpg

Remember, Barry Allen (and Wally West, and Bart Allen) had a suit that was chemically treated so it shrinks down into this ring - including the pointy ear displays - for decades. What I didn't realize until looking it up is this has been in place since Showcase #4.

The Mary Sue did a cool article a few years back about the changes to The Flash costume over the years.

Agent of S.T.Y.L.E. – The Flash Legacy!

This is seriously one of the best superhero costumes ever done, in my opinion (and got even better when the belt was altered slightly decades later, as we’ll discuss). The Flash is all about speed, lightning fast attacks, and a sense of freedom. The costume says all of that. He’s sleek, unadorned, bright like a race car. He wore skin-tight running gear years before marathon runners started wearing it themselves.

Barry-Allen-Flash-2-580x412.jpg

Rather than copy Jay Garrick’s suit, Barry came up with a unique outfit. A later Flash comic hilariously said that Barry did this to avoid the comic book company suing him for infringement. With Jay, the lightning was symbolic of speed, but with Barry it’s also a reference to the literal source of his abilities.

Barry recalls Jay’s winged helmet and boots by adding wings to his own boots and cowl. But from the 1950s until the early 1990s, those were wings on the Flash mask. It’s a cute touch, although a bit impractical as Black Canary later pointed out in the story JLA: Year One. Later stories revealed that they housed radio communication, along with a police scanner. This was later updated to also be a Justice League communicator.

Barry-Allen-Mask-Impractical.jpg

The bright colors and optimistic symbol of a lightning bolt over a white disc all fit wonderfully with the atmosphere of his stories. Barry Allen was a hero motivated by altruism rather than trauma or revenge and he loved his strange life that involved time travel, aliens, hidden cities inhabited by intelligent animals, parallel Earths, and a community of villains more interested in one-upping the scarlet speedster and acquiring cash than killing people.

Another thing to dig about this costume? How it was stored. As he was surrounded by cops during his day job, Barry decided not to risk wearing the skin-tight outfit underneath his civilian clothing. So he treated the fabric and material with a special chemical of his own design that, when coupled with an electrical charge, caused it to shrink drastically. (Once again, chemicals and lightning). The costume was then stored inside a lightning bolt signet ring. When Barry needed to go into action, he pressed a tiny button that caused the signet ring to open. A spring inside shot the costume out of the ring. Exposure to air caused it to immediately expand to full size and a super-speed wardrobe change followed.

The Flash Will Reportedly Film In London Early Next Year

Following in the footsteps of Justice League and Wonder Woman, The Flash will be shooting abroad. The project will like be housed at Leavesden Studio, but fans expect the flick to shoot at other locations as well during production. However, with the film slated to release on March 16th 2018, The Flash has plenty of time to warm-up and get situated overseas.

The release date, however, has many fans wishing the project would hurry up. After all, fans are more excited than ever to see Ezra Miller’s portrayal of the speedster following a newly released teaser for The Justice League. Shown at San Diego Comic Con, the video featured Barry Allen meeting Bruce Wayne for the first time as Gotham’s Bat tried to recruit the vigilante. Hilariously, The Flash was totally cool with joining the super-special team.

And, if you’re one of the many fans who’ve seen Suicide Squad, then you’ll know The Flash also popped up in the film. Seriously, it was almost a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it moment. But, still, moviegoers went wild over the cameo. For those who don’t know, the scene showed The Flash apprehending Captain Boomerang following a heist, and Suicide Squad’s David Ayer confirmed Zack Snyder was the one who directed the shot.

Ezra Miller Talks About Working With Director Rick Famuyiwa And Kiersey Clemons On THE FLASH

During an interview with MTV, the Perks of Being a Wallflower actor spoke about how he and director Rick Famuyiwa will be exploring the brighter, human side of the DC Film Universe with The Flash. “I think there’s just an intention to make something extremely fun and something superhuman and something deeply human,” said Miller. “It’s the thing we’re all trying to do, but I think Rick’s mind and his heart are in an excellent place, and his expertise as a filmmaker, as evidenced by Dope, all come together as very exciting factors to me. It’s hard when talking about Rick to not use the word dope too many times. It’s the Brooklyn in me; dope is a big part of my vernacular.”

Miller went on to talk about his experience so far working with Kiersey Clemons, who recently signed on to play the role of Iris West, The Flash's love interest. “Kiersey is amazing. I had the opportunity to read with her and do some explorative acting in our chemistry read ... the results of these experiments clearly were positive. I’m just deeply excited about what these people carry in their hearts, and I’m excited about the radical intention that everybody seems to be bringing to the genesis chamber of this film.”

On Grant Gustin's portrayal:

“He’s [Grant Gustin] a boss,” said Miller when asked about his TV counterpart. “I can’t wait to see him, eye to eye, adrift in the Speed Force — our eyes will lock and, in that moment, we will both know the truth. What truth? I dare not say.”

JUSTICE LEAGUE's Ray Fisher Will Return As Cyborg In THE FLASH

According to Variety, Ray Fisher will be returning as Cyborg to team-up with Ezra Miller's Flash in 2018. There are no details as to how involved Cyborg will be in the film's overall storyline, but we should probably expect to see the hero make a brief appearance in the film as a possible supporting character.

Cyborg's appearance in The Flash also indicates at the possibility of seeing different members of the Justice League and DC Film Universe making appearances in each other's standalone films.

JUSTICE LEAGUE's Ray Fisher Will Return As Cyborg In THE FLASH

According to Variety, Ray Fisher will be returning as Cyborg to team-up with Ezra Miller's Flash in 2018. There are no details as to how involved Cyborg will be in the film's overall storyline, but we should probably expect to see the hero make a brief appearance in the film as a possible supporting character.

Cyborg's appearance in The Flash also indicates at the possibility of seeing different members of the Justice League and DC Film Universe making appearances in each other's standalone films.

Or maybe they've cancelled the Cyborg movie and shoehorned him into Flash... hm

Rumor: The Flash Movie Villains Revealed as The Rogues

During a Periscope session earlier today, Umberto Gonzalez of The Wrap revealed that a group of villains known simply as The Rogues will be the the main villains for The Flash. Gonzalez did not report what members will make up the group, but should this turn out to be true, we may find out in the near future.

Before jumping into who we could see in particular, it is important to note that Gonzalez did not write this up as an exclusive report so it is possible, if unlikely, that this may not be the case. That said, The Flash is reportedly scheduled to start filming early next year, so director Rick Famuyiwa and new Head of DC Films Geoff Johns should have a good sense as to what the plan is for the story.

As for The Rogues themselves, the group has featured the likes of Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Heat Wave, Mirror Master, The Trickster, Weather Wizard, and others. Both Captain Cold and Heat Wave may be safe bets to make an appearance in the movie, but there are many hoping that Jai Courtney could return as Captain Boomerang. His brief interaction with Flash in Suicide Squad could have easily been setup for the two to meet again down the road. If that is the case, they will have to find a way to get him out of Belle Reve.

Are Captain Cold and Golden Glider THE FLASH Villains?

After The CW introduced Captain Cold and Golden Glider on The Flash, will the sibling villains team up to take down the Scarlet Speedster in the DCEU? According to Mashable's Jeff Sneider, that's what's he's hearing in regards to the previous rumor that The Rogues would be the main antagonists of the standalone, Ezra Miller led superhero feature.

c9gJh5C.jpg

Billy Crudup Cast as Barry Allen's Dad in The Flash Movie

billycruduptheflash-199075.jpg

Billy Crudup has been cast as Henry Allen, father of Barry Allen (played by Ezra Miller) in The Flash movie, Variety reports. The actor has a history with Warner Bros, Zack Snyder, and DC Comics, of course, as the blue-skinned and pantsless Doctor Manhattan in Watchmen. In that movie, he was the one doing the flashing.

Warner Bros. frequently dips into their own past for new films; once they've worked with - and like - and actor, they tend to show their loyalty, so Crudup getting another shot in a superhero world isn't too surprising. The casting for The Flash should be speeding up right about now, as the film is expected to go into active production directly after Justice League, also starring Miller as The Flash, finishes principal photography.

Rick Famuyiwa is directing the film, with Kiersey Clemons also signed to star as Iris West in the film. Seth Grahame-Smith wrote the -script off a Chris Miller and Phil Lord treatment.

Billy Crudup Cast as Barry Allen's Dad in The Flash Movie

billycruduptheflash-199075.jpg

Billy Crudup has been cast as Henry Allen, father of Barry Allen (played by Ezra Miller) in The Flash movie, Variety reports. The actor has a history with Warner Bros, Zack Snyder, and DC Comics, of course, as the blue-skinned and pantsless Doctor Manhattan in Watchmen. In that movie, he was the one doing the flashing.

Warner Bros. frequently dips into their own past for new films; once they've worked with - and like - and actor, they tend to show their loyalty, so Crudup getting another shot in a superhero world isn't too surprising. The casting for The Flash should be speeding up right about now, as the film is expected to go into active production directly after Justice League, also starring Miller as The Flash, finishes principal photography.

Rick Famuyiwa is directing the film, with Kiersey Clemons also signed to star as Iris West in the film. Seth Grahame-Smith wrote the -script off a Chris Miller and Phil Lord treatment.

That costume is just horrid. Armor on a speedster? And all the lines and seams? Not very aerodynamic.